Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with Dynotune Bottle Warmer

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with Dynotune Bottle Warmer

I have a Dynotune bottle warmer kit with the bottle pressure cutoff switch. My bottle warmer is currently not working correctly and I can't figure out why. I have 12 volts coming from the battery to Pin 30 on the relay and 12 volts from the switched power to Pin 86, but only have 5 volts to Pin 87 that goes to the red wire on the heater, which will not get hot. When I hook the warmer directly to the switched 12 volt source, it works fine. Is the relay bad? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help!
99 FRC
Old 11-19-2007, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anybody?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

Its hard to troubleshoot wiring via the Internet, but I would start with the relay as you suggested. They are $10, I am sure if its the relay, Dean and Dan will replace it. Other things to check are the connections, you should solder and shrink wrap all you can.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks! I'll try the relay first. Damn gremlins!!!

99 FRC
Old 11-19-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

have you calibrated the set screw on the pressure regulator? when i got mine from dynotune it was the same way. not calling you stupid but you didnt mention having it calibrated in your original post. if not i'd try the relay and if its not that then i'd suspect the regulator good luck!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattl31
have you calibrated the set screw on the pressure regulator? when i got mine from dynotune it was the same way. not calling you stupid but you didnt mention having it calibrated in your original post. if not i'd try the relay and if its not that then i'd suspect the regulator good luck!
I thought about that, but it was working fine before. This is a new problem. I'll probably try to adjust it just in case. Thanks!

99 FRC
Old 11-19-2007, 09:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bypass the pressure switch by looping a piece of wire into the push on wire ends. If the heater heats up then the switch needs adjusted. If all the wiring is correct and its still not working check the relay.
Dave
Old 11-20-2007, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Bypass the pressure switch by looping a piece of wire into the push on wire ends. If the heater heats up then the switch needs adjusted. If all the wiring is correct and its still not working check the relay.
Dave
It was the relay, but now my damn Zex NMU isn't working. Purge works and the Zex unit is recognizing my WOT signal, but it's not spraying. I bypassed the FPSS and still nothing. I knew I should have pulled the trigger on those NX solenoids and trick switch when you had the 10% off. GRRRRRRR! When does the Christmas special start?

99 FRC

Quick Reply: Need help with Dynotune Bottle Warmer