Sponsored by:

This guy has no clue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 02:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
No it has not.
Have you been a 9 again in the past year?Was that a fluke weekend?
there's always excitment in dfw.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Reckless
Ya'll are getting Sean all riled up He may just show up at MIR and drag some *** now Ken's money is sounding pretty good
LOL...Oh I will be at MIR...but it's the car that kick's the AZZ..... and Todd....
About Ken's $$$$ I thought there was going to be some official annoucment on the board about the ESP N2O X/M 8 second club....????
Old 08-25-2005, 10:52 AM
8 second mod

im going to win the Money, and donate it to the new fund.
Send Kens 4 kids to collage fund.
lol
Old 08-25-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Junkie

At 3,200 lbs (LS1Tech Extreme Modifed weight for a 346) it would take about 870HP to run 8.90's. Now let's just assume we're going to spray 300 (You could probably spray more on a good engine, but let's be conservative). Now we're left with 570HP from 346 inches.

A 346 would only have to turn about 7,800 RPM (The end of the tuning tables in Edit) to make 570. And that's if the engine only makes 1.3 TQ/CID and lost 15% of TQ at peak HP. A good engine could probably make closer to 1.4 TQ/CID and only lose about 10% of TQ at peak HP.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:56 AM
8 second mod

well, if you take the flux capacitor divided by 1.21 jigga watts, plus 3 times -2.34 squared, you would know that alot of times these math tables and real life dont meen the same.
bring it to the event, and win a jacket!
Old 08-25-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
At 3,200 lbs (LS1Tech Extreme Modifed weight for a 346) it would take about 870HP to run 8.90's. Now let's just assume we're going to spray 300 (You could probably spray more on a good engine, but let's be conservative). Now we're left with 570HP from 346 inches.

A 346 would only have to turn about 7,800 RPM (The end of the tuning tables in Edit) to make 570. And that's if the engine only makes 1.3 TQ/CID and lost 15% of TQ at peak HP. A good engine could probably make closer to 1.4 TQ/CID and only lose about 10% of TQ at peak HP.
So you agree 8.9x's w/ a 346 "ON SPRAY"(At tech X/M weight's) is hard if not next to impossible to do....
Old 08-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

I know of a 3000 pound car that ran consistent 8.20s with a 900 crank hp setup.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

What official announcement? No one told me about it
Old 08-25-2005, 11:33 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by SPRSPT
So you agree 8.9x's w/ a 346 "ON SPRAY"(At tech X/M weight's) is hard if not next to impossible to do....
is easy the same thing as impossable?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way too many people here are dismissing knowledge and experience. NOBODY without knowledge and experience, is going to be building anything that runs single digit quarter miles, doesn't matter how much money they have.

With that money though, they can certainly pay somebody with the right knowledge and experience to build them a single digit car. That doesn't make it easy to accomplish though. Just means the person with the money wasn't the one accomplishing the task.

To build a fast car, you need time, money, and KNOWLEDGE. If all you have is the money, you can pay somebody else to invest the time and knowledge. You shouldn't trivialize that time and knowledge because you aren't the one investing it though.

Those of you that talk about being able to easily slap a setup together with enough money, you all are able to do that because you already have experience, not necessarily in doing just that, but enough that you could buy the individual pieces that have been rattled offer in several posts already and assemble them into a drivable car. You still wouldn't have been able to accomplish this without all the effort that's already gone into gaining the experience you currently have.

If it truly was easy, that would mean some rich chump with NO experience at all could buy everything, slap it all together himself, jump in the car, and rip off an 8 second quarter mile. Hell, you slap that chump into a certifiable 8 second car, and I guarantee he won't be ripping off no 8 second quarter mile. Driving experience is a whole other story that shouldn't be dismissed here either.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:38 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by jRaskell
Way too many people here are dismissing knowledge and experience. NOBODY without knowledge and experience, is going to be building anything that runs single digit quarter miles, doesn't matter how much money they have.

With that money though, they can certainly pay somebody with the right knowledge and experience to build them a single digit car. That doesn't make it easy to accomplish though. Just means the person with the money wasn't the one accomplishing the task.

To build a fast car, you need time, money, and KNOWLEDGE. If all you have is the money, you can pay somebody else to invest the time and knowledge. You shouldn't trivialize that time and knowledge because you aren't the one investing it though.

Those of you that talk about being able to easily slap a setup together with enough money, you all are able to do that because you already have experience, not necessarily in doing just that, but enough that you could buy the individual pieces that have been rattled offer in several posts already and assemble them into a drivable car. You still wouldn't have been able to accomplish this without all the effort that's already gone into gaining the experience you currently have.

If it truly was easy, that would mean some rich chump with NO experience at all could buy everything, slap it all together himself, jump in the car, and rip off an 8 second quarter mile. Hell, you slap that chump into a certifiable 8 second car, and I guarantee he won't be ripping off no 8 second quarter mile. Driving experience is a whole other story that shouldn't be dismissed here either.
well said!!!! it was put in a firm yet factual way.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:44 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No the rich chump would make a call to the guy with KNOWLEDGE and build the car...

Sean I never ever said or insiuated that the car I'm talking about would being built or could be built for the XM class...I SAID,it could be done and it wouldnt be hard to do with TIME,MONEY and PATIENCE...Kingcrapbox explained it very well,he used basic math to determine what it would take to do it and if u picked up the phone and called W2W I'm sure with the right amount of $$$$$$$ and time they could build the car.

What is with u guys,this isnt some mystical impossible Dream....
Brads babbling about the heads lifting,well last time I check Kurt Casper just went 6.80's@200+...Did that have any issues last week------->NO and believe me these guys at W2W could build a 8.90 346 N20 car with there eyes closed.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:51 AM
8 second mod

lifting the heads isnt a big issue in turbo cars. it is in spray cars, if you had this knolage you speek of, or real world experiance with spray and the ls1, you would know what i mean but you have no experiance with spray on an ls1 car, so it is easy. i liked the air car and air gituar thing. lol
Old 08-25-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know of a 3000 pound car that ran consistent 8.20s with a 900 crank hp setup.
And had a monster blow off on it...Talking about N2O stuff hear Todd.... LOL
Old 08-25-2005, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

What official announcement? No one told me about it
YA I though some kind of official announcment was going to be made before the race so everyone is clear about the $$$$$$....I could be wrong!
Old 08-25-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JS
Sean I never ever said or insiuated that the car I'm talking about would being built or could be built for the XM class...I SAID,it could be done and it wouldnt be hard to do with TIME,MONEY and PATIENCE...Kingcrapbox explained it very well,he used basic math to determine what it would take to do it and if u picked up the phone and called W2W I'm sure with the right amount of $$$$$$$ and time they could build the car..
It's cool JS...I do agree a paper chip 346 / 2800lbs or so w/ driver would have a much better chance of running in the eights...
Originally Posted by JS
What is with u guys,this isnt some mystical impossible Dream....
Brads babbling about the heads lifting,well last time I check Kurt Casper just went 6.80's@200+...Did that have any issues last week------->NO and believe me these guys at W2W could build a 8.90 346 N20 car with there eyes closed.
NO doubt JS... If I recall that was a boost car NOT a juice car correct...We all know the turbo guys have a leg up...
Old 08-25-2005, 12:44 PM
JS
10 Second Club

And u guys no nothing about how a BSIII fuels a car..It can be delayed and in 3 stages,with timing reduced as each stage is engaged.Its all in the fuel delivery/tuning of which Dale Cherry or Kurt Urban can do with there eyes closed.

Its a mute point and you guys are allowed to dissagree with me
What do I know I'm just a fat guy in a little coat
Old 08-25-2005, 12:46 PM
8 second mod

body the size of a hippo, brain the size of a pee.

i agree on one thing. I agree we disagree!!
Old 08-25-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JS
And u guys no nothing about how a BSIII fuels a car..It can be delayed and in 3 stages,with timing reduced as each stage is engaged.Its all in the fuel delivery/tuning of which Dale Cherry or Kurt Urban can do with there eyes closed.
BSIII is the **** I will agree but N2O will still push water (no matter how much timing you have removed) at 840-850+ H.P. (# may very of course due to actual motor power).
Originally Posted by JS
Its a mute point and you guys are allowed to dissagree with me
What do I know I'm just a fat guy in a little coat
LOL....
Old 08-25-2005, 12:57 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Brad at least I have set of ***** and EVERYTHING I have was paid for by me
Yes Daddy

If u guys dont think the cyl psi of a 1600HP turbo engine is equaled to a 1000HP N20 engine then the lessons are over.

Quick Reply: This guy has no clue!!!