Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How hard can we really push the LSX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

pistons sound farmiliar to what's in my motor.. but diamond did the ones I have..
Old 01-10-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
pistons sound farmiliar to what's in my motor.. but diamond did the ones I have..

After seeing the Diamond pistons that came in my short block and were only ran on motor, I am glad that I didnt go back to them for this nitrous motor. I know what W2W's feelings about Diamond pistons are, but they can comment for themselves.

Plus, I will also be getting an extra 2 pistons as spares. Its not if you burn a piston, its when...
Old 01-10-2007, 03:08 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by SMKN TA 95

Plus, I will also be getting an extra 2 pistons as spares. Its not if you burn a piston, its when...
never a true'r statement!!!! you must be a real racer.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Race your car!

I dunno what your pistons looked like, or why w2w doesn't like them, but eastside has had enough good luck with them so I don't feel bad about having them in my motor.

FWIW, I have 2 extra sitting in my garage as well
Old 01-10-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

What copper gaskets is everyone running, i have an iorn block with o-rings and 9/16 studs.

As soon as it gets together i was only planning a 300 shoot but looks like i might have to go 400-450 jsut so i don't feel left out.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by Juiced
What copper gaskets is everyone running, i have an iorn block with o-rings and 9/16 studs.

As soon as it gets together i was only planning a 300 shoot but looks like i might have to go 400-450 jsut so i don't feel left out.
I have flatout gaskets.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tuff
I have flatout gaskets.
is this a brand?
Old 01-10-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Junkie

I've been reluctant to post a response, but here it goes -

I hope folks don't get the wrong impression from this thread. People have been testing the limits of LSx motors on nitrous for many years. The reason folks haven't gone faster is the head studs are the limiting factor. Nitrous is extremely hard on a motor and the clamping force just isn't there.

I'm glad to see the new Warhawk and LSX blocks with the revised 6 stud pattern and that will open up a whole new opportunity. I hope racers continue to push the envelope and see what the results are.

I've been testing the limits for some time now and it has cost me a lot of money in the process. This isn't chest pounding, it's more to the contrary as I've destroyed my junk before and haven't sent up the BS excuses. Mainly I'm just stating that I have a little bit of experience in this arena and have gained a lot of knowledge from some very experienced shops.

The guys that have gone really fast haven't found a way to keep their motors alive. The reality is that anything with 400+ hasn't lived yet for any real length of time. Unfortunately the internet has made many folks think that everybody should be running that much gas it should work just fine. Not so easy. Don't let me discourage anyone as I'd like to see everybody go fast on nitrous. I just don't think people ought to go out and kill their investment just 'cause the internet says it should work.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:18 AM
10 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=528214&page=1
here is the tread to prove it
Old 01-11-2007, 08:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by next

I hope folks don't get the wrong impression from this thread. People have been testing the limits of LSx motors on nitrous for many years. The reason folks haven't gone faster is the head studs are the limiting factor. Nitrous is extremely hard on a motor and the clamping force just isn't there.

I'm glad to see the new Warhawk and LSX blocks with the revised 6 stud pattern and that will open up a whole new opportunity. I hope racers continue to push the envelope and see what the results are.

I've been testing the limits for some time now and it has cost me a lot of money in the process. This isn't chest pounding, it's more to the contrary as I've destroyed my junk before and haven't sent up the BS excuses. Mainly I'm just stating that I have a little bit of experience in this arena and have gained a lot of knowledge from some very experienced shops.

The guys that have gone really fast haven't found a way to keep their motors alive. The reality is that anything with 400+ hasn't lived yet for any real length of time. Unfortunately the internet has made many folks think that everybody should be running that much gas it should work just fine. Not so easy. Don't let me discourage anyone as I'd like to see everybody go fast on nitrous. I just don't think people ought to go out and kill their investment just 'cause the internet says it should work.
Very good advice.

You should always creep up on the shot and the tune up.

I plan on putting another 100 on mine

Good luck to everyone this year!
Old 01-11-2007, 07:33 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Next i think your 100% right but it don't think alot of people have tested the limits with big head studs or L19 and copper gaskets with o ringed setups.I think this will help alot.Any gasket with even a 1/2 stud will not hold a head down on these motors with a large shot.I beleve the o ring and copper will do the trick.Im a hard core guy and im sure ill find the limit if this don't work.Warhawk here i come
Old 01-12-2007, 09:33 AM
8 second mod

when i went to l-19's, i didnt push any more water
Old 01-12-2007, 10:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very well put....
Show me someone with 10 or more passes with out a refresh or rebuild on a LSX based motor with that much dope. They are slim to none. The internet makes it sound easy but its not..

Dave
Old 01-12-2007, 02:03 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Very well put....
Show me someone with 10 or more passes with out a refresh or rebuild on a LSX based motor with that much dope. They are slim to none. The internet makes it sound easy but its not..

Dave
my 346 was a strong motor, it had atleast 50 passes id say more like 100. it ran great and untouched for a full season. but that may have been lick lol

and it was only 250-300 worth of spray
Old 01-12-2007, 04:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Noyzee,
250 to 300 seems be pretty common on the built motors. It when you start getting up on the 400 and more that I have yet to see many guys makeing many passes with no problems.
If you think about it though 300 extra hp is still a good bit.
Dave
Old 01-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Race your car!

with a BIG race built motor there's been stuff at 775 rwhp n/a, build that same type of setup with nitrous parts it will probably make about 725 rwhp, spray it with 300 and you're looking at over 1000 hp, I'd think that's plenty!
Old 01-12-2007, 05:52 PM
12 Second Club

Anybody useing these head gaskets.....http://www.scegaskets.com/products/ics.html
Old 01-12-2007, 10:05 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Noyzee,
250 to 300 seems be pretty common on the built motors. It when you start getting up on the 400 and more that I have yet to see many guys makeing many passes with no problems.
If you think about it though 300 extra hp is still a good bit.
Dave
When we talk problems are we talking shortblock failure or head gasket issues.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tuff
When we talk problems are we talking shortblock failure or head gasket issues.
Both, it's hard to get any real nitrous friendly ringlands on a ls1 strocler because of the dam bobweights and reluctor wheel.

I'll be testing the waterd of a large shot in the upcoming months, just wish me luck!