Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS remote bottle control

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NOS remote bottle control

I saw the solenoid remote bottle control setup and I am now interested in mounting my bottle in the spare tire compartment.

How well do they work? Can I leave my nitrous bottle open at all times with one of these and never have to go back to open it? Remote bottle openers seem to be way over priced.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

Im sure u can leave it open while cruising but i woul close the bottle when the car isnt in use just for safety...afterall its still just a solenoid and im sure to much pressure for to long will eventually affect its ability to work....from what i read they are a little more reliable than the regular bottle openers.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

I'd reccomend the solenoid style bottle openers, as opposed to the **** turning ones any day of the week.

-Will
Old 02-12-2008, 01:21 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I prefer the ones that open the ****, NOS brand is my favorite. I've never seen one of those that doesn't work, and I've never seen a used solenoid style opener that did work.

I would say they are expensive but are well worth the money, pm me if you are seriously looking to buy and we will see how good of a deal I can make you I can get you either style, and from several different companies.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 02-12-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful with the solenoid style as it will not work with a lot of the switch panels sold. I just ran into this and now I have no opener. I cant find the proper switch anywhere that will fit in my switch panel from nitrous outlet
Old 02-13-2008, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently purchased the NX remote bottle valve opener part #11107. Will install when warmer weather comes around.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:22 PM
hashtagBMW

I just got my NX opener brand new off ebay for $105. its the newer style too.

Pretty simple install, other then the crazy amount of wiring that comes off the switch, lol.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NBM99SS
Be careful with the solenoid style as it will not work with a lot of the switch panels sold. I just ran into this and now I have no opener. I cant find the proper switch anywhere that will fit in my switch panel from nitrous outlet
The rocker switches that come with the DMH cutouts just about fit the Nitrous Outlet with just a little massaging and they will operate the solenoid style openers.

I agree with Scoggin, the solenoid openers are useless as they are only recommended as a temporary open/close valve. In other words, you still have to manually open or shutoff the bottle before and after driving because the solenoid isn't designed to hold the system pressure for long periods of time. So if you have your bottles mounted in the trunk this is a complete waste of time... get the motor operated valve opener.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

The solenoid type opener are held open and closed by the pressure, The coils only pull and pushes the plunger the pressure keeps it in it position. The switch is a momentary contacter 12V. switch on-off-on. you can get them a Lowes or Home Depot.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hear nothing but good things about the NOS bottle opener, It comes with a controller box that shuts off the motor when it senses that the valve is closed. The NX bottle opener on the other hand I hear from several people that you have to keep tightening the clutch frequently. Ive also had this problem with mine.