Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous jets?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 03:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nitrous jets?

whats the diffrence between the brass jets and the stainless jets other than money? i read where (cant remember where) they say better consistancy but does anyone know if thats true or not?
Old 02-16-2005, 03:56 AM
Restricted User

Shouldnt be any more consistent, unless its meaning their talking about the size of the orifice from jet to jet of the same number. But I cant say that would be an issue. All jets are rated from the size of the orifice, and drilling a brass fitting and SS fitting should yeild the same results if using the same size bit. Not helping much am I? Well, I tried.

Charlie
Old 02-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Staging Lane

Maybe different manufacturers just use different materials ? Thats the only thing I can think of. I know ^ is spelled wrong dont care to check it right now.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok i found it on NOS's site
stainless

Each jet is 100% flow-tested to be within +/- 3% of the specified flow target
Orifice entry and exit geometry is tailored on each jet to meet the target flow and maintain hole size
Light years ahead of "traditional" brass jets in terms of accuracy, precision and repeatability

brass

They are manufactured by pressing a sapphire jewel into the jet body and then utilizing laser technology to "drill" an orifice to the exact specified jet diameter. NOS sapphire jets can be used for low fuel pressure and nitrous jetting, as well as a close tolerance jet for high fuel pressure tuning.

sounds like a marketing scam to sell a jet for $10.00 a piece rather than $7.00 or whatever they go for does anyone else agree?
Old 02-16-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rons 00z
ok i found it on NOS's site
stainless

Each jet is 100% flow-tested to be within +/- 3% of the specified flow target
Orifice entry and exit geometry is tailored on each jet to meet the target flow and maintain hole size
Light years ahead of "traditional" brass jets in terms of accuracy, precision and repeatability

brass

They are manufactured by pressing a sapphire jewel into the jet body and then utilizing laser technology to "drill" an orifice to the exact specified jet diameter. NOS sapphire jets can be used for low fuel pressure and nitrous jetting, as well as a close tolerance jet for high fuel pressure tuning.

sounds like a marketing scam to sell a jet for $10.00 a piece rather than $7.00 or whatever they go for does anyone else agree?

Bingo!
The exact tolerance of the orafice isn't that important. The only application where it even matters is with port fogger systems, but unless the tolerance is at least equal on the nozzle passages, then that's even pointless.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by rons 00z
whats the diffrence between the brass jets and the stainless jets other than money? i read where (cant remember where) they say better consistancy but does anyone know if thats true or not?
The main difference is material.. Money really is not an issue since the quantity counts mfg buys per number. there are companies the use the saying "stainless jets do not erode like brass jets do". Stainless is harder but the eroding of jet made from brass, aluminum or copper would still take more than our lifetime of flowing to get that hole to increase its size any amount. It is purely a marketing gimmic.

I know my spelling may be off sorry about that.

Ricky
Old 02-16-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

Riddle me this why are jets so expensive and seem to go up in price as the years go by.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I do not know this for a fact, but I seriously doubt that NOS actually flow tests each jet. Especially after speaking with a buddy of mine who actally does check every jet and runs a NOS sytem. He typically scraps about 1/2 of the NOS jets he buys. Granted hes pretty **** about this stuff, but runs a serious door slammer up here in New England. Think of how much that would cost NOS. Can anybody enlighten me on this one?
Old 02-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like Marketing to me...
Old 02-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Z284U2TRY
Riddle me this why are jets so expensive and seem to go up in price as the years go by.
Riddle: What does everone want but no one has.$$$$$$$
How was that for a riddle I kinda thought it was

Why does anything go up over time, it costs more to make, market, and sale. The reason that MFG jets cost what they do is (it is the life blood and the holy water for the nitrous system). More time is spent designing and setting the jetting then anything else in any nitrous system.
Ricky