Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DynoTune A/F lean shutdown switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DynoTune A/F lean shutdown switch

I cannot figure out how to wire mine in. My desired set-up is not diagramed in the instructions.

Here's my set-up:

Wet system from HSW
FPSS
MSD digital window switch
DynoTune a/f lean shutdown switch (want to use as TPS as well)

It seems I would have to use a cross between two of the diagrams provided, but I don't want to jack this up.

Here is a link to their instructions.
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...N%20SWITCH.pdf

Best I can figure is use drawing #6 and cross with drawing #4 but not sure.

Someone please help.

Last edited by Bigfoot99; 01-27-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Added content
Old 01-27-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

i wish i could help u man. i never got to installing mine and now im sellin it cause my motor just took a ****. im sure dynotune will chime in.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:37 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would wire it up as if you don't have the switch. Once you figure out how to do that, you have to just make 2 connections with the nitrous system to make the switch work.

The ground side of your relay (coil/control side) needs to go to the yellow/white wire on the shutdown switch LAST. This provides a way for the switch to turn off your nitrous system. I say LAST because this ground usually goes through the FPSS before it's grounded. You need to send the ground wire from the relay to the FPSS, then from the FPSS back to the yellow/white wire.

The blue wire then needs to be connected to something that only sees power/ground when the system is SPRAYING. For example, if your solenoids only get power when the system starts spraying, tap into one of the solenoid + wires. This way the shutdown switch will only disconnect the nitrous and display LLL condition if you're spraying the car.

The rest of the wires you need can be hooked up independent of the nitrous system.

Good luck!
Old 01-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

I get part of what you're saying, but according to one set of the directions the blue wire goes to the TPS signal (which is what I want). If not there then it goes through the window switch, which then makes the yellow/white wire unused. Then there is the whole pin 86 change from the relay based on what chart you use.

It's soooo confusing.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Diagram 4 should be the one you need as Diagram 6 includes using a progressive controller which you do not have. The BlurLs1 nailed down the part on the FPSS though you would not need that with the lean shut down switch.
As far as the pin issue on the relay we use a bosch relay with the same pinouts as the major nitrous companies NX, NOS. We had one customer that had a Harris system he just upgraded to our relay and install was a breeze. We have never seen a harris system but they seem helpful and I am sure they could help you out on the correct pin choices for their relay.

Dean
Old 01-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
Diagram 4 should be the one you need as Diagram 6 includes using a progressive controller which you do not have. The BlurLs1 nailed down the part on the FPSS though you would not need that with the lean shut down switch.
As far as the pin issue on the relay we use a bosch relay with the same pinouts as the major nitrous companies NX, NOS. We had one customer that had a Harris system he just upgraded to our relay and install was a breeze. We have never seen a harris system but they seem helpful and I am sure they could help you out on the correct pin choices for their relay.

Dean
According to the directions:
Menu 1: Trigger Mode
0=Ground (Low) used as trigger (Use setting 0 for drawings 4, 5, 7, 9)
1=12V (High) used as trigger (Use setting 1 for drawings 1, 2, 10)
2=TPS Input used as trigger (use setting 2 for drawings 3, 6, 8)

There is no issue with the HSW relay, it's exactly the same as the rest; I was referring to the actual wiring diagrams and trying to get them to mesh.

Based on your suggestions diagram 4 does not show use of the blue wire for TPS.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bigfoot99
According to the directions:
Menu 1: Trigger Mode
0=Ground (Low) used as trigger (Use setting 0 for drawings 4, 5, 7, 9)
1=12V (High) used as trigger (Use setting 1 for drawings 1, 2, 10)
2=TPS Input used as trigger (use setting 2 for drawings 3, 6, 8)

There is no issue with the HSW relay, it's exactly the same as the rest; I was referring to the actual wiring diagrams and trying to get them to mesh.

Based on your suggestions diagram 4 does not show use of the blue wire for TPS.
Just call us! 978-562-6040

Dean
Old 01-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

I teach high school in AZ so I cannot ensure I can call and talk to you guys. I tried earlier but all techs were busy then I had to go to class. By the time I got done you guys were closed. So here is what I have roughly sketched up.

Now, based on this, what connections do I make?
Old 01-29-2008, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002t/a06
i wish i could help u man. i never got to installing mine and now im sellin it cause my motor just took a ****. im sure dynotune will chime in.
Have you sold it yet. If not, I am interested. Shoot me an email dpop32@msn.com or a PM and let me know
Old 01-30-2008, 08:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I teach high school in AZ so I cannot ensure I can call and talk to you guys. I tried earlier but all techs were busy then I had to go to class. By the time I got done you guys were closed. So here is what I have roughly sketched up.

Now, based on this, what connections do I make?
The relay pinout you noted does not match a standard Bosch relay and the color wires do not match either. Since you want to use it I will do the best I can to help with the relay you have. Run the MSD output wire to the ground of the relay - pin 85 (white wire) on the bosch relay. From the a/f switch run the yellow wire which is providing power to the relay to pin 86 (red wire) on the bosch relay. You will not use the yellow/white wire. The white wire form the arming switch goes to the arming switch wire on the msd box. I would give harris a call and ask them which color wires and pin on their relay match up to a standard bosch relay.

If you need more info and you cannot call us please PM us your phone number and a time to call between 9 and 5 EST and we will call you.

Dean
Old 01-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Staging Lane

OK, I did manage to get a hold of a tech today before I saw Dean's post. I now have a new drawing done up and ready to re-start my wiring...when I get time. Man I'm tired of seeing my car up on jacks.

I did not get the name of the guy I talked to but I give him a big it all makes sense now.

Well, it's off to teach class now.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Resident

OK, I did manage to get a hold of a tech today before I saw Dean's post. I now have a new drawing done up and ready to re-start my wiring...when I get time. Man I'm tired of seeing my car up on jacks.

I did not get the name of the guy I talked to but I give him a big it all makes sense now.

Well, it's off to teach class now.
they have great customer service.