Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy to hide nitrous on an ls1?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy to hide nitrous on an ls1?

Ok so last night i go to a car meet and run a vert ls1 SS that has "supposedly" been runnin his mouth or whatever, i dont care. Everyone says he has a lid catback and tune and a 75 shot. We finally go race and from a 40 he puts about 2 cars on me easy and i shut down at ~115 with him still pulling hard. We get back to the meet and he swears he didnt spray. So a lid/catback/tune CONVERTIBLE ss puts lengths on a full bolt-on tuned ls1 (both of us were m6 btw). Anyone see anything wrong here? Im not sure, so we pop his hood and i dont see solenoids or anything. Is it easy to hide nitrous on an ls1 im not sure?
Old 12-24-2007, 11:08 AM
FormerVendor

dry kits can be very easy to hide. there's no reason a stock car would start pulling lengths on you unless your one terrible driver. Here are a few recent threads on hiding a nitrous setup. as you can tell from some of the pictures, it really wouldnt be difficult to do.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/826296-hidden-dry-nozzle-placement.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/820716-stupid-question-hidden-nitrous.html
Old 12-24-2007, 11:38 AM

Alright cool, that makes me feel a little better. I just doesn't make since, a 310-315 whp VERT ls1 beating my 340rwhp.... and he beat me really easily, and his shifts were brutally slow. He is known for his bad driving lol.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Restricted User

Could have been the money maker kit from n2o outlet.....
Old 12-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Launching!

ask him to pull the lid off real quick before you race again. Its a good place to hide a dry nozzle.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was at the meet last night and witnessed it all. (White LS1 Formula with stock wheels) I did not know either of you guys and told him that the only place is could possibly be was under his lid as said above. Granted alot of factors apply to the race, but either way a win is a win.
One thing I did notice was that you and your buddies wanted to check in his trunk twice but never once asked to check in behind his seats.....which is one of the most common places to store the bottle. He seemed like he was not hiding anything, and you guys did not race for money so I dont know why he would be sandbagging. Either way I will try to make it out next weekend and I will race you in my mostly stock Formula with a good driver and NO spray and see how I do. Nice Z by the way!
Old 12-24-2007, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by E V I L
I was at the meet last night and witnessed it all. (White LS1 Formula with stock wheels) I did not know either of you guys and told him that the only place is could possibly be was under his lid as said above. Granted alot of factors apply to the race, but either way a win is a win.
One thing I did notice was that you and your buddies wanted to check in his trunk twice but never once asked to check in behind his seats.....which is one of the most common places to store the bottle. He seemed like he was not hiding anything, and you guys did not race for money so I dont know why he would be sandbagging. Either way I will try to make it out next weekend and I will race you in my mostly stock Formula with a good driver and NO spray and see how I do. Nice Z by the way!
Haha I was wondering if somebody from that meet was going to find this thread. I was thinking he had the lines and solenoids under the lid and infront of the radiator as well but I didn't want to be a dick and ask him to pop off his lid and filter lol. And about my friends...they were all pretty drunk so they were just running there mouths. I didnt really care to check his trunk because if he went through the trouble to hide the solenoids and nozzles he isnt gonna leave the bottle in the trunk. I also didnt want to go digging through his car. If he doesn't want to fess up to having nitrous then whatever i dont care. Things just didnt add up. I had a weight and power advantage and he pulled me really hard, this was the only reason i was suspicious. He was basically just ******* my car after the race sayin well "damn he even has more mods and mines a vert and i still beat him!!!". This was my reason for being a little bothered by the situation. Also he claims to be best friends with chuck at hpe and yet he still doesnt know how much power is car made, chuck apparently didnt tell him? If you get a tune you are gonna know how much power you made. I agree a win is a win but things just seemed a little fishy...

But anyways, I think I remember seein a white formy there, your car looked clean as well, thanks for the nice words! I'll try and make it out there next weekend too and sure we can get a friendly run in if you want.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:54 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by 1QuickSilverZ
Haha I was wondering if somebody from that meet was going to find this thread. I was thinking he had the lines and solenoids under the lid and infront of the radiator as well but I didn't want to be a dick and ask him to pop off his lid and filter lol. And about my friends...they were all pretty drunk so they were just running there mouths. I didnt really care to check his trunk because if he went through the trouble to hide the solenoids and nozzles he isnt gonna leave the bottle in the trunk. I also didnt want to go digging through his car. If he doesn't want to fess up to having nitrous then whatever i dont care. Things just didnt add up. I had a weight and power advantage and he pulled me really hard, this was the only reason i was suspicious. He was basically just ******* my car after the race sayin well "damn he even has more mods and mines a vert and i still beat him!!!". This was my reason for being a little bothered by the situation. Also he claims to be best friends with chuck at hpe and yet he still doesnt know how much power is car made, chuck apparently didnt tell him? If you get a tune you are gonna know how much power you made. I agree a win is a win but things just seemed a little fishy...

But anyways, I think I remember seein a white formy there, your car looked clean as well, thanks for the nice words! I'll try and make it out there next weekend too and sure we can get a friendly run in if you want.
i was also there with my red camaro with a billet grill, i would of run em but one of my tires was bouncing around 2 much. dam fix a flat lmao. il gladly run em next sunday il show em what a lid, catback car looks like
Old 12-25-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
i was also there with my red camaro with a billet grill, i would of run em but one of my tires was bouncing around 2 much. dam fix a flat lmao. il gladly run em next sunday il show em what a lid, catback car looks like
The man doesnt need 2 races in one night!! The all-mighty LS1 can only race once a night!

And if he did not truly have spray then maybe he just had a freak. I used to have a buddy back where I lived in Dallas that had a 01 Z with very minimal mods and dynoed somewhere around 340 to the wheels (freak) and that Z was a BEAST! Either way someone is always faster.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by E V I L
The man doesnt need 2 races in one night!! The all-mighty LS1 can only race once a night!

And if he did not truly have spray then maybe he just had a freak. I used to have a buddy back where I lived in Dallas that had a 01 Z with very minimal mods and dynoed somewhere around 340 to the wheels (freak) and that Z was a BEAST! Either way someone is always faster.
this is tru sometimes i like to think i have a freak but who knows
Old 12-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Just think how bad you would have lost if he did spray?
Old 12-25-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would just take the loss as a sign that you need to upgrade your stuff and then race him again, anyways about the n20, its extremely easy to hide, but if you know what your lookin for then you can find it, anywhere around the intake or fuel injectors.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nitrous halo... solenoids, lines and wires wrapped and tucked away.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:42 PM

^^^Thats just so sneaky it should be illegal lol!

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
this is tru sometimes i like to think i have a freak but who knows
Only one way to find out

Originally Posted by nz12's
Just think how bad you would have lost if he did spray?
Thats the thing though. He was not driving his car hard at all, I have honestly never seen such slow shifts... I think he may have been doing it on purpose so it wouldn't be a complete beat down. I can say though, i've never been pulled so hard in my life...
Old 12-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Our Halo kits are very popular...and what is this money maker you guys speak of
Old 12-26-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Isn't there a "Sneaky Pete" system out there also??
Old 12-26-2007, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

Just a quick question. Wouldn't there be an activation switch mounted to the throddle body that you could see. How else would you activate the system?
Old 12-26-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1QuickSilverZ
^^^Thats just so sneaky it should be illegal lol!
The first place someone will look for a kit when you're setting up a race is under the lid and beneath the filter. I have a design that's virtually impossible to find even if they do pop the lid, look under the filter, shine a light down the bellows. And it has nothing to do with a design like th money maker. It's one or two dry nozzles cleverly hidden and invisible unless you know exactly how to find it.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by Heat Treat Pete
Just a quick question. Wouldn't there be an activation switch mounted to the throddle body that you could see. How else would you activate the system?
TPS activation....a single wire tapped into the TPS sensor...can be done anywhere inbetween the TPS sensor and the PCM

Quick Reply: Easy to hide nitrous on an ls1?