Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

test results:nx noid vs dynotune noid

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default test results:nx noid vs dynotune noid

well in my neverending quest for more power i decided to try some thing with my nitrous today, my friend gave me his new large .093 orifice nx noid that he bought from nitro dave(thanks dave) and i put it up against my dynotune large noid also with a .093 orifice that i got from dean at dynotune for $69(thanks dean) , i wanted to see if the nx noid was better then my dynotune noid, both noids are the same size and weight and apear to be very good quality, now on to the results both noids were tested at 1000psi in a full bottle and fitted with a .062 jet in the nozzle and 2 runs were made with each noid, the dynotune noid gained me 140rwhp and the nx noid gained me 142 rwhp but each run was off about 2 to 3 hp so i would average them as about even gains for the jet size i was using, sorry i do not have a graph cause the printer was having problems, my next test is to try the small noids because i will be adding a 2 stage shortly, im going to try the small nx and dynotune noids to see if theres any difference between them as well, im happy with my noid from dynotune cause i know sometimes when you pay less you get less but not this time, the dynotune noid is high quality just like the nx noid but costs less and made the same power, im very happy with the results, thanks for reading
Old 01-18-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

You're welcome.

-somebody
Old 01-18-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Thats good news to me
Putting my system in Feb.
Thanks for the test!
Old 01-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Yep nice read.
Ricky
Old 01-19-2006, 06:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not sure what this test was proving? The more nitrous you feed into the motor, the more hp you will make. If you aren't making enough, jet up. If you max it out, get a bigger noid or add another stage. It was nice of you to take the time to do the flow comparison, but the only thing I got out of it is that with all things being equal, an NX noid would flow a bit more nitrous = a bit more power.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I guess you didn't read the part where he stated that the degree of error in the testing negated the difference in power produced. All things being equal, he said the noids were equal.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
I guess you didn't read the part where he stated that the degree of error in the testing negated the difference in power produced. All things being equal, he said the noids were equal.
I got that. But what is the point of the comparison?

What I'm getting at is, the quality of the noid is far more important that what it can flow. Flow can be compensated for in other ways, whereas poor quality (solenoid failure) will just kill your motor.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was also confused by the post. THere i sno way to know the flow comparisons of a solenoid from a this either. There is also no way to know a quality difference in the solenoid by a test this way..

However the test does result in a factor that both accomplished what he was looking to do just fine..
Dave
Old 01-19-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cbrtrx
im happy with my noid from dynotune cause i know sometimes when you pay less you get less but not this time, the dynotune noid is high quality just like the nx noid but costs less and made the same power, im very happy with the results
I think this clearly states his thoughts on the quality.

I happen to have a NX nitrous solenoid and a Dynotune fuel solenoid. They are going into my new system. They both appear to be good quality solenoids but only time will tell in how they perform. I guess we'll see.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

tough crowd...as allways.

i dont think the test was meant to challenger the quality of said noids cause only time will test such a thing. if the hp numbers are only off by only 2-3hp than i would think the flow between the 2 noids would be pretty even. no??!

good read.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

Yes I aggree that it was a good read. I guess I just did not read it close enough to understand the point.
Dave
Old 01-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

sorry if i wasnt clear enough, just stating that the dynotune noid was good quality and flowed well like the nx but was cheaper in price, next im working with the smaller noids and ill see if theres any differance once again between the 2 brands
Old 01-19-2006, 10:54 AM
TECH Veteran

I believe he previously was only getting like a 110 shot or so from a 150 jet. I believe he had the smaller noids on there. Everyone told him to try a larger noid, check the lines, check the bottle, etc. So it looks like the first thing he tried was a larger noid and it appears to be working fine with either the dynotune or the NX...as it should be.

CBRTRX....test back to back with a small noid and a large noid. That will tell the real story I think.

There wont be much difference in HP between two brand noids with the same orifice size...unless maybe one is the bottom outlet style and one the striaght through or something like that.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:01 AM
FormerVendor

true,
As for flow. Orfice size is the main factor. The bottom exit is going to be a better flowing desighn due to one less 90. However there is no way you could tell in normal use. THe next things to compare would be coils, and the materials the solenoids are made out of..

Dave
Old 01-19-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I got out of the read was, that NX quality/price is being challenged from all fronts. We all know NX has quality stuff, however, many other companys are offering equal products at a more reasonable price. Meaning, like the vette, NX commands a price, just for being NX. Some of us will still go for the vette/nx over something else that may provide the same quality or performance. Some, will look for the bargain, which I do in certain things as long as quality is there. This is a great time to be involved with nitrous, that's for sure, as the end user has more options than ever before. I have been satisfied with both my NX and Dyno Tune products.
Robert
Old 01-19-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Keep in mind NX does not offer a kit with the smaller noids that I know of. All kits come with the big boys
And soon they will all come with the Lightning noid.

I have used Dynotune products as well...plenty in the past. The only problem I had was I smoked one noid trying to run my nitrogen push at 2500 psi.....lol. That was my fault.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is it true that the dynotune noids fail with nitrous pressure above 1000psi?
Old 01-19-2006, 05:55 PM
FormerVendor

I thought the new vette MAF kit came with the smaller orifice 'noids?

Matt

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
Keep in mind NX does not offer a kit with the smaller noids that I know of. All kits come with the big boys
And soon they will all come with the Lightning noid.

I have used Dynotune products as well...plenty in the past. The only problem I had was I smoked one noid trying to run my nitrogen push at 2500 psi.....lol. That was my fault.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
I thought the new vette MAF kit came with the smaller orifice 'noids?

Matt
Yep, they do. It's the basic same small noid that Cold Fusion uses.
Robert
Old 01-19-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ITSTOCK
Is it true that the dynotune noids fail with nitrous pressure above 1000psi?
Not a chance, mine never has, just rumors, which are ridiculous, imo.
Robert

Quick Reply: test results:nx noid vs dynotune noid