Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is such a good idea Tom!! Lets do this now that we have a large crew of fbodys... Im down!!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zlicious94
That is such a good idea Tom!! Lets do this now that we have a large crew of fbodys... Im down!!
I have several F body customers and a LOT of Corvette owners as well. Even a few Vipers and Viper powered trucks. The last V10 truck that was here made 700+ at the wheels, and over 600 ft/lb at 2800 RPM It will be a fun time to get everyone together down here, a lot of things happen north of us and for the last few years I have been here and on this board nothing much happens down here. So hopefully we can get something happening down here for a change
Old 02-16-2009, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tjwong
I have several F body customers and a LOT of Corvette owners as well. Even a few Vipers and Viper powered trucks. The last V10 truck that was here made 700+ at the wheels, and over 600 ft/lb at 2800 RPM It will be a fun time to get everyone together down here, a lot of things happen north of us and for the last few years I have been here and on this board nothing much happens down here. So hopefully we can get something happening down here for a change
Sounds like a plane, just gives us a heads up when you want to do this.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

count me in
Old 02-16-2009, 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I finally pulled the pin, it was in the making for a few weeks. After going a few rounds with the IB sales guys they cut me a pretty good deal. So far this year things have made a change for the better, I am booked through most of March right now which is great. Stop by, don't be a stranger Cody came by the other day he is about to finish up a contract job in PDX then he is going job hunting again. So I feel pretty good for the given economy status.
Hopefully the stimulus package will create more commerce jobs, road construction etc. That should give a nice boost in the arm for the given economy and is right up the alley of Civil Engineering type work.

Ya, Cody mentioned he picked up the press while he was there. We used it last night to press in the bearings for on my new 9" center section. I'll be setting up the gears sometime this week. My tuning software should show up today, so I need to schedule at least 2 hours of dyno time with ya. I'd like to take a day off work during the week to tune it.

Mike
Old 02-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

What would all you local Oregon and Washington state guys feel about doing a get together at my shop. We can do a dyno day or just a cruise in to BS through the day. I gotta large parking lot that is normally pretty empty come the weekend. I would be open to do something like that on a weekend after the weather starts to get better. I would supply the pizza and soft drinks. Nothing fancy, just a day where we can all congregate, put some faces to the names, talk car stuff, tell fishing or car stories, play on the dyno and have some pizza. My shop is easy to find and it is right off Interstate 5 about 10 minutes north of the I5 bridge.
Count me in as well. Sounds like a good time. Keep us updated on the date/time.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camaroslpss
Count me in as well. Sounds like a good time. Keep us updated on the date/time.
so I wonder what kind of deal we can get for all of us getting our cars dyno? Hey Fury-786 You going to make it? If so u should get that guy with the GTO to come also..
Old 02-16-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya im tired of always reading about all the **** they do up there too!! Sounds like you got us on track to get er done down here so I know we are all pumped for this year!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

yeah...get some details figured out, and ill try to get there.

i might be able to get shawn to bring the goat as well...he was thinking about putting some spray on it, so another dyno run would be cool.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

What would all you local Oregon and Washington state guys feel about doing a get together at my shop. We can do a dyno day or just a cruise in to BS through the day. I gotta large parking lot that is normally pretty empty come the weekend. I would be open to do something like that on a weekend after the weather starts to get better. I would supply the pizza and soft drinks. Nothing fancy, just a day where we can all congregate, put some faces to the names, talk car stuff, tell fishing or car stories, play on the dyno and have some pizza. My shop is easy to find and it is right off Interstate 5 about 10 minutes north of the I5 bridge.
im down. i was actually in portland all weekend with the gf. down town is pretty sweet. club aura is badass too. was going to try and track you down but figured weekends were by apt only.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fury_786
yeah...get some details figured out, and ill try to get there.

i might be able to get shawn to bring the goat as well...he was thinking about putting some spray on it, so another dyno run would be cool.
OMG spray on already 600+ to the wheels!!! that sick cool we will have some fun on the way up...Hey Pat u going to make?

Last edited by tmoney223; 02-16-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Well i just ordered the spec stage 1 clutch...YEAH BABY!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice bro!! Now you can get it runnin perfect and unleash the beast
Old 02-16-2009, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zlicious94
Nice bro!! Now you can get it runnin perfect and unleash the beast
I just hope to get it tuned soon by john.. Thanks for the info on the website for that clutch man
Old 02-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Well i just ordered the spec stage 1 clutch...YEAH BABY!!!!
Bout time! I was about to cut you a check so you'd go buy one
Old 02-16-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like a good idea Wong. I am always down to BS at your shop.

NWdragracer - PIR runs 1/8th mile on Wednesdays and 1/4 mile on the weekends.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Bout time! I was about to cut you a check so you'd go buy one
Damn I should of waited then...
Old 02-17-2009, 12:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Spectre86
im down. i was actually in portland all weekend with the gf. down town is pretty sweet. club aura is badass too. was going to try and track you down but figured weekends were by apt only.
I was baby sitting my little boy all weekend, I do that every other weekend now so that limits my working on weekends now. So that just means working a little later during the week to get things done. Next time your are in town just call. I can usually manage to sneak away for a couple hours.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Spectre86
lol damn my bud IAN is onna the big wigs down there and my bro works there at aura its a really nice club they always give us free drink tickets lol they are good about letting some ppl n for free to, did you guys have to pay?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I was baby sitting my little boy all weekend, I do that every other weekend now so that limits my working on weekends now. So that just means working a little later during the week to get things done. Next time your are in town just call. I can usually manage to sneak away for a couple hours.
its a date

Originally Posted by ls1whip
lol damn my bud IAN is onna the big wigs down there and my bro works there at aura its a really nice club they always give us free drink tickets lol they are good about letting some ppl n for free to, did you guys have to pay?

It was my first time there. I had to. Let the gf in for free though. i loved it there. my favorate club i have been to soo far.
ill have to get ahold of you next time im up there.

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?