Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to say it, but with everything you explained to me, I afraid it is something with 5th gear or at minimum the trans. Damn stick cars. LOL just kidding.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

3rd gear blocker ring teeth chewed up lol just messin
Old 09-26-2010, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Not a good night, had some wire short somewhere (can't find it), and blew the relay that controls reverse and the transbrake. Didn't make it to tech tonight, couldn't back away from the trailer. The good thing is that the guy who originally built the car used all red wire to wire it, power AND ground. So it should be easy to find... not, lol.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:54 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by musicman
Not a good night, had some wire short somewhere (can't find it), and blew the relay that controls reverse and the transbrake. Didn't make it to tech tonight, couldn't back away from the trailer. The good thing is that the guy who originally built the car used all red wire to wire it, power AND ground. So it should be easy to find... not, lol.
I like to use all blue wires. Who needs that whole color coating system. Sorry to hear that you couldnt get it done.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:54 AM
On The Tree

ohh god that sucksssss!
Old 09-26-2010, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by musicman
The good thing is that the guy who originally built the car used all red wire to wire it, power AND ground. So it should be easy to find... not, lol.
Nice. Why do people do that ****? If they can't afford the 30/bux to go get proper wire colors for a project like that, maybe they shouldn't have a racecar (or any car for that matter) as a hobby. ? Sounds like you have a new winter project re-wiring someone elses fuckup. At least it didn't start a fire or something really serious. Sorry about your luck man.

Mike
Old 09-26-2010, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1whip
3rd gear blocker ring teeth chewed up lol just messin
Ironically I nailed all four gears during my "one" run on Friday. The Tick adj m/c made a really good improvement.

Cody, I'm not positive but I think 1st, 3rd and 5th all ride on the input/main shaft. If the input/main shaft is twisted, bent or fucked up it should affect all three of those gears. I first noticed the vibration around half-track, which would be just about when I go into 3rd gear. First gear comes/goes so quickly I probably wouldn't notice it. I do have a "parts" T56 sitting here.

I'd still like to get the driveshaft checked for balance also, just for peace of mind.

Mike
Old 09-26-2010, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

hey mike i'm curious i have never taken apart a 6sp but how is the lay out like? my previous thinking was that all the speed gears 1-6 would ride on the same shaft off of the input shaft like a typical 3-5 spd then the cluster shaft meshes with them below or to the side what does a t56 do? thats clinch you have a spare tranny tho! do you think it could be the input shaft bearing? of course you didn't hear any growling or screeching i was thinking it could be slightly loose and then at a certain frequency or load could then start a violent vibration through the trany like you where saying probably not tho. i like your plan with the drive shaft might as-well do the easy stuff first did it have any weights attached to it?
Old 09-26-2010, 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1whip
hey mike i'm curious i have never taken apart a 6sp but how is the lay out like? my previous thinking was that all the speed gears 1-6 would ride on the same shaft off of the input shaft like a typical 3-5 spd then the cluster shaft meshes with them below or to the side what does a t56 do? thats clinch you have a spare tranny tho! do you think it could be the input shaft bearing? of course you didn't hear any growling or screeching i was thinking it could be slightly loose and then at a certain frequency or load could then start a violent vibration through the trany like you where saying probably not tho. i like your plan with the drive shaft might as-well do the easy stuff first did it have any weights attached to it?
I was under the impression that the T56 had two shafts (which it does) and that they split the gears between them. I was partly correct, 1-5 gears ride on the main shaft and 6th and reverse gears share a second shaft/slider assembly. The input/main bearing could be a culprit. I would be curious why it would be so much more noticable in 5th gear, unless it's like you said, a rpm/harmonic that resonates at a certain speed/load. ? It's a mystery for now until I can tear into it.

Mike
Old 09-26-2010, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

nice good two know what the internals are like thanks mike! yeah man i hope you get to the bottom of it.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Nice. Why do people do that ****? If they can't afford the 30/bux to go get proper wire colors for a project like that, maybe they shouldn't have a racecar (or any car for that matter) as a hobby. ? Sounds like you have a new winter project re-wiring someone elses fuckup. At least it didn't start a fire or something really serious. Sorry about your luck man.

Mike
Yeah, it could've been worse, so happy it wasn't. Did replace what I thought was a blown relay today, but didn't here any wires shorting, and no reverse. So wherever the problem is, the wire isn't connected anymore. Worst thing is we bought the car with all this wired up, so it's all a mystery as to what goes where. Tempted to try a painless drag car wiring kit with the switch panel, but that's spendy. It would be nice to make this thing simpler, get rid of this crazy computer (biondo mega 450). It had a co2 ran throttle stop on it when we bought it, that's all gone. All this computer does now is shift. Might be nice to make this thing simpler.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Saw a 35th SS on Tualitin Sherwood road by applebees just now (730)

Anybody here own it?
Old 10-01-2010, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

Anyone going to PIR tonight?
Old 10-02-2010, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone end up going to PIR, I was really wanting to go, but ended up helping my dad build the shop until late
Old 10-03-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mike have you had have you had the time to work on your car lately, any updates as to what is going on with it?
Old 10-03-2010, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by welldonecj7
Mike have you had have you had the time to work on your car lately, any updates as to what is going on with it?
Kinda put the black car on hold for the time being. Got a few other projects going on to get some extra fundage. I'm rebuilding my spare T56 so that I can either sell it, or sell the T56 that's in my car. I'm also building an LS6 longblock for a guy.

Mike
Old 10-03-2010, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

argh, so the transbrake solenoid is burned up, and having a heck of a time finding a replacement. Most of the kits now have internal solenoids, this is old skool with an external one. Crazy Ford, lol

Almost have the Camaro's engine back together. This thing is turning into a freaking monster. Took apart the MLS headgaskets and coppercoated all 5 layers (old grand national trick). I can't wait to get it running again, barely drove it at all this year. I can't help but wonder if the little six banger will need a roll bar or not, it's going to have every bit of potential for it. I don't want to put one in though, not yet.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

i hope you get her sortted that is such a sweet build you have in the works!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Yeah that thing is going to be sweet musicman!!!

Hey mike.
You are still doing a M6 right and not putting a A4 in her?
Old 10-05-2010, 11:30 PM
12 Second Club

Ha! We know him better than that!!!

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?