Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like he is pushing off the line pretty good towards the right side. So it just seems to be a right or left or even both side adjustment. I say probably two clicks on the right side down. If that's how his shocks work.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tmoney223
It looks like he is pushing off the line pretty good towards the right side. So it just seems to be a right or left or even both side adjustment. I say probably two clicks on the right side down. If that's how his shocks work.
The "gangsta lean" at the launch isn't a shock or spring issue. He needs a stiffer adjustable anti-roll bar (drag bar) in the back.

Mike
Old 07-18-2010, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Well if he can't get one right now, would that kind of help? Actually I think he has to much bite on the right side????? So tighten up the left side and maybe that would help???
Old 07-18-2010, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to TylerLS1 for helping a brother out today with the Strano sway bars! This things on rails!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Yeah also good looking out on phils part also.. You to Turk

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
Thanks to TylerLS1 for helping a brother out today with the Strano sway bars! This things on rails!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
The "gangsta lean" at the launch isn't a shock or spring issue. He needs a stiffer adjustable anti-roll bar (drag bar) in the back.

Mike
Maybe having a rear anti-roll bar at all would start to help.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:47 AM
12 Second Club

Anytime dude! It was nice working on a car that's so CLEAN underneath lol.

I was very impressed with the results, it's a night and day difference
Old 07-19-2010, 03:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Well if he can't get one right now, would that kind of help? Actually I think he has to much bite on the right side????? So tighten up the left side and maybe that would help???
A common mis-conception about drag cars that launch is that the right side has the most traction because the car leans to that side. That's simply not the case at all. Think about the driveshaft twisting when accelerating. If you could see the rearend housing from the front of the car, the driveshaft twists in a clockwise motion. That twisting motion wants to force the rearend to twist in that same motion. So it's essentially trying to force the driver side tire into the ground, and trying to lift upward on the passenger side tire. That is what causes the car to lean to the passenger side because it's actually compressing the spring which causes the body to drop on that side. It has nothing to do with shock or spring settings. Only a stiff anti-sway bar can counter that action. This is also why non-posi rearends always spin the right rear passenger tire, because the twisting action is trying to lift that tire and therefore has the least amount of traction.

Mike
Old 07-19-2010, 08:54 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1
Anytime dude! It was nice working on a car that's so CLEAN underneath lol.

I was very impressed with the results, it's a night and day difference
Well I take a wet towel and climb under it every morning and wipe it down

Yeah, the results were awesome. I just wish people shopping at Safeway would park somewhere else other then the parking lot so people like us can try out our new suspension...lol
Old 07-19-2010, 10:19 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah, the results were awesome. I just wish people shopping at Safeway would park somewhere else other then the parking lot so people like us can try out our new suspension...lol
You ever been on that highway between Carson and Cougar? Windy road with little traffic. All the motorcycle guys tear it up on that road and would be a good test for the new bars.

Mike
Old 07-19-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Im still looking for a giant parking lot with no light poles and smooth pavement to set some cones up and make a homemade lil autox course. Anybody know of a good spot to do that at??
Old 07-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Banned

THere is a parking lot off mission in Salem has auto cross courses from time to time. I also know of 2 or three roads with next to no traffic. Straight lines and places to pull off and turn around. You can "test" you suspension or in the case of Zlicious run autox.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Actually drifting looks really fun to me but Im not going to pir when they have it cause its all ricers or should I say 240gayx's with there fart cans just goin off for hours HELL NO! So ya if I could find a nice smooth lot to practice on that would be hella fun!

Turk you still down for some drifitin or is your bird too big and heavy
I will come out to salem,canby or wherever cause Im not having any luck around here I went to a loading dock last night but just not enough roomThis is what I want!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OgL49CR7hg
Old 07-19-2010, 12:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
You ever been on that highway between Carson and Cougar? Windy road with little traffic. All the motorcycle guys tear it up on that road and would be a good test for the new bars.

Mike
I've driven the back roads through Cougar to the APE CAVES, which had plenty of nice curves. Not sure if that the one you are talking about.

Originally Posted by zlicious94
Actually drifting looks really fun to me but Im not going to pir when they have it cause its all ricers or should I say 240gayx's with there fart cans just goin off for hours HELL NO! So ya if I could find a nice smooth lot to practice on that would be hella fun!

Turk you still down for some drifitin or is your bird too big and heavy
I will come out to salem,canby or wherever cause Im not having any luck around here I went to a loading dock last night but just not enough roomThis is what I want!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OgL49CR7hg
No drifting for me bro. My luck I would break something. But if you or anyone else is down to do some autocross at PIR or somewhere else I would be game for that. I'd rather do that then anything.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well than you better just put your car in a museum now then and not drive it anymore. Why the hell did you get a performance car if your not gonna rally it You told me that once you got an m6 you would be down Dude your starting to act like an old man what up?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Banned

If you want autocross i know of a lot of back country roads that will challenge almost any suspension. We have an abandoned building that has a huge lot. Lots of fun roads. There is a lot that had a drift comp not to long ago. Salem has so many shut down businesses you can find a lot about anywhere. I also know where there is an old air strip in Dallas. Not sure if cars can still get in. I was there last summer on my r1.

Some twisty roads down here
River Rd S.
Vita springs
Buena Vista
Summit LP (Crazy)
Marys Peak
Hebo Road Up to Tillamook
Old 07-19-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a big twisty course in my neck of the woods. Start's out as 219 from hillsborro to newberg, take that to bell road which will bring you on to Hwy 99w for a few minutes then take corral creek to wilsonville road. Now that is like 30 miles of twists and turns.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by zlicious94
Well than you better just put your car in a museum now then and not drive it anymore. Why the hell did you get a performance car if your not gonna rally it You told me that once you got an m6 you would be down Dude your starting to act like an old man what up?
So let me get this straight, I'm an old man and need to park my car in a museum because I choose to not drift my car around some cones in a parking lot? I will leave the Tokyo drifting to the foreign cars and stick to straight line and Autocross racing.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Banned

"I will leave the Tokyo drifting to the foreign cars and stick to straight line and Autocross racing" 02WS6TURK
That should be the quote of the day...lol

i never saw the point of drifting. I mean sliding your car around a corner may look cool but its faster to take an inside outside line. Autocross is more technical from what I remeber.

But going fast in any direction is a good time
Old 07-19-2010, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

the drive up to crater lake has some nice corners btw guys!

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?