Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The New HSW Interface Air to Fuel & Timing Controller

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so will this shut the system down if the A/F were too high/low?
Old 12-04-2007, 09:34 AM
FormerVendor

No, The Interface won't know if the engine is knocking or anything. If you set it to pull 3 degrees out it'll pull 3 degrees when the N2O is activated. The timing will still follow the same curve as what you have programmed in the timing table, just minus the amount retarded.

Matt

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
Sorry, Matt. I know I didn't explain myself very well. I may be thinking too far out there.

What I really wanted to know is that do you set the retard to say -4 degrees and it pulls that much timing all the time or does it actually vary the amount of timing pulled as necessary? I suspect that it doesn't as it'd need to interface with knock sensors and such to determine if more timing needed to be pulled.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

We are finishing up a customers FAST intake now with the kit that we will be offering. It might be a few more days as it's a crazy week with PRI and everything else.

Matt

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
What can we look forward to cost wise for a dry direct port setup?
Old 12-04-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

alright, just wanted to know. still ordering one!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:43 AM
TECH Resident

Man I take a break from the LS1 world for about a year and when I come back theres all these goodies. The thing that interests me on this is how you claim it would help a dry kit user w/ bad nozzle placement. My nozzle placement is probably not the best but I'm wondering how exactly this thing helps me in that respect. When you dial in the size of the shot you're running what does your toy do? Does it adj the amount of fuel thats thrown into the mix? What if I'm running too rich due to nozzle placement, does it adj for that? My biggest worry is obviously running lean but I've never seen anyone w/ nozzle placement so I dont know what to expect. I guess what I'm asking is will this product help even things out in both rich and lean scenarios due to nozzle location (pre maf).
Old 12-09-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

Any word when you guys will have instructions and wiring diagrams up to look at???
Old 12-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dementia
Man I take a break from the LS1 world for about a year and when I come back theres all these goodies. The thing that interests me on this is how you claim it would help a dry kit user w/ bad nozzle placement. My nozzle placement is probably not the best but I'm wondering how exactly this thing helps me in that respect. When you dial in the size of the shot you're running what does your toy do? Does it adj the amount of fuel thats thrown into the mix? What if I'm running too rich due to nozzle placement, does it adj for that? My biggest worry is obviously running lean but I've never seen anyone w/ nozzle placement so I dont know what to expect. I guess what I'm asking is will this product help even things out in both rich and lean scenarios due to nozzle location (pre maf).
If your running rich because of nozzle placement then you need to turn your nozzle a little away from the maf. If your running lean then you can ad fuel by adjusting the interface. I think it's set up by HP. For example if your adding a 100 dry and running 12.8 A/f fuel. I think you could set the interface to a 25-50shot and richen it up. I could be wrong but thats what it seems like to me.

I'm thinking about running dual nitrous noids (for safety reasons) and spray after the MAF with the interface.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dementia
I THINK what they mean is, with this product you can just forget about the whole pre-maf nozzle positioning problem and just put it after the maf in any location/angle you want. Instead of having the maf adjust timing and fuel, the interface will do that function for you.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:43 AM
FormerVendor

That is exactly right. It's pretty hard to be running excessively rich on a dry kit, The Interface was designed more for bad nozzle placement (running lean) and for giving you the option of running the nozzle post MAF (hidden set ups/ Dry Direct Ports).

Matt

Originally Posted by HPT BANDIT
If your running rich because of nozzle placement then you need to turn your nozzle a little away from the maf. If your running lean then you can ad fuel by adjusting the interface. I think it's set up by HP. For example if your adding a 100 dry and running 12.8 A/f fuel. I think you could set the interface to a 25-50shot and richen it up. I could be wrong but thats what it seems like to me.

I'm thinking about running dual nitrous noids (for safety reasons) and spray after the MAF with the interface.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT for American HP (user name)
Robert
Old 01-05-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks for the bump, good read.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:22 PM
11 Second Club

i cant wait to get mine hook it up and try it out with my new kit
Old 01-06-2008, 01:25 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm confused...
U put the dry plate on AFTER the MAF and lets say u wanna run a 100HP pill...

Now what does the interface do to correct fueling to make sure u dont go lean..

I understand I can pull lets say 2 degree's of timing as soon as the nitrous is activated (3200RPM) but how does the interface tell the injectors to static up or ramp up fueling?

Okay so I'm running the proper injector and or intake pump for the given total hp (LETS SAY 450RW NA AND ANOTHER 100 RW FROM N20 = ROUGHLY 600RW) then its back to the interface to make the proper adjustment to keep the A/F safe?

HOW DOES IT DO THIS AFTER THE MAF?

I had DFI GEN VI controlling my dry N20 and it worked flawlessly so thats why I wanna know how this little box is doing it?
Old 01-06-2008, 08:55 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JS
I'm confused...
U put the dry plate on AFTER the MAF and lets say u wanna run a 100HP pill...

Now what does the interface do to correct fueling to make sure u dont go lean..

I understand I can pull lets say 2 degree's of timing as soon as the nitrous is activated (3200RPM) but how does the interface tell the injectors to static up or ramp up fueling?

Okay so I'm running the proper injector and or intake pump for the given total hp (LETS SAY 450RW NA AND ANOTHER 100 RW FROM N20 = ROUGHLY 600RW) then its back to the interface to make the proper adjustment to keep the A/F safe?

HOW DOES IT DO THIS AFTER THE MAF?

I had DFI GEN VI controlling my dry N20 and it worked flawlessly so thats why I wanna know how this little box is doing it?
Yes you can put a dry plate After the MAF and use the interface to add additional fuel rather than relying on the MAF. The interface is plugged in line with the MAF and adjusts fuel to what you want it to be. It works through the MAF to control the injector pulse. If you want to run a 100 shot then you set the interface to a 100 shot. The interface goes in increments of 5hp. So if you find yourself running a little lean, then you simply adjust it another increment to bring the A/F back down. I think it’s a lot easier to adjust the interface then pull fuel jets to move your A/F one way or the other.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
Yes you can put a dry plate After the MAF and use the interface to add additional fuel rather than relying on the MAF. The interface is plugged in line with the MAF and adjusts fuel to what you want it to be. It works through the MAF to control the injector pulse. If you want to run a 100 shot then you set the interface to a 100 shot. The interface goes in increments of 5hp. So if you find yourself running a little lean, then you simply adjust it another increment to bring the A/F back down. I think it’s a lot easier to adjust the interface then pull fuel jets to move your A/F one way or the other.
Also, for those running big dry and maxing the MAF and dumping more fuel than needed, you could also adjust Interface to lean it out, correct? Or for that matter tuning for lean: a DP wet, DP dry, standard wet and so on can be tuned this way.
Robert
Old 01-06-2008, 12:30 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh I see,thats an amazing little box u guys came out with Matt...

I might have to go back to the jug again and do some tweeking on Dales dyno

I'll be in touch for a dry plate kit real soon
Old 01-06-2008, 12:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Robert56
Also, for those running big dry and maxing the MAF and dumping more fuel than needed, you could also adjust Interface to lean it out, correct? Or for that matter tuning for lean: a DP wet, DP dry, standard wet and so on can be tuned this way.
Robert
Yes, it can be used in all those applications. even in this case it isnt necessary, the interface goes up to 315 hp, but can be custom ordered to go beyond that. so there really is no situation where you couldnt use it after the MAF.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JS
Oh I see,thats an amazing little box u guys came out with Matt...

I might have to go back to the jug again and do some tweeking on Dales dyno

I'll be in touch for a dry plate kit real soon
Let us know when your ready. Most of our kits are still on sale including the dry plate which already comes with the interface

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=398&page=1
Old 01-07-2008, 08:31 AM
FormerVendor

Correct. It can also be used with wet kits, for instance if you had a lean spike you could add a little fuel to counter it, or if you didn't want to swap 8 fuel jets on your DP you could add a little more fuel via the Interface. So it does have a ton of uses, it just shines in the dry area.

Matt

Originally Posted by Robert56
Robert
Old 01-07-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Matt, would it be possible to elongate the wiring harness so you could stick the controller box in the glove box? I have my FJO controller in the glove box and would love to be able to stick this in there with it. It'd clean up the engine bay nicely to not have another controller box mounted in there, as my Timing Tuner (which the Interface is going to replace) is located.

Quick Reply: The New HSW Interface Air to Fuel & Timing Controller