Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This guy has no clue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 09:49 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
I feel that I went 9's without alot of trouble.

Rossler trans $3000
Certified roll cage $2500
CCW wheels and tires $2500
5.3 Stg 1.5 heads with o-ring $1600
Cartech headers $800
Stainless works exh $1000
TNT kit $500
Comp cam $400
fuel pump $250
rearend shaft $200
ARP head studs $200
LS6 intake, Vararam, mass air, injectors, tuning, etc.

So quite abit of hard work and $15K I was in the 9's. Now bare in mind with a killer set of LS6 heads the car made 100 RWHP MORE POWER, enough to go 150 mph in the quarter. But at that power level it gets very difficult to keep the heads on, and of course with a Corvette, makes it pretty much impossible to get down the track without parts breakage. We went 9's without breaking one part.
Awsome car and great job!! BUT 9.80 and a 8.9999 are light years apart!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:51 AM
8 second mod

King Crap Box, you are my new god!!!!
you keep racing your air LS1, and hell she will be in the 7's soon.
good luck man. when i grow up and make lots of |$$$ im having you build my car.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

LMAO @ Brad.

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Old 08-26-2005, 10:26 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
LMAO @ Brad.
thank you, thank you, Im here all week!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

IMO, 9's are pretty easy to get to. Before I sold my car, I ran a 10.27 lifting at 1000ft due to inadequate FP. This was a 6.0L motor I built in my garage (nothing special), a TH400 with a Midwest converter, and tuned myself. Problem was I was running a stock in-tank pump and inadequate pressure. The car would have easily been in the 9's on a 150-shot.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:12 AM
8 second mod

would have, could have, should have. But, IT DIDNT.
My truck should go 12's, it went 16.5 stock, i did a cold air, dual exhaust, and a tune, it should go 12's.. right? my opinion it should, could, but hasnt yet.
these should could or would is crap. GIT R DUN.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Reckless
HEHE...weren't you the one that stated money was the limitation? We do the best with what we can afford right now. Show me another 358 with a 200-shot running 5.7 @123 in the eight on the stock PCM And, BTW, we'd be running the car right now if the head gasket folks would get some to us Takes an act of God to get SCE Titans
I 100% understand where you are coming from Todd. We're faced with the same thing when we work with Powells car. Powells car has been only slightly slower than that with 350 more lbs and 50 more inches with a 1.48 60' time. Maybe we'll see you guys at the Thunder Shootout.

We got our SCE Titans in like a week. Who are you getting them through?
Old 08-26-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Exactly, you aren't smart enough or experienced enough to debate with me using INTELLIGENT THOUGHT, so you turn to dumbass comments.

This is all my fault, I should've seen that coming.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:18 AM
8 second mod

you are going based simply on opinion, im going based on real world, been there done that. show me a 346 on spray only that you build go in the 8's reliable, and prove me wrong. Until then, your opinion is just that, and opinion!
Old 08-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

It's one thing to sit here and say this and that will do whatever.... guys that are out running cars, running whatever setup it is that they are running and are runing whatever times they can, know best what kind of work it took them to get to the level that they are at and what it's gonna take to get farther. I know what it took to get my slow *** car to where it is, and I am finding out what it's gonna take to get to where I wanna be... alot of $$, alot of time, and a ton of testing to get the car working right.

Hell, anyone can read a book, do some research and say "if I build XXX it will do this or that". Well.... time for a reality check morons.... the real world has these thigns called variables. Just because one guy built a car doesn't even mean that he can reproduce it, never mind anyone else copy it and have the same results. I've seen cars that were stock internal run faster then guys with h/c setups on the same day. so what it takes for one guy to get to XXX can be a totally different situation for another, wether it be car, driver, track, whatever.

I've been around racing for most of my life in one form or another... it's easy to take steps foreward when you are 100 feet back, but to take those steps foreward when you are already at the front of the line is so much harder it can not even be understood by anyone other then those that are there. All the $$ in the world won't even do the job alot of the time, it comes down to knowing what it is that you are working with and how it responds to changes, and all of that.

Guess the point I'm trying to make here is that if you don't have a car of your own that you are racing, sold your car, traded your car, or are even in the process of building your car and haven't yet run the car to see where it stacks up... you really have no business even bickering with people, because you are nothing more then a sideliner at this point.

Let the guys that are out there running the cars that they own and have built battle this out on a track... and let them learn from each other... and then let them share with us sideliners what they want to. Hell, if you aren't even willing to spend the $$ to build a car and try to race it, then what business is it of yours to even ask for info? In my opinion, if you aren't even tryin to compete, then you shouldn't even be privied to the info that they learn at all.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Junkie

you are going based simply on opinion, im going based on real world, been there done that. show me a 346 on spray only that you build go in the 8's reliable, and prove me wrong. Until then, your opinion is just that, and opinion!
What I say isn't opinion. It's used every day by real racers to go fast. I'm sorry you can't see that.

You have no idea what I've already accomplished, what I'm capable of, or what I'm about to do. Here's a small preview:

Can you say Seven-Teens @ 205 MPH?
Old 08-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

We ordeed them directly from SCE, but they are not in cycle on SBC right now. We are considering another route so we can tow up there and shut Noyzees ******* mouth
Old 08-26-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Reckless
We ordeed them directly from SCE, but they are not in cycle on SBC right now. We are considering another route so we can tow up there and shut Noyzees ******* mouth
Hopefully you guys can make it up there and represent Texas.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Race your car!

I don't think that anyone will ever Shut noyzee up LOL. But hey, you texans always do everything bigger and better then everyone else, so all you should have to do is show up and everyone else should be racing for 2nd place.

5 bucks says that if you all do show up... either one of the following will happen:

This will end up being a very close race, and luck will end up being one of the best cards to have in your hand at the end of the day.

You will all set the cars on kill, put them all on the bumper wreck the car and lose.

You will have the same problem that everyone else has with a nitrous car, and sling the head gaskets right out onto the track.

You will not run the # that you all think that you will, and will look stupid for not being able to back all this **** up that you are talking

Or, you will all kill everyone at the race, send everyone back home, let them all know see what they are missing, and everyone will show up at the next race and smoke your doors off.

Wish I could be there to see it... but I guarintee that if you all show up.. one of thsoe situations will happen.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I don't think that anyone will ever Shut noyzee up LOL. But hey, you texans always do everything bigger and better then everyone else, so all you should have to do is show up and everyone else should be racing for 2nd place.

5 bucks says that if you all do show up... either one of the following will happen:

This will end up being a very close race, and luck will end up being one of the best cards to have in your hand at the end of the day.

You will all set the cars on kill, put them all on the bumper wreck the car and lose.

You will have the same problem that everyone else has with a nitrous car, and sling the head gaskets right out onto the track.

You will not run the # that you all think that you will, and will look stupid for not being able to back all this **** up that you are talking

Or, you will all kill everyone at the race, send everyone back home, let them all know see what they are missing, and everyone will show up at the next race and smoke your doors off.

Wish I could be there to see it... but I guarintee that if you all show up.. one of thsoe situations will happen.
I for 1 have not been talking ****. I want to know about this 2K for the fastest N20 car. What are the rules, that go along with this deal, and is it still on the table.........or is someone now chewing on toenails?
Old 08-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Race your car!

Comment wasn't made at anyone specific... just the entire group from texas that seems to think that noone from anywhere else has any idea how to go fast.

If I offended someone.. good, maybe that will make them come up and put up... then maybe shut up.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Comment wasn't made at anyone specific... just the entire group from texas that seems to think that noone from anywhere else has any idea how to go fast.

If I offended someone.. good, maybe that will make them come up and put up... then maybe shut up.
I'm not offended ,I would just like to know if the 2k will be there to support your mouth ? I wouldnt even be considering the trip without the extra payout.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

And just who the **** are you loud mouth and what the **** have you done lately? Come on down to Texas and we'll show you just how fast we are buckwheat.

just the entire group from texas that seems to think that noone from anywhere else has any idea how to go fast.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:28 PM
Race your car!

guess it's working
Old 08-26-2005, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

guess it's working
Yep

Quick Reply: This guy has no clue!!!