Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sneak peek at the LS1 plate.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XTrooper
You can be certain that Dave won't release anything without first thoroughly testing it.

I hope you're right.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02SilverWS6
I agree with Noyzee, has it been tested? hate to see it too close to the runners and not work porperly.
If you mean "has someone actually sprayed their car with this plate yet?" the answer is yes -- me I put 75hp jets in my GTO and took it for a few blasts so far. Feels just like it should, power comes in crisp with no drama. It hits and pulls smooth as can be. I'll hook up the laptop and make more datalogged pulls soon, including wideband data. I want to double check the jetting pattern and make sure its what we expect for a stock motor. Of course if you're spraying a modified car, you'll want to tune your combo as well So far just throwing in the supplied jets with the recommended 75hp pair, it feels right on. No popping, no roughness, no backfires when you let off the gas, it just adds power like it should. I need to get it on a dyno too
Old 10-01-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brains
If you mean "has someone actually sprayed their car with this plate yet?" the answer is yes -- me I put 75hp jets in my GTO and took it for a few blasts so far. Feels just like it should, power comes in crisp with no drama. It hits and pulls smooth as can be. I'll hook up the laptop and make more datalogged pulls soon, including wideband data. I want to double check the jetting pattern and make sure its what we expect for a stock motor. Of course if you're spraying a modified car, you'll want to tune your combo as well So far just throwing in the supplied jets with the recommended 75hp pair, it feels right on. No popping, no roughness, no backfires when you let off the gas, it just adds power like it should. I need to get it on a dyno too
This is good,as I will prob use this as my second stage in a triple stage set-up. If you get it on a dyno please post results, as I want to see if torque is linear or peaks and drops. Thanks
Robert
Old 10-03-2005, 12:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brains thanks for keeping us updated.By the way.If you want one of those 860 brackets let me know.I have you covered.
Dave
Old 10-03-2005, 06:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Going to be tuning a buddy's car on Weds. I'll see if I can sneak some dyno time for my car as well

Dave, you rock man!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds good.
Dave
Old 10-24-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ordered mine today!!! Can't wait to get it.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT99LS1
Ordered mine today!!! Can't wait to get it.
I'm looking forward to getting mine too!

As soon as I get it, I'm going to install it and go from my current 75 shot to 100 shot. Hopefully, I'll get to test it out some before the snow starts to fly here.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

So for the 300 shot, do I still need that SHO line?

Thanks,
somebody

edit: also, I have a BBK throttle body. And what about those who have FAST throttle bodies? I guess what I'm wanting to know is, is the plate's opening such that there won't be an interference with air/spray flow?

Last edited by Somebody09; 10-31-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya somone should post up some dyno sheets with this new plate.. Im sure Dave's numbers will be right on considering how important of a subject is for him..
Old 10-31-2005, 01:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Ya somone should post up some dyno sheets with this new plate.. Im sure Dave's numbers will be right on considering how important of a subject is for him..
Well ofcourse we will be posting Dyno numbers before these ship out.With ACCURATE jetting. Pluss we make sure there are no FITMENT issues for the customer to deal with. Everything we do is top notch and in the customers best interest.

Dave
Old 10-31-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

Thanks for the explaination and experience. Looking forward to read more info.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Somebody09
So for the 300 shot, do I still need that SHO line?

Thanks,
somebody

edit: also, I have a BBK throttle body. And what about those who have FAST throttle bodies? I guess what I'm wanting to know is, is the plate's opening such that there won't be an interference with air/spray flow?
Yes you will need a SHO hose. But keep in mind the plate will spray 300 no problem. Ijust hate spraying any more than 250 through a plate. I would go Directport.

Yes we are building different plates for different throttle bodies.
Dave
Old 10-31-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Yes you will need a SHO hose. But keep in mind the plate will spray 300 no problem. Ijust hate spraying any more than 250 through a plate. I would go Directport.

Yes we are building different plates for different throttle bodies.
Dave

badass! u da man dave, u da man

-somebody
Old 10-31-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well ofcourse we will be posting Dyno numbers before these ship out.With ACCURATE jetting. Pluss we make sure there are no FITMENT issues for the customer to deal with. Everything we do is top notch and in the customers best interest.

Dave
I cant wait to see this accurate jetting Dave..
Old 10-31-2005, 04:43 PM
FormerVendor

David, Since you are all about busting my chops today between several different threads. Please share any facts you may be trying to get to other than just being a smart a$$.
Thanks
Dave
Old 11-01-2005, 04:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

So yeah Ill try out the LT1 plate when you have it, I wont mind if you send one my way
But honestly let me know if you need a test car I'd be more than willing to put it on and compare against the tnt kit I have on there now. PLus Ihave unlimited free dyno and tuning at a local sponsor of this board so I can give you some info.
-Chris
Old 11-01-2005, 05:54 AM
11 Second Club

An outfit that spends more time trying to bash other's products (in this case, before it's even released) instead of promoting their own, must not have much to offer.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

David, Since you are all about busting my chops today between several different threads. Please share any facts you may be trying to get to other than just being a smart a$$.
Thanks
Dave
No ... DV - thanks!! Send cards.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by XTrooper
An outfit that spends more time trying to bash other's products (in this case, before it's even released) instead of promoting their own, must not have much to offer.

Actually im not bashing the product.. Im just giving Dave a hard time on his jetting, thats all..