Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What wide band works best with the hp tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 09:03 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up What wide band works best with the hp tuner?

ist one set up that i can watch it on my lap top during a run threw HP tuners?

im new to this tuning thing so dont hit me to hard with me being stupid
is it the one they sell threw hp tuners or another one?

i want somthing small. those inovatives are way to big.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

http://www.fjoracing.com/products/WBAFR/ give FJO a shout. We stock these.

Ricky
Old 05-04-2007, 09:22 AM
8 second mod

how does that install?
i dont run o2's and that looks like it taps into o2's?

let me know
Old 05-04-2007, 09:23 AM

You will need some 02's Bosch or NTK... those are seporate...

Ricky
Old 05-04-2007, 09:28 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
You will need some 02's Bosch or NTK... those are seporate...

Ricky
ok, so i can just put o2's in?
i have no wiring for o2's nothing. they are gone gone.
i can just put o2's in conect to them then to the controler?

again, im new to this wide band and tuning stuff. im a plug reader. old school. which will still be my main method, but the wide band wont hurt
Old 05-04-2007, 09:36 AM

Ok the kit comes with the abilityl to plug in one o2. You will need to choose which style. Bosch or NTK. NTK costs more but work with race gas, Bosch will fail over time with race gas.
If you want to watch both banks you will need 2 boxes and 2 sensor. Now these boxes are really small and compact.
Over time you can add more boxes to where if you want to you could watch all 8 cylinders.
The kits come with the o2 harness's.

Ricky
Old 05-04-2007, 09:38 AM
8 second mod

Ok the kit comes with the abilityl to plug in one o2. You will need to choose which style. Bosch or NTK. NTK costs more but work with race gas, Bosch will fail over time with race gas.
If you want to watch both banks you will need 2 boxes and 2 sensor. Now these boxes are really small and compact.
Over time you can add more boxes to where if you want to you could watch all 8 cylinders.

Ricky
hhmm, sounds pretty good.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

lm1 here and i love it.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Ricky
i just might have to give one of thoes a try.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lm1 or the lc1 can be logged right onto HPT, no need to have the box out in the open. The lm1 is a tuning tool, unlike the others that a dedicated to one car. Use the hand held lm1 and a tail pipe sniffer and use it on any car/truck/bike/sled you name it. You can set up your HPT to log LM1 right into your logging file, or you can just use the Log Works program on your laptop from innovate. This way when tuning other cars/trucks/bikes/sleds you can use lm1 so???are and by pass HPT, and you can also log up to 7 other parametrs on the lm1, like bottle pressure, fuel pressure, rpms and a EGT or what ever. That's why innovate has a dedicated forum, so much it can do and people are adding things all the time. Not just a a/f indicator but rather a full tuning type tool. FJO is cool also, but imo, the lm1 far surpasses the FJO units in capabilities, and it is much more difficult to set up (fjo) into the HP Tuner, and this is a big draw back, imo, they are aware and there is a work around, but...
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 05-05-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i use plx devices
Old 05-05-2007, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ricky
Well actually... If you get FJO's dual channel controller, then you only need one box, which is what I did. I originally had their single channel, and will probably sell it. But yes, it works just great with HPTuners! With FJO's controller listed, you no longer have to conform to the 0-5V signal and customize it's analog output.

Just use the FJO supplied weather-pack connector, terminals, and wire... strip, crimp, and run it to the HPTuners box. I chose input 1, and it immediately worked. No thinking involved, no tables to build, nothing... except I couldn't find AFR commanded for a long time. That was annoying.

I have my FJO box tucked up behind the radio... there's nothing you do with it really, except use the serial cable to configure/monitor/log.

Last edited by gi8e7oi825; 05-05-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ping King
i use plx devices

I just ordered the PLX
I've been told it will tap right into the hpt
Old 05-05-2007, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Robert56
Lm1 or the lc1 can be logged right onto HPT, no need to have the box out in the open. The lm1 is a tuning tool, unlike the others that a dedicated to one car. Use the hand held lm1 and a tail pipe sniffer and use it on any car/truck/bike/sled you name it. You can set up your HPT to log LM1 right into your logging file, or you can just use the Log Works program on your laptop from innovate. This way when tuning other cars/trucks/bikes/sleds you can use lm1 so???are and by pass HPT, and you can also log up to 7 other parametrs on the lm1, like bottle pressure, fuel pressure, rpms and a EGT or what ever. That's why innovate has a dedicated forum, so much it can do and people are adding things all the time. Not just a a/f indicator but rather a full tuning type tool. FJO is cool also, but imo, the lm1 far surpasses the FJO units in capabilities, and it is much more difficult to set up (fjo) into the HP Tuner, and this is a big draw back, imo, they are aware and there is a work around, but...
Robert
Robert are you on Crack or what. You do not have a clue what the box can do. The analog out put is there so you can plug it into any tuning so???are.
You can also move the box from car to car if you like. Hmmm just like the tuning so???ares.
One thing the FJO you can install it under the car if you want and it will work just fine. Heat, water, chemicals no problem the box is solid. The analizing so???are is the cats ***.
You can even log 8 cylinders if you can afford it, or just want to...
Old 05-05-2007, 03:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I talk to and help alot of individuals tune cars. Alot of people buy the innovate due to price and marketing.

I can tell you that out of all the people I talk to there is to many people that have told me there air fuel is off atleast 1 sometimes 2 points. That can not be good.

I will be doing alot of research on widebands over the next few months due to the fact that we are about to start stocking them on the shelfs.

As of right now the only thing I can tell you is what customers have told me while seaking tunning help.

On a car that is making real HP the only real way to tune is watching the spark plug. However a wideband is a great tool for help. just dont rely on it 100 percent. If you are going to spend the money on one go for the best....
Thats my opinion.
Dave
Old 05-05-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Robert are you on Crack or what. You do not have a clue what the box can do. The analog out put is there so you can plug it into any tuning so???are.
You can also move the box from car to car if you like. Hmmm just like the tuning so???ares.
One thing the FJO you can install it under the car if you want and it will work just fine. Heat, water, chemicals no problem the box is solid. The analizing so???are is the cats ***.
You can even log 8 cylinders if you can afford it, or just want to...
You sure YOU don't have a crack hang over? Man a guy can't voice his opinion anymore? What did I say bad about the FJO, right nothing, but rather said it was cool also. Furthermore, I didn't state anything it could or couldn't do! In the past, and I see they fixed this after some of us complained, the FJO was very hard to set-up with any product other than the FJO stuff-very propietary. Rememeber the post from Phil99vette, where some of us decided to go with the Innovative products because of the compatability issues. Wow, take a chill pill. Check the polls, regardless of the implications of some the LM1 is by far the most widely used and mine is accurate, so... I am glad there are so many products offered these days as that's a good thing for the end users.
Robert
Old 05-06-2007, 09:45 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the dyno jet wideband commander. It has a load of features logging etc and alike. IMHO all of the features are a waste. I like the gauge it comes with and the interface with HPT was seamless, really a piece of cake. but IMHO its to expensive. I have had it two years and there were not the options that are available today. What about the LC-1 low features low price. If i was buying again I would look at something that only read in HPT
Old 05-06-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robert56
In the past, and I see they fixed this after some of us complained, the FJO was very hard to set-up with any product other than the FJO stuff-very propietary.
Hey, quick question... how long ago is "in the past"? I'm wondering if whomever you're talking about just didn't know what he/she was doing with the FJO piece.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gi8e7oi825
Hey, quick question... how long ago is "in the past"? I'm wondering if whomever you're talking about just didn't know what he/she was doing with the FJO piece.
Here's a thread on this issue from 5-2-06, so it was corrected sometime after this. A good move on FJO's part. The original HP tuners did not even list the FJO stuff as shown above, so it wasn't allways as easy as it is now. At least FJO listens to the end users. But I still stick to my contention that the LM1 is much more universal for those who wish to have a more tuner/like tool rather than a single car set-up, I can explain further if anyone wants the info.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/500030-rant-max2-rant.html
Robert
Old 05-07-2007, 05:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I asked because I've had my FJO wideband and HPTuners since mid 2005, and they've always worked together............. well, they did after HPTuners released the MPVI Pro.