Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

basic questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default basic questions

i've searched a lil, but haven't found what i'm looking for. I want to get some n2o for my 01 ss. its basically stock besides a tsp rumbler cat back and a sllid with a k & n. I only want to run a 50 or 75 shot, but still have the ability to move up to a 100 or 150shot. Now, with the basic kits..is that all i need? i want to be as safe as possible, how much would the total price be with all of the saftey devices?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

basic kits will do up to 150. price all depends where u buy. used or new? i get most of my stuff on ebay.. u can find a new wet dynotune kit for 375 on ebay, the safety devices like a rpm window switch, fuel and n2o filter, and fuel pressure shutoff switch will add 100+ bucks to your intial price.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:52 PM
FormerVendor

I would suggest looking at our Wet kit:

Link to our wet kit

It’s good up to a 200 shot and I can give you any jetting that you want. So the kit will grow with you. I would suggest a window switch and fuel pressure safety switch, along with a set of NGK TR-6 spark plugs. You can get a real good idea of what everything would cost off our website. All of our kits come with a lifetime warranty along with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not happy with our kit we’ll offer you a refund. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Matt

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
i've searched a lil, but haven't found what i'm looking for. I want to get some n2o for my 01 ss. its basically stock besides a tsp rumbler cat back and a sllid with a k & n. I only want to run a 50 or 75 shot, but still have the ability to move up to a 100 or 150shot. Now, with the basic kits..is that all i need? i want to be as safe as possible, how much would the total price be with all of the saftey devices?
Old 07-15-2005, 11:03 PM
9 Second Club

For simplicity you can't beat a dry kit. I went with a dynotune efi dry kit for $350.00 then added all the safety stuff I could find including a $100.00 MSD digital window switch when all was done I have about $600.00 into it. I did dual n20 solenoids for added safety as well. The only other cost I had was the new tr6 spark plugs & a $45.00 bottle fill.

I installed my bottle between the rear seats so I can turn the bottle on manually while driving

My nozzle/noids install
Old 07-15-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by code4
For simplicity you can't beat a dry kit. I went with a dynotune efi dry kit for $350.00 then added all the safety stuff I could find including a $100.00 MSD digital window switch when all was done I have about $600.00 into it. I did dual n20 solenoids for added safety as well. The only other cost I had was the new tr6 spark plugs & a $45.00 bottle fill.

I installed my bottle between the rear seats so I can turn the bottle on manually while driving

My nozzle/noids install
Code4, sometime when you gey a chance snap a picture of the spray in your clear lid. I would be interested in seeing this. We also had talked about this on another thread a while back.
Brandon, some good kits/advice given. go for it, you'll love the spray and you will move up from a small hit at sometime.
Robert
Old 07-16-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah..i'm definatly thinking about it How much would install run for one of these kits? I know I wouldn't be able to install it myself...anybody know a good shop in eastern pa or central jersey that could do it?
Old 07-16-2005, 07:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
u can find a new wet dynotune kit for 375 on ebay
The Dynotune wet kit you saw on ebay would have to be used. We do not sell our kits on EBAY!

Code4, Great pics by the way! - what a clean install!

Brandon,
If you go with our dry kit or wet kit you will be pleased! We offer the best combination of Quality, Customer Service and Price!

Good Luck!

Dean
Old 07-16-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

I'm thinking about the same thing, Brandon. Guys, how much is a *GOOD* install??? Also, what's the deal with remote bottle openers? Do we keep it closed untill we're ready to use it? Also, I've heard about bottle warmers and how they're almost a must. How much does a good one run - does it take a lot of power from the car to run - or can we just tie it into the fuse box and be done with it? Just trying to brainstorm. Thx.

Also, would I need a fuel delievery system upgrade AT ALL to be safe with 100 wet shot? And would anyone mind commenting on Direct Porting NO2? I've heard it's safer and know it's ~$400 more expensive - and adding to that, would the Direct Port 8 cyl. system from Dyno be just right if I added an opener, warmer, extra set of noids and switch center?

Last edited by GTObsessor; 07-16-2005 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Damn thats a lot of ?'s
Old 07-16-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 150shotWS6
Damn thats a lot of ?'s
lol SORRY!
Old 07-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Go with Nitrous Outlet's Dry Halo (comes with saftey equip.) Look on ebay for a bottle heater. and mount that bitch in the back seat to save you from buying a opener! O yeah and a girl to wipe your *** after you poop on yourself! Because after you spray you will be so shock you would be able to!
Old 07-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GTObsessor
I'm thinking about the same thing, Brandon. Guys, how much is a *GOOD* install??? Also, what's the deal with remote bottle openers? Do we keep it closed untill we're ready to use it? Also, I've heard about bottle warmers and how they're almost a must. How much does a good one run - does it take a lot of power from the car to run - or can we just tie it into the fuse box and be done with it? Just trying to brainstorm. Thx.

Also, would I need a fuel delievery system upgrade AT ALL to be safe with 100 wet shot? And would anyone mind commenting on Direct Porting NO2? I've heard it's safer and know it's ~$400 more expensive - and adding to that, would the Direct Port 8 cyl. system from Dyno be just right if I added an opener, warmer, extra set of noids and switch center?

I'll help u out with some! Over here the charge about $150-$300....Go to a shop that knows your engine like the back of their hand! Waste of money to get a opener! Why cause if you go out to cruise you know your gonna wanna race so just turn it on(wont hurt nothing) cause you have the activation switch to turn it off and on......Heater? You will need one no matter what I got mine for $107 off of ebay It was a Dynotune (never been used)...I'll go with dynotune becasue you have a lot of control over your bottle psi. And no it does not take a lot of power..You can EASILY run it off your stock electric system. With a wet shot? No it is not a must at all to upgrade your fuel system. If it were me (all you would need) just get new plugs and a fuel pump and you are good to go! Direct Port? IMO just stay with a single nozzle system. I say Direct port is for systems that are 200 shot and up. Waste of money if your going to just do 100-150 shot!

Anyone correct or support my answers! Still learning too!
Old 07-16-2005, 06:12 PM
FormerVendor

They really aren’t that bad to install. It's pretty straight forward. We do installs here and we're just west of Philly.

Matt

yeah..i'm definatly thinking about it How much would install run for one of these kits? I know I wouldn't be able to install it myself...anybody know a good shop in eastern pa or central jersey that could do it?
Old 07-16-2005, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What ever you deside, just get the gas, you'll be happy no matter what, just be prepared to pill up. A 75 or 100 is neat but I promise you'll be wanting more soon enough... Good luck, and have fun..!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by charlie c5
What ever you deside, just get the gas, you'll be happy no matter what, just be prepared to pill up. A 75 or 100 is neat but I promise you'll be wanting more soon enough... Good luck, and have fun..!!!
If you were responding to me (sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread) I plan on doing 125 if I go through with it because I have no problem dishing out the extra $$ for the safety stuff. It will probably be my only performance mod for a while except for catback.. maby headers if i run into some $$$