Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about tnt power ring..

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about tnt power ring..

ok i went to install the power ring assembly today and it wont fit for ****..i know i have to shave the lid but i didnt have time..how many inches do i have to take off and what do i use? i was thinking a file or a grinder? also when i put the ring over the TB its a little loose. what do i put on it so it wont be loose? silicone or sumin? and one more thing i noticed the diameter of the ring isnt quite as big as my TB..is this making me lose any power? thanks alot! and also i dont have alot of free time so i want to install my kit in different stages..if i just put the power ring on and the hoses that connect to it will that be ok or will there be open hoses that leak and stuff? thanks...
Old 09-04-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

The ring has to be pressed all the way on. Look at the inside of the ring...do you see the rubber o-ring inside? That has to be press ALL the way over the outside of the TB. You will have to use a rubber mallet to get the ring on because it is such a tight fit. You can't get it on by pressing it down only with your hands. I have a feeling that's what your problem is.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the help..i understand what your sayin but mine doesnt have an o ring inside? what should i do? i guess they forgot to put it in. unless it fell out somewhere..
Old 09-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Teching In

I had the same problem with my TNT power ring. I couldnt get it to fit at all. Everyone else that i have talked to had no problems with fitting it all together. I even called TNT up and they said I was the first to have a problem fitting the power ring on. I brought it over to my shop and what they did was take off the jets and hoses off the silver power ring and mounted them into the accordian piece between the TB and the MAF. They drilled 2 small holes on each side and screwed them in. It works great for me.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

did yours have thr rubber o-ring?
Old 09-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Teching In

yes there was a black rubber o-ring on the power ring and it was still impossible for it to fit.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Okie02
thanks for the help..i understand what your sayin but mine doesnt have an o ring inside? what should i do? i guess they forgot to put it in. unless it fell out somewhere..
Is it used? If it doesn't have an o-ring inside, it will probably never seal right. Call TNT and ask them. They should be able to switch it out for a new one or fix the problem. They're real good on customer support.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

ok i went to install the power ring assembly today and it wont fit for ****..i know i have to shave the lid but i didnt have time..how many inches do i have to take off and what do i use? i was thinking a file or a grinder? also when i put the ring over the TB its a little loose. what do i put on it so it wont be loose? silicone or sumin? and one more thing i noticed the diameter of the ring isnt quite as big as my TB..is this making me lose any power? thanks alot! and also i dont have alot of free time so i want to install my kit in different stages..if i just put the power ring on and the hoses that connect to it will that be ok or will there be open hoses that leak and stuff? thanks...
The power ring on my F1 kit fit without using a mallet. It also had a screw on it to tighten down to hold it on the throttle body. As far a shaving your airbox I'd use a Dremel. You also might want to consider trimming your bellows a little instead of cutting the airbox. I did that and it worked fine. I put my kit together in stages also. As long as you put something over the ends of the open hoses (or solenoids) you should be fine.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by _slick_
yes there was a black rubber o-ring on the power ring and it was still impossible for it to fit.
Like I said, you've got to put the TB on a good flat surface with some cushion underneath so you don't bang up the TB. Then just get a rubber mallet and slowly beat it on. IT'S A REAL TIGHT FIT! Just keep at it.

It took me a good 10 minutes of steady malleting it on all the way around the ring.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by setxws6
Is it used? If it doesn't have an o-ring inside, it will probably never seal right. Call TNT and ask them. They should be able to switch it out for a new one or fix the problem. They're real good on customer support.
no its new..i talked to david on the phone cause they had to custom make a ring for my TB..is there anyway it could have fallen out after i took it out and just didnt notice, or are they stuck in pretty tight? thanks!
Old 09-05-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by _slick_
I had the same problem with my TNT power ring. I couldnt get it to fit at all. Everyone else that i have talked to had no problems with fitting it all together. I even called TNT up and they said I was the first to have a problem fitting the power ring on. I brought it over to my shop and what they did was take off the jets and hoses off the silver power ring and mounted them into the accordian piece between the TB and the MAF. They drilled 2 small holes on each side and screwed them in. It works great for me.
so you just ditched the power ring all together?
Old 09-06-2005, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ttttt
Old 09-06-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

no its new..i talked to david on the phone cause they had to custom make a ring for my TB..is there anyway it could have fallen out after i took it out and just didnt notice, or are they stuck in pretty tight? thanks!

Refresh me, what tb do you have??
Old 09-06-2005, 03:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you canot get the power ring to fit correctly and are tired of trying you can use the NX two piece nuts and place the nozzle inside the air bellow.This works very nicely.
Dave
Old 09-06-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Refresh me, what tb do you have??
the one in my sig..a Nick williams 90mm TB..im not having fitment issues..its just i dont have the rubber o-ring..
Old 09-06-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
If you canot get the power ring to fit correctly and are tired of trying you can use the NX two piece nuts and place the nozzle inside the air bellow.This works very nicely.
Dave
Dave you guys bust David's ***** all the time about him jumping in on your and NX threads, stay out of his!!

It has nothing to do with the ring fitting it has to do with him missing the rubber Oring. You have sold stuff and had pieces missing before so give him a chance to fix it before you fire up the salesman pitch!!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

When I put mine on I pushed it on as good as I could and then got a veryt small peice of 2 x 4 and put it against it and hammered the **** out of it until it was tight all the way around. Pretty simple actually. I then had to trim the lid, ALOT, to make it fit. I actually had to trade my TSP Clear lid for a SLP one so I could trim it because I couldnt trim the clear one. Im still mad I lost that lid.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Send it back to David with the TB or by itself, and see if they can help you out. Maybe they can send you a new o-ring. I wouldn't just throw the nozzels in the air bellow like some. If you want a nice and clean look, do it right with the ring.

Also, I personally had no problem with fitment as far as the air lid. All I had to do was trim the air bellow between the ring and the MAF. I have a Whisper lid. It may be a little different with the FAST 90 and Nick williams TB.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could never get my ring to fit properly on my stock TB. It slid right on like mentioned above and had a set screw at the top. It wouldn't seal correctly for one and I could never no matter what I tried, get the lid to fit. I tried cutting it, buying a new lid, etc. Nothing.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Black02SS
I could never get my ring to fit properly on my stock TB. It slid right on like mentioned above and had a set screw at the top. It wouldn't seal correctly for one and I could never no matter what I tried, get the lid to fit. I tried cutting it, buying a new lid, etc. Nothing.

Well the lid is a pain to get to fit but the screw at the top IS NOT a set screw. Its a screw to mount the solenoids. You guys just sound like you have ingenuity and tried for a couple of minutes to put it on and said screw it. Mine actually went on and sealed in all of 30 seconds.