Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This guy has no clue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 01:01 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you had to pay for everything because your dad went BROKE feeding your ***!
Old 08-25-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Don't think so but haven't had it on the 1/4 mile since then. Sam don't get your panties in a wad I was just asking not hatin.

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
No it has not.
Have you been a 9 again in the past year?Was that a fluke weekend?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:10 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My dads deceased....
Please leave him out of it..
Old 08-25-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JS
Brad at least I have set of ***** and EVERYTHING I have was paid for by me
Yes Daddy

If u guys dont think the cyl psi of a 1600HP turbo engine is equaled to a 1000HP N20 engine then the lessons are over.
Not questioning that a turbo can/will produce as mush if not more cylinder pressure than an N2O car...I think (again not claiming to be an expert) it is the low RPM / low piston speed that the initial hit of juice lifts the head...
A turbo has a hell of a lot more piston speed at higher boost levels..."Again Not and expert here...Just a theory"
Old 08-25-2005, 01:13 PM
8 second mod

It was a joke, but sorry for that.

your still fat. lol
Old 08-25-2005, 01:14 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by SPRSPT
Not questioning that a turbo can/will produce as mush if not more cylinder pressure than an N2O car...I think (again not claiming to be an expert) it is the low RPM / low piston speed that the initial hit of juice lifts the head...
A turbo kas a hell of a lot more piston speed at higher boost levels..."Again Not and expert here...Just a theory"
jack of all trades master of none.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Noyzee
jack of all trades master of none.
Hey you know my theory..." I am never wrong" LOL
Old 08-25-2005, 01:19 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am aint I
God kill me now.....
Old 08-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

And had a monster blow off on it...Talking about N2O stuff hear Todd.... LOL
I am too...call Kurt Urban and ask him about his 1968 Camaro.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

well, if you take the flux capacitor divided by 1.21 jigga watts, plus 3 times -2.34 squared, you would know that alot of times these math tables and real life dont meen the same.
bring it to the event, and win a jacket!
Nevermind the fact that you're obviously an uneducated moron, it's aparent you've got no clue how to make horsepower. No wonder LS1 people are so slow. It's people like you that give the rest of the crowd a bad name.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jRaskell
Way too many people here are dismissing knowledge and experience. NOBODY without knowledge and experience, is going to be building anything that runs single digit quarter miles, doesn't matter how much money they have.

With that money though, they can certainly pay somebody with the right knowledge and experience to build them a single digit car. That doesn't make it easy to accomplish though. Just means the person with the money wasn't the one accomplishing the task.

To build a fast car, you need time, money, and KNOWLEDGE. If all you have is the money, you can pay somebody else to invest the time and knowledge. You shouldn't trivialize that time and knowledge because you aren't the one investing it though.

Those of you that talk about being able to easily slap a setup together with enough money, you all are able to do that because you already have experience, not necessarily in doing just that, but enough that you could buy the individual pieces that have been rattled offer in several posts already and assemble them into a drivable car. You still wouldn't have been able to accomplish this without all the effort that's already gone into gaining the experience you currently have.

If it truly was easy, that would mean some rich chump with NO experience at all could buy everything, slap it all together himself, jump in the car, and rip off an 8 second quarter mile. Hell, you slap that chump into a certifiable 8 second car, and I guarantee he won't be ripping off no 8 second quarter mile. Driving experience is a whole other story that shouldn't be dismissed here either.
Somebody should give this guy an award. It's obvious he's been involved in real racing (Wish we could say the same for Noyzee).

I stated very early on in this thread that, in my own opinion (obviously a little biased) that I had both the experience, and the know-how, to put a stock CID LS1 into the 8's with nitrous. The only thing I lack is money. If there is anybody out there that is interested in putting a stock CID LS1 into the 8's on nitrous, feel free to PM me, and I'll give you what I believe it takes. What's ironic is its basically been laid out in this thread. The only problem is that some people are too ignorant to realize it. There loss can be your gain.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Junkie

I think (again not claiming to be an expert) it is the low RPM / low piston speed that the initial hit of juice lifts the head...A turbo has a hell of a lot more piston speed at higher boost levels..."
Okay let's start with this. Nitrous and Boost do NOT affect piston speed. The only two things that affect piston speed are stroke and RPM. The formula for piston speed is:

Piston Speed (FT/MIN) = (Stroke * RPM) / 6
Old 08-25-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Junkie

lifting the heads isnt a big issue in turbo cars. it is in spray cars, if you had this knolage you speek of, or real world experiance with spray and the ls1, you would know what i mean but you have no experiance with spray on an ls1 car, so it is easy. i liked the air car and air gituar thing. lol
We've been spraying 400 on Powells car for almost a year now, and lost 1 Fel-Pro gasket due to bad gas finding it's way into the nitrous enrichment cell. Maybe you're the one who doesn't know how to use nitrous the right way?
Old 08-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Noyzee knows how to make power.. it's not a matter of making power, it's doing so and having it stay together here guys.

If the rules allowed for enough solenoids to runa real dual or 3 stage setup.. then a NOS car could roll the cyl. pressure on like a turbo car does, say start out of the hole on a 150 shot, then have a 2nd 125 stage, then a 3rd 125.. or if they are brave, 150 + stage, then I think that the head lifting problem would somewhat be resolved. Sprspt is right, it's the massive initial hit that is what lifts the heads off.. if a turbo car was able to spool the turbo's to max at the line without the pressure going into the engione, via a bov or whatever then drop the transbrake,and when that happens have 100% of max boost dropped into the engine all at once.... they would be doing 2 things.. running 330 foot times like a nitrous car... and lifting heads like a nitrous car too.

Again.. there is a way to solve a huge part of this problem... fill the block, and the heads with blok fill and say the hell with a cooling system, but for the series, there's not enough time for somethign like that to cool off enough I don't think.. so it's not really a fisable idea.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Noyzee knows how to make power..
He's made it obvious that he doesn't.

If the rules allowed for enough solenoids to runa real dual or 3 stage setup.. then a NOS car could roll the cyl. pressure on like a turbo car does, say start out of the hole on a 150 shot, then have a 2nd 125 stage, then a 3rd 125.. or if they are brave, 150 + stage, then I think that the head lifting problem would somewhat be resolved. Sprspt is right, it's the massive initial hit that is what lifts the heads off.. if a turbo car was able to spool the turbo's to max at the line without the pressure going into the engione, via a bov or whatever then drop the transbrake,and when that happens have 100% of max boost dropped into the engine all at once.... they would be doing 2 things.. running 330 foot times like a nitrous car... and lifting heads like a nitrous car too.
Actually, a nitrous car relies on it's ability to get to the 330' mark as quickly as possible. After-all, the ET for a car is found in the first 330'. It helps when you're racing against turbo cars with sub-standard tuners.

Again.. there is a way to solve a huge part of this problem... fill the block, and the heads with blok fill and say the hell with a cooling system, but for the series, there's not enough time for somethign like that to cool off enough I don't think.. so it's not really a fisable idea.
I can see filling the block with hardblok to help, but there are ways to modify the cooling system to help prevent hot-spots in the system, and it doesn't involve eliminating the cooling system. With no cooling system at all it would be next to impossible to prevent detonation. Hot-spots like a ************.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
Okay let's start with this. Nitrous and Boost do NOT affect piston speed. The only two things that affect piston speed are stroke and RPM. The formula for piston speed is:

Piston Speed (FT/MIN) = (Stroke * RPM) / 6
My point is the turbo cars are making the power at higher rpm's...(Car spools up)hence more piston speed... A N2O car does not have the piston speed needed at the lower RPM's. What I mean is that hitting a car w/ 300 plus out of the gate seems to be harder on the head gaskets than the power curve of the turbo cars...Again just a theory...
But all kidding aside saying you can do it and doing it are two different worlds...Not taking anything away from u it seems like you are pretty knowledgable on the subject but at least Brad is out there doing it...I can understand the $$$ thing. It does take big bucks but again to say is one thing to do is another....
And by the way how many cubes is Mr Powell's car on the N2O list it is not listed as a H/C car (AKA 346-348)....
Old 08-25-2005, 08:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the saying and doing thing...In this world its put up or shut up 90% of the time...bench racing only carries you so far till you have to stand up for your beliefs...On that note I know I could build a 8 sec naturally aspirated ls1 ...I just wouldnt have to use aluminum rods to do it...they stretch like a "mother ******" LOL Now you could believe me or you could say whatever ..thing is nobody would know unless I did it...

Last edited by Joe Overton; 08-25-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:24 PM
8 Second Club

408ci .. I've been a 5.85 @ 121 (1.42 60ft) on a 350 shot @ 3550. I've only made 2 full 1/4 passes.... When I took a little weight out of the car (still stock hood, trunk, brakes, etc..) I went a 5.91 @ 121 (1.46 60ft) on a 300 shot.

*Edit* on my 9.39 @ 147 pass I went a 6.00 @ 118 1/8th.. So something to think about..

I'm getting the weight down and as soon as it is back together it should go ATLEAST an 8.8 or so!

This is still a 11.5:1 compression motor with some MTI Stage 3 LS6 Heads (330cfm).
Old 08-25-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Junkie

My point is the turbo cars are making the power at higher rpm's...(Car spools up)hence more piston speed... A N2O car does not have the piston speed needed at the lower RPM's. What I mean is that hitting a car w/ 300 plus out of the gate seems to be harder on the head gaskets than the power curve of the turbo cars...Again just a theory...
But all kidding aside saying you can do it and doing it are two different worlds...Not taking anything away from u it seems like you are pretty knowledgable on the subject but at least Brad is out there doing it...I can understand the $$$ thing. It does take big bucks but again to say is one thing to do is another....
And by the way how many cubes is Mr Powell's car on the N2O list it is not listed as a H/C car (AKA 346-348)....
Actually, turbo cars turn less RPM than nitrous cars (In real racing at least, I'm not sure about the LS1 world ). Each turbo can move so many LBS/HR of air. That's how they arrive at HP ratings for each turbo.

I don't know why people say these N20 cars lift the heads so badly. I can see it happening if you do something stupid with the nitrous. Maybe those people should concentrate on making more power without the nitrous instead of just pilling that ***** up.

Powell has a 408, not a 346.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
A 346 would only have to turn about 7,800 RPM (The end of the tuning tables in Edit) to make 570. And that's if the engine only makes 1.3 TQ/CID and lost 15% of TQ at peak HP. A good engine could probably make closer to 1.4 TQ/CID and only lose about 10% of TQ at peak HP.
Why cant you make 475 on motor and another 350 on nitrous and run it?
The "cant go 8's" went from...At all to,at the specs of XM.
800rwhp at 3200 will run 8's with a 346.

The stock PCM will fuel the car to 9k.Ask Sean about it..he shifts his car at 8500 on nitrous.

Quick Reply: This guy has no clue!!!