Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have been looking for work for months and months.

Now take my step sister who just moved here, first full day was Monday the 9th.
By Wed the 11th she has two jobs. That being said this is how I feel about your situation.
I don't think you are truly trying that hard to find work. If I needed a job I would work anywhere, taco bell, Mc. D's, etc.
Land a job to help pay bills while still looking for your career. Joe, you are a great guy but lack motivation and tend to make dumb decisions.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:31 AM
Staging Lane

Also you can't expect work to find you, you need to hit the pavement. You say you have but you need to annoy the **** out of them.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i do look for jobs jeremy. the market sucks ***** up here. I HAD A JOB INTERVIEW ON TUESDAY but i couldnt go cuz of my stupid car. i probly would have a job if it wasnt for that. im not waiting for work to find me, except in the fishing case cuz i cant very well physically go to ak and pound the docks. i have applied to alot of places jeremy. but im only marketable in one area and thats mariner type ****. i dont have even the smallest bit of experiance in any other trade. if you look at 95% of job listings, they all require experiance. i have never had a "normal job" i have been in the navy and caught salmon thats it nothin else ever. i cant even write a reseme that targets anything besides bein on the water. when i apply for a job i do bug them i meet with managers, write letters to companys. and jeremy, its not even worth my time to apply for minumum wage jobs and i will not take one. do you know why? because i can go to college full time and make more money than i will working minimum wage. sp why would i want a minimum wage job?
Old 05-14-2011, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have afeeling that you dont understand how i make more money goin to school than i do at mcdonalds. im a veteran and i receive the post 9/11 gi bill. that comes out to all school paid for and 1200+ dollars a month. i wont even make that much working at a fastfood joint. so does that make sense to you?
Old 05-14-2011, 02:25 AM
Staging Lane

I understand about you going to school. I thought you said you were not going back to school and were going to get a job. I just want you to succeed and not end up being a homeless person...etc.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I did take a quarter off to look for work. But i can go back any time. But i didnt take a quarter off so i could try tp get oj with burger king lol. I appreciate that u care about me and my future and i know that u just want the best for me. I have a freind that owns a small construction business so im gonna get a hold of him on monday, it might only be part time but ill take it if i can get on
Old 05-14-2011, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys should start up a separate thread on this topic because every time I look at the Oregon Guys section I want to drive my car off a cliff
Old 05-14-2011, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Yep I agree
Old 05-14-2011, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

So what do you guys think?
Should I use my 317, 853, or sell them and buy some 5.3 or LS6.
I need to get the compression up to about 11.1:1 for my set up.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

If you want to go with LS6 heads I can get brand new factory GM LS6 heads for $200 a piece bare, then regrind and set tip heights on the valves out of your 317's, throw on whatever springs you might want, and boom. You have heads. Under the average price of a rebuild on 853's!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
i do look for jobs jeremy. the market sucks ***** up here. I HAD A JOB INTERVIEW ON TUESDAY but i couldnt go cuz of my stupid car. i probly would have a job if it wasnt for that. im not waiting for work to find me, except in the fishing case cuz i cant very well physically go to ak and pound the docks. i have applied to alot of places jeremy. but im only marketable in one area and thats mariner type ****. i dont have even the smallest bit of experiance in any other trade. if you look at 95% of job listings, they all require experiance. i have never had a "normal job" i have been in the navy and caught salmon thats it nothin else ever. i cant even write a reseme that targets anything besides bein on the water. when i apply for a job i do bug them i meet with managers, write letters to companys. and jeremy, its not even worth my time to apply for minumum wage jobs and i will not take one. do you know why? because i can go to college full time and make more money than i will working minimum wage. sp why would i want a minimum wage job?
Well then it's a no brainer. GO BACK TO SCHOOL and get a part time job at Taco Hell. I was under the impression you were done with school and didn't have any other options left to you. You say you missed an interview because of no car? Did you at least call and tell them you just wrecked your car and would like to re-schedule?

For your resume's, you need to flip the script on the wording to make it sound like you have the skills they are looking for. If you have to organize chum buckets on a fish boat, then you have great organizational skills. If you have to prioritize those chum buckets, you're awesome at prioritizing your work load. See what I'm talking about? These are just examples, I have no idea how a commercial fish boat operates. A resume is just a bragging session about yourself to get you an interview. You can talk about the details in the interview but you still have to sell yourself as "the ****"....

Another thing to keep in mind, is that when an employer lists an ad for help, they are looking for the ideal candidate. 90% of the time they will never find someone that fills everything they need/want. They will almost always have to compromise in some way or another. Don't let the ad fool you into thinking that you shouldn't apply. You just need to tailor your resume to fit the things they are looking for, within reason of course.

Mike

Last edited by Mikey 97Z M6; 05-14-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
You guys should start up a separate thread on this topic because every time I look at the Oregon Guys section I want to drive my car off a cliff
Kinda like when you and Joe were going at each other huh? Or did you forget about that? We're trying to help out a fellow Fbody brother. If that bugs you maybe you shouldn't read it. Just sayin...

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Yep I agree
C'mon, if it were you guys we'd be trying to help you out if you were in a pinch or needed advice. Last time I looked this thread didn't really have a "topic" to stay on track with......

Mike
Old 05-14-2011, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

So what do you guys think?
Should I use my 317, 853, or sell them and buy some 5.3 or LS6.
I need to get the compression up to about 11.1:1 for my set up.
Sell them both, niether of those are going to work great for a NA car on the jug. You can pick up used 5.3's for dirt (100/pair?) and if you're planning to port them yourself they're perfect for learning on. They basically have a very similar port design as the LS6 heads, but the smaller combustion chamber will bump compression, which is good for a NA car. I got close to 300cfm out of a set of 5.3's I ported back in 2005. You will need to regrind for larger intake valves though, the 5.3's come with 1.94 intakes I believe. Maybe Charlie can chime in and give an estimate on regrind?

Mike
Old 05-14-2011, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

You're right about helping someone out and that this thread doesn't really have a topic, we know he's in a pinch. Just some times it just gets repetitive. No offense Joe..lol I just hope it works out for you and it will.

Yeah the 5.3 heads are like 150 on eBay so I'll just go with that. Thanks!
Hey Charlie what kind of a quote can you give me?

Last edited by tmoney223; 05-14-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Well then it's a no brainer. GO BACK TO SCHOOL and get a part time job at Taco Hell. I was under the impression you were done with school and didn't have any other options left to you. You say you missed an interview because of no car? Did you at least call and tell them you just wrecked your car and would like to re-schedule?

For your resume's, you need to flip the script on the wording to make it sound like you have the skills they are looking for. If you have to organize chum buckets on a fish boat, then you have great organizational skills. If you have to prioritize those chum buckets, you're awesome at prioritizing your work load. See what I'm talking about? These are just examples, I have no idea how a commercial fish boat operates. A resume is just a bragging session about yourself to get you an interview. You can talk about the details in the interview but you still have to sell yourself as "the ****"....

Another thing to keep in mind, is that when an employer lists an ad for help, they are looking for the ideal candidate. 90% of the time they will never find someone that fills everything they need/want. They will almost always have to compromise in some way or another. Don't let the ad fool you into thinking that you shouldn't apply. You just need to tailor your resume to fit the things they are looking for, within reason of course.

Mike
ya i treid calling them but could not get an answer, so i wrote them an email telling them what happened and asked to rechedual. i have a really good reseme and cover letter but ya its targeted at one thing pretty much. im getting interviews but im not getting the jobs or i cant even get to them lol. im pretty confident that ill get something soon.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You're right about helping someone out and that this thread doesn't really have a topic, we know he's in a pinch. Just some times it just gets repetitive. No offense Joe..lol I just hope it works out for you and it will.

Yeah the 5.3 heads are like 150 on eBay so I'll just go with that. Thanks!
Hey Charlie what kind of a quote can you give me?
i know it gets repetitive, thats why i quit posting my bullshit whiner posts. and i thank you all for your support.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Teching In

So got the Camaro though emissions yesterday...on it's 5th try. A set of O2 sensors finally did the trick. It kept failing idle HCs put passed with flying colors on everything else.

Tried charging the AC system and discovered the compressor leaks... joy. Also have a random leak on the back of the motor. Doesn't seem to be the intake (I just had the intake off). Maybe the backs of the valve covers? Can't see where it's coming from. I've got fresh oil on both sides.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice! New tags for 2 years now!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

I'm sooooo glad I don't have to go through that BS!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Hey Joe this songs for you.lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYAWv...e_gdata_player

Tmoney

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?