Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 12:48 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What you dont believe me?

Here it is in my garage as I'm working on it.
2100 lbs. We're putting a 457 in it
Attached Thumbnails Orygun guys?-backsusp1.jpg   Orygun guys?-back1.jpg  

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 01-31-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No I didnt at first! Dam what is that thing? Whatever it is the weight/power ratio is insane I will need a ride in that thing if ever possible lol!! I will bring my own diaper too
Old 01-31-2010, 03:21 AM
Banned

Well if you look close you can see a snow blower in the garage... we don't need them around here.. Customer car we doing the engine for. Its a 6 speed as well.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Well if you look close you can see a snow blower in the garage... we don't need them around here.. Customer car we doing the engine for. Its a 6 speed as well.
I was looking at the garage thinking thats not what I remember it looking like.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Banned

and has Mikey been over here recently as well..LOL, I figured he might say something. You can't even walk in my garage
Old 02-01-2010, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Ugh, I think the camaro has to pull DD duty starting next weekend, I usually try to leave it hibernating until at least March, but my mom's Mercury croaked today, so she might have to use my Buick for a while.

Good thing is that I'll go straight to the dips at outlaw exhaust in downtown st. helens and yell at them until they fix their mess on my exhaust. They charged me double what they quoted me to weld my muffler on (it came off the car, was on it when I bought it way back when), and the intermediate pipe is pressed against the tunnel, tips are off to the driver side. It was dark when I picked it up, otherwise I would never have accepted it, and their shop vanished after they did the work (turns out they re-located downtown) so I didn't catch them before it went to storage. I hate how I get burned every time I try to support local small businesses. I think Scappoose Muffler is the only shop I've ever had a good experience with, that guy will bend over backwards to make sure you're happy, Outlaw.... not so much.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Banned

Yea Jay is ok because he is the only one around, his welding skills suck and don't park in front of the doors.

I've got a few not happy experiences with him.

One being a muffler for my Kia... I bring it in he sees what needs to be done tells me to come back in a week he needs to order a muffler. In a week I go back and he puts it on the rack measures up the muffler again and grabs a universal type unit that would go on a truck ( he had laying in the corner) and welds it in. Sounds like a fu*king fart can. He didn't order crap he just used what he had and it wasn't meant for a friggin car. But it was on $85 for everything so I though OK you get what you paid for.

Then one day he had a hissy fit about parking one day. I pulled up and could see a car on the rack so I stopped in front of the doors to ask if it was going to be long, I was just going to come back, and he went off about parking in front of the doors, even though no one else was there and he had his personal car on the rack. There is a big sign on the door that says don't park in front of the door. I wasn't really parked I pulled up stock my head out and said "hey" He started ragging about the sign and then refused to do what I asked him to do.

I guess he felt it was better to make a point about reading a sign than keeping a customer.

Brownie gave up on exhaust, there really isn't anyone local I can go to now. It will be a cold day in hell before I walk back into Jay's shop.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 02-01-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and has Mikey been over here recently as well..LOL, I figured he might say something. You can't even walk in my garage
LOL,,, I thought maybe you spent a couple weeks cleaning your garage out. You know, if you bought a storage shed, you would have a better place to work on your car instead of the driveway. I don't like seeing a perfectly good garage going to waste as a storage facility lol...

Mike
Old 02-01-2010, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Yea Jay is ok because he is the only one around, his welding skills suck and don't park in front of the doors.

I've got a few not happy experiences with him.

One being a muffler for my Kia... I bring it in he sees what needs to be done tells me to come back in a week he needs to order a muffler. In a week I go back and he puts it on the rack measures up the muffler again and grabs a universal type unit that would go on a truck ( he had laying in the corner) and welds it in. Sounds like a fu*king fart can. He didn't order crap he just used what he had and it wasn't meant for a friggin car. But it was on $85 for everything so I though OK you get what you paid for.

Then one day he had a hissy fit about parking one day. I pulled up and could see a car on the rack so I stopped in front of the doors to ask if it was going to be long, I was just going to come back, and he went off about parking in front of the doors, even though no one else was there and he had his personal car on the rack. There is a big sign on the door that says don't park in front of the door. I wasn't really parked I pulled up stock my head out and said "hey" He started ragging about the sign and then refused to do what I asked him to do.

I guess he felt it was better to make a point about reading a sign than keeping a customer.

Brownie gave up on exhaust, there really isn't anyone local I can go to now. It will be a cold day in hell before I walk back into Jay's shop.
As long as you've got a cat, Columbia River Mandrel Bends (near the old ACE downtown) will do a mean exhaust, but they're slow. Great welders there too. Just stay away from outlaw, he can't weld, and has to buy all his bends from Napa, so he's also expensive as hell. There's another exhaust shop in Scappoose, opposite side of hwy 30 from Jay's shop, I haven't been there, but I've heard nothing but bad things about their work ethic and quality. Didn't know brownies did exhaust, I've only been there once and never went back. When my 97 pcm came from pcm4less, I needed to do a case learn, but you need a tech 2 or brick to do it. Called them, they said they could do it, I watched him try to figure it out (didn't have a clue), and clear the code. Then he charged me about $65 for clearing that code I've given up on shops, I'm to the point now where I try to do everything on my car, but I'm still without a working MIG, exhaust is something I still need done.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by musicman
Ugh, I think the camaro has to pull DD duty starting next weekend, I usually try to leave it hibernating until at least March, but my mom's Mercury croaked today, so she might have to use my Buick for a while.
ya my caddy broke down over a month ago and ive been having to dd my camaro too, it ******* sucks i hate it. once i start dding a car it just gos to hell.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
ya my caddy broke down over a month ago and ive been having to dd my camaro too, it ******* sucks i hate it. once i start dding a car it just gos to hell.
Thats what the pro detailing skills are for But ya that would suck
Old 02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zlicious94
Thats what the pro detailing skills are for But ya that would suck
ya dude i know right! now if only i had the time to clean my car everyday in this weather lol. actually my caddy is almost fixed, hopefully by this weekend. hey phil do you know a good place to get interior parts? i wana get new carpet possibly, and i wana get my hands on the 35th anniversery seats.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya the carpet is easy it just comes as a kit and put her in. The seats, well those are gonna be a tough find. Craigs Craigs everyday I will keep my eyes peeled for ya too though!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Banned

I've got the seats coming out of my 99 SS that need a good home.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

What color are your seats?
Old 02-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned

grey, you want just the fronts or backs as well?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

grey, you want just the fronts or backs as well?
well im actualy looking for the 35th anniversery limited edition seats. the ones that are black and white, and have the ss on the headrest. i just figure since i have a 2002 they would be a good fit. so im looking for those specificaly.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zlicious94
Ya the carpet is easy it just comes as a kit and put her in. The seats, well those are gonna be a tough find. Craigs Craigs everyday I will keep my eyes peeled for ya too though!
thanks let me know if you see something.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98goldz28
What color are your seats?
my seats are charcoal leather
Old 02-05-2010, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Wow, these don't fit very well, oh well Should be fine to test the theory, I'll be giving these to a friend who has a third gen, and I'll buy some chrome jegs wheels with the right b/s, and if the slicks work, hard compound 26x9's and tubes.

Oh, and we're ordering a moly tube k-member, a-arms, coil overs, and 28x10 slicks for the stang in a week or so, wheelies and 9's here we come Hopefully it needs a wheelie bar

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?