Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The New HSW Interface Air to Fuel & Timing Controller

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Placed my order! I was waiting for this and thought it would never come! Thanks guys!

By the way, did you guys correct my order? I accidentally placed the order for the LT1 type and I need the LS2 type.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Switchs, no computer needed. All settings can be changed. To check A/F you would use a wideband O2.

Matt
Would you mind showing a picture of switches?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for answering my questions. One last one, if I wanted to purchase this to simply pull timing from the motor while on the juice, do I still need to interface it with everything else for it to operate? What else is there to wire besides the plug-n-play connectors?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys that don't really tune cars have no idea how nice it is to PHYSICALLY see the timing being pulled out when you want. Not relying on it "might" be. I am a have to see it to believe it type of guy.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Thats nice little unit...how much timing can it pull? It seems if it uses the IAT it will pull whatever is in the stock tune for the temp tables and no more? 4 degrees max? Or am I missing something?

The AF function should come in handy in many cases.

But I would really like it for direct port dry.

Will it support dual stage control?
Old 11-29-2007, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

You'll still have to hook up the Interface MAF harness, as that is where the power & ground for the unit come from. You will then need to hook up the trigger and output wire to use the timing retard function, along with a wire for the IAT sensor. So you'll have to hook up 3 wires and one quick pre made wiring harness.

Matt

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
thanks for answering my questions. One last one, if I wanted to purchase this to simply pull timing from the motor while on the juice, do I still need to interface it with everything else for it to operate? What else is there to wire besides the plug-n-play connectors?
Old 11-29-2007, 04:49 PM
FormerVendor

You can say that again! Nothing like keeping your fingers crossed and hoping for the best when pulling timing lol. It's nice to see what is exactly going on.

Matt

Originally Posted by Black02SS
You guys that don't really tune cars have no idea how nice it is to PHYSICALLY see the timing being pulled out when you want. Not relying on it "might" be. I am a have to see it to believe it type of guy.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:55 PM
FormerVendor

It can pull as much timing as you want. If you are running a dry direct port you'll need to scale the fuel injector table for the larger fuel injectors, at the same time the timing table can be set to what you need it to be (the instructions go into detail). For most users the factory map will be more then adequate, shoot the LS2 guys can pull up to 11 or 12 degrees of timing.

Matt

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
Thats nice little unit...how much timing can it pull? It seems if it uses the IAT it will pull whatever is in the stock tune for the temp tables and no more? 4 degrees max? Or am I missing something?

The AF function should come in handy in many cases.

But I would really like it for direct port dry.

Will it support dual stage control?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

Matt.... I am running a NOS 5177 dry kit, it was tuned by a pro... the upper PE tables add fuel and removing timing for the "set shot size". Now if I wanted to increase the shot by 50 or 100 for the hell of it, without bringing it to my tuner, would this product keep me in the safe zone.... timing, fuel? Or would your product work better with a stock tuned car vs a car already tuned for dry nitrous?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Veteran

It can pull as much timing as you want. If you are running a dry direct port you'll need to scale the fuel injector table for the larger fuel injectors, at the same time the timing table can be set to what you need it to be (the instructions go into detail). For most users the factory map will be more then adequate, shoot the LS2 guys can pull up to 11 or 12 degrees of timing.

Matt
So if you want more than 4 degrees or whatever is in the factory MAP, will you need tuning from something like HP tuners?

Also...my 99 didnt have any way to adjust IAT tables via the tune. We tried the IAT tricker using a resistor way back in the day but we were unable to make it work. So we could only get what the stock tune gave us...which was around 2-4 degrees depending on where you where in the tables based on ambient conditions.That problem appeared to only apply to 99 and 00 I think. Is this using some different method that will be supported with all years if we want more to pull more than what the stock program will allow?

Also...on the dry direct port...your saying we need to reprogram for larger injectors...but I am assuming that only applies if you expect to exceed the total capability of whats in the stock car? So if you had bolt ons...but wanted to really push your stock setup...you could do so with a dry direct port. Or even dry after the MAF with a dry nozzle....up to the MAX of the stock stuff. Maybe 475-525 depending on the year.

Is there any way to post the instructions here? That would help a bunch.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

looks like a sweet product, and you can't beat a price like that.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

Also...my 99 didnt have any way to adjust IAT tables via the tune. .
just looked through hptuners for my 99', there is a "iat spark correction add" table. i would assume plugging in negative #'s in the correct cells would get you what you want (more adjustability)
Old 11-29-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
just looked through hptuners for my 99', there is a "iat spark correction add" table. i would assume plugging in negative #'s in the correct cells would get you what you want (more adjustability)
Thats good. We were using LS1Edit back in the day when we attempted this with a relay and resistor ..so it may have been a software issue back then that was the source of the problem. That was atleast 5 years ago...lol.... So it looks like all the newer tuning software should be compatable with all years to adjust timing thru IAT.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:31 PM
FormerVendor

Yes, you can still use the interface. The way it was tuned is not optional, as you must be running rich NA if the PE table was used for additional fueling. In most cases you would set the interface to the appropriate jet size for what the system is jetted to, but in your case, depending on how much fuel was added to the PE table, you may set it for less. A nice feature on the Interface is you can adjust A/F in 5 HP increments, so you can really fine tune it.

Thanks,
Matt

Originally Posted by red fury
Matt.... I am running a NOS 5177 dry kit, it was tuned by a pro... the upper PE tables add fuel and removing timing for the "set shot size". Now if I wanted to increase the shot by 50 or 100 for the hell of it, without bringing it to my tuner, would this product keep me in the safe zone.... timing, fuel? Or would your product work better with a stock tuned car vs a car already tuned for dry nitrous?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 08:35 PM
8 Second Club

Can it control a dual stage dry system?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:47 PM
FormerVendor

Yes, correct. Considering that the factory fuel injectors can safely support a 100 - 125 HP shot on a bolt on car the values in the table are more then adequate, and more timing can be retarded at the same time the IFR table is modified for the injectors.

Sounds like you guys were doing something wrong then, no problem pulling timing on a 99 or any other year vehicle.

Exactly, that is correct, The Interface can't correct for an inadequate fuel system. If you try to spray a larger shot then what your current fuel injectors can support the same thing will happen as if you were using a traditional LS1 dry system (nozzle before the MAF sensor).

Most dry direct ports will be spraying a larger shot, but that is one of the pluses, you can still jet it for a smaller shot and not be out a lot of $$$ for the set up.

Matt

So if you want more than 4 degrees or whatever is in the factory MAP, will you need tuning from something like HP tuners?

Also...my 99 didnt have any way to adjust IAT tables via the tune. We tried the IAT tricker using a resistor way back in the day but we were unable to make it work. So we could only get what the stock tune gave us...which was around 2-4 degrees depending on where you where in the tables based on ambient conditions.That problem appeared to only apply to 99 and 00 I think. Is this using some different method that will be supported with all years if we want more to pull more than what the stock program will allow?

Also...on the dry direct port...your saying we need to reprogram for larger injectors...but I am assuming that only applies if you expect to exceed the total capability of whats in the stock car? So if you had bolt ons...but wanted to really push your stock setup...you could do so with a dry direct port. Or even dry after the MAF with a dry nozzle....up to the MAX of the stock stuff. Maybe 475-525 depending on the year.

Is there any way to post the instructions here? That would help a bunch.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:05 PM
11 Second Club

The way it was tuned is not optional, as you must be running rich NA if the PE table was used for additional fueling.

Thanks,
Matt

The upper tables, laymen terms since I am not a tuner, but it runs 13.0 to 1 on motor and 11.0 to 1 on the spray so my wideband commander says. Does that make sense?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:57 PM
FormerVendor

It sounds like the PE table wasn't modified much if you are at 13.0 NA (It's a linear single roll table). Hook her up and set it for what it's jetted for and see what your wideband says.

You should be fine.

Matt

Originally Posted by red fury
The upper tables, laymen terms since I am not a tuner, but it runs 13.0 to 1 on motor and 11.0 to 1 on the spray so my wideband commander says. Does that make sense?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:36 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

I'm glad to see this finally is available to the public. I'll be picking on up eventually.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I'm really interested in this for just the timing retard portion. Matt, I'm currently using a Timing Tuner. Does your product adjust the amount of timing pulled constantly or do you set a specified value, like you do with the Timing Tuner? Or to word it another way, does it retard timing real-time and adjust accordingly?

Quick Reply: The New HSW Interface Air to Fuel & Timing Controller