Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This guy has no clue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JS
Look out BIGS given an opinion...That means everyone else isnt entitled to one....Funny,its sure easy to flap your gums when your part in building a fast car requires u to do nothing more than push a pen...

JS, I never for one second questioned your knowlegde about drag racing. I know you've been in this game for a while.

The only reason I suspected it to be you is because you always seem to be in the middle of controversy.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JS
Look out BIGS given an opinion...That means everyone else isnt entitled to one....Funny,its sure easy to flap your gums when your part in building a fast car requires u to do nothing more than push a pen...

And another thing JS, if I didn't work 80 hours a week, I would consider doing the work all by myself. My lifestyle doesn't allow that.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:34 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless I'm mistaken, Judson's car is the best candidate for a N2O car to run 7s on the juice.
Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
IMHO that car will run 8.80's on motor alone! Maybe I can convince Jud to put a fogger on it and we'll all find out.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Talking

This reminds me of the Old JS vs Terry arguments!!! LOL
Old 08-11-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I usually try to stay out of threads like this, but this is rediculous!!!!!!!!! How can you in your right mind say it is easy? I can jabber a list of parts and say it will go 8's and thats nice and easy. I can also say I can enter a strongman competition... I mean ****, after all, all they are doing is lifting things, all you gotta do is walk up to it and lift it!!!! it's easy!!!!!

Cmon, for real. Think of what you are saying. I know anyone with deep pockets can make a car. Hell if I had deep enough pockets I can pay to have a car built, tuned and driven...then it's all cash. But for the poor bastard putting it together and making it run the numbers Mr. Money bags wants to see...it's HARD WORK. If it is so easy lets see you do EVERY last bit of work on a car, make it run the times (all tuned by your self) driven your self, and actually keep the car together for a season or two. Once you do thAt if you want to say it is easy I will bow my head and say you are a better man than 98% of the racing community, but until then IT'S NOT EASY!!!!!!

Sorry if I may have blown off some steam here, but living in the dreams of having a single digit car and helping my family build race cars my whole life has made me realize all the work that truely goes into something like this. I don't want to come off as a dick with this post but thats how I see it.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:39 PM
SSU Moderator

'Easy' for me is different than 'easy' for you, or Mike, or anyone. Both of you drop it. Its a stupid argument. And this does remind me of JS vs. Terry. And I do think JS boasts about whatever he is into at the time. JPR is the best ever...wait...Cartek rules...wait... Just an observation.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Know your roles there Mr. my car goes 10.xx with someone else driving at atco in november when the track is 1/2 second faster then any other time of the year.

Your shitpile wouldn't have touched 11.50 the day I ran the 12.39... put that in your crackpipe and smoke it.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Race your car!

Let's see you pilot a stick car.. oh yeah... you CAN'T.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RyanJ
And I do think JS boasts about whatever he is into at the time. JPR is the best ever...wait...Cartek rules...wait... Just an observation.
That's an excellent observation........... because it's 100% true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Restricted User

Nozee, as much as I read of this thread, which has been skimmed since theres so much drama..... I will state, it's easier and less time consuming to get a nitrous car into the 9's than any other method. Money is what holds most ppl back, in the nitrous realm. Look at it this way, if you woke up this morning and had $100k at your disposal, I am bet you'd be deep in the nines with little time and effort! It is the challenge of the blue collar worker though that holds many of us back. For real.
Imagine you have the money, time is reduced as most of the "required time" to build is to build the budget! So, with the cash on hand, you contact a few places, farm out a little work.

Now, in general is it easy? Not really, but again with the money not being an issue, it becomes a helluva lot easier doesnt it?

FWIW, I have struggled to get into the 10's, I dont have a lot of build up mods, but always planning and trying to take advantage of every mod. Besides the fact my brand new fuel noid went **** up at qualifications and since decided to go dry using wet nozzles...I havent fucked with my car since then....too damn depressed about it all.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Restricted User

JS-mind elaborating on the Direct port dry nitrous setup you mentioned on page 2? I know it was thought of by a couple people here, but havent heard of anyone running one yet.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Come on guys...its obvious the difference of opinion here is really just the term "EASY".

Talking about Judsons car in this thread is a little rediculous. I dont think there was anything "easy" about that car.

Obviously an 8 second 346 could be done...but its beyond the means and price range of the avg poster here on this website by far. Taking that as an average...it doesnt seem as if it would be "easy".

Now put Some of the top nitrous guys and top engine/chassis guys in the same room and have this discussion...thats another ball of wax.

No use getting bent out of shape over semantics guys.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:17 PM
8 second mod

The sam car may not work well on the jug. a motor built to go that fast NA may not take the heat ect of the jug. im unsure of there car, but im saying in general a motor car is built for motor, a spray car is built for spray.

Big Mike, you do your car the easy way IMO, give it to Cartek tell them what you want. yes, that is very easy. However, is it easy to make the money it takes to do that? **** NO!!!!!!!!! you have to work Hard, and thats what you choose, and Cudos to you!
JS cracks me up. it was JPR, Cartek, East Side, now its Slowhawk and 3 dead hole racing. LOL
can 1,000 hp be made with a 346 on spray? Probably, are the heads going to sit down? probably not. lol
Either way, it isnt easy.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Race your car!

Brad... jsut take your car to atco in the middle of winter.. it will run 1/2 second faster then it does at NED or LVD.. and there you go... you'll clock off a very low 9 or maybe by then an 8 second pass... and while you are at it.. find a guy that weigh's about 100 lbs or more less then you ( oh yeah, you already weigh 100 lbs LOL ) and you'll se 8's for sure.. done deal
Old 08-11-2005, 01:35 PM
8 second mod

i dont even have to go to atco. remember, JS said it was easy.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:53 PM
8 Second Club

Getting a 346 car into the 8's wouldn't be "easy" per say with nitrous....but I don't feel it would be extremely hard either.

I have several hours into my setup. My schedule for the last 5 months has been get off work, go to shop, work on car until I'm tired (sometimes 9 pm, sometimes 2 am). Every weekend I spend working on this car both saturday and sunday (unless I'm at work). Starting to get a little burned out on it.........it's honestly becoming a JOB (which isn't why I started doing this project in the first place......I like to use my engineering background to make things better and faster). I've learned a LOT about fabrication...built my own minitubs, motor, n20 setup.....all from scratch. The only thing I didn't do on this combination was finish TIG weld the roll cage (had some help with that).

It really should fly though with the 346 N20 combo I have built for it now.......I'll be finding out soon as it's nearing completion. I feel with the right parts it could possibly go 8's with the 346.....just don't have the $ now to buy them since I already bought motor parts for a 402 solid roller combo. If somebody has a solid roller 346 with a lightweight crank and carb intake laying around let me borrow it and it will be damn close to or in the 8's!
Old 08-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Race your car!

Sorry Brad, my bad
Old 08-11-2005, 02:02 PM
8 second mod

Fast, it was all hard work. i didnt say it wasnt possable, just said it isnt and will not be Easy.

JL, you are forgiven. there see how easy that was.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I ran High 9's, very high, and low 10's with a 408, 4.11 gears in a 9", 200 TNT dual n2o, and let me tell you it wasn't "easy" even with a 408. A 347 would be even harder, I don't care what you say about the extra 100lbs of iron vs. the alumium, the extra cubes more than made up the difference. I had full bolt-ons, FAst 90/90, Hooker LT's, TSP ORY, Hooker Cat-Back, Spec 3 Clutch, a MAF out of an Escalade, K&N FIPK, a 248/252 cam .612/.615, 112lsa, AFR 225cc heads.

Considering it was on a real conservative tune, that wasn't too bad at all. With an agressive tune I would go out on a limb and say low 9's were very possible, but I have my doubts as for the 8's...I would say a 300 shot progressively controlled with a damn good driver would have been needed.

Here is a pic of my car taking off...just to give you a DAMNED GOOD IDEA OF WHAT IT TAKES!!!

Not all mods were listed but a majority were. not listed was all the suspension parts, tubular a-arms, k-member, phb, lca, sfc all thios **** too, just to give you a little more respect for the single digit people.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:06 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

I don't know that I agree with you here. My 16:1, BBC is built to run on the motor and yet responds very well to shots of 200 and below. That why i asked specifically about a 200 shot, thinking that basically all he would have to do is change timing, maybe plug gap and make a few minor changes.
Originally Posted by Noyzee
The sam car may not work well on the jug. a motor built to go that fast NA may not take the heat ect of the jug. im unsure of there car, but im saying in general a motor car is built for motor, a spray car is built for spray.

Quick Reply: This guy has no clue!!!