Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom bottle bracket fabirication begins. LARGE pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom bottle bracket fabirication begins. LARGE pictures

So I got really tired of my hetto setup I previously had. And I have some pretty good experience with fiberglass and molding, so I decided to make my own custom bottle bracket. And this is how far I got today I plan on stretching some fiberglass over the whole thing so it will sit flush and smooth. I also ordered some sunset orange metallic paint to give it a nice finish. Ill keep the pics coming as my work progresses guys.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sweet! how you going ot keep the bottle down when you stop?
Old 06-17-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ahhh the advantage of rear buckets. A place to keep your Bottle!
Old 06-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by reject
sweet! how you going ot keep the bottle down when you stop?
Reject has a very valid point. If you cant tie the bottle down to the FG tube, I'd be afraid of it launching out during an accident. I know theres other things to worry about during an accident, but no need in having a 25lb bottle becoming a projectile from the car going 60+mph to 0 in a matter of a few feet! Nice work and ingenuity though. GL and will be watching this progress.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the bottom the tube is closed off you could JB weld some short studs to the bottom of the bottle. Then pass them through the tube bottom . Then plate or washer the ouside with wing nuts and be done.
Hawk
Old 06-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Restricted User

Gotta love JB man, that stuff works for anything...almost
Old 06-17-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 227Hawk
If the bottom the tube is closed off you could JB weld some short studs to the bottom of the bottle. Then pass them through the tube bottom . Then plate or washer the ouside with wing nuts and be done.
Hawk

Yes I plan on doing something quite like that but a little more neat than that. Im taking my time with it making sure I have every little part planned percisely. Dont want any mess ups. Also Another problem ive thought about is a bottle heater/warmer obviously theres no way to make that work. Except do what I do now and carry a small propane torch and heat that bitch up to around 1100 PSI..LOL
Old 06-17-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

omg no! your going to ruin your bottle like that. makes the metal weeker in parts
Old 06-17-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Regular

even just real lightly? Thought I seen a post on here where some guys said it was ok....hmm well Ive only done it once so I guess im okay. No more of that then gotta be on the safe side.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

your not supossed to heat the bottle with a heating element such as a torch. A torch has such a low surface area of heating that its too concentrated and not heating the circumfrace of the bottle such as a bottle heater. Also a bottle heater doesnt get as hot as a torch. The torch will make the metal expand in the one area you are heating and that lead to cracking and I dont wanna be around when a metal bottle with 900-1000psi of gas within it springs aleak.

P.S the mounting is pretty cool though, maybe you can mount it with the brackets and make something that encloses the whole bottle like a seprate compartment for the bottle, that way u can have the heater on it