That 408 stang on the juice is insane!!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is some sick racing!! C5z ftw!!

Old 12-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@CopMagnet: Yea and it had a few more factors working against it. I thought it should have been trapping 107 even with those gears, but thanks lol glad I final joined.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wonder if there are guys in Oregon like that, that roll up to street race and have their race car on a trailer.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
I wonder if there are guys in Oregon like that, that roll up to street race and have their race car on a trailer.

they are around
Old 12-03-2012, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I need this chair for my shop!!

http://portland.craigslist.org/nco/cto/3453013739.html
Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4genPhoenix
Thanks everyone. I feel very, uh, welcome

Dexter is about 15-20mins away if you get on hw58 from I-5, and it's right before you get to Lowell.

I drove a 1995 Trans Am until too many launches at Woodburn ate up my first gear synchro. I dont have any pictures of the car on this computer, but I do have video on youtube:

Pretty stock car, almost nothing done to the engine except 1.6 rr and a tune (done at home haha), but it does have a few other goodies Strange S60 rear end with a 4.30 gear, Hurst sts, MT DR's, qa1 front shocks on 300lb springs and a loooot of umi important bits lol. The car weighs in at about 3800 with me in it.

I was hoping to run into a few more locals in my area or that frequent Woodburn dragstrip, the more the merrier right? haha
Where is Lowell? LOL....

Car sounds like you're getting ready to make it fast with the upgraded drivetrain and suspension parts. Are you going to keep it LT1 powered? I know someone who could probably help you out with your T56 issues.

Wow, I haven't raced at Woodburn for probably 10 years. Keep telling myself I'm going to make it out there again one day...

Mike
Old 12-05-2012, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

I ain't got time to sift through all the other threads,, any input on adding a cutout to a stock exhaust? I'd do it at the join from 2 to 1 at the "Y". Trying to scavenge ways of saving cash and make better HP. A single DMH cutout there I'm hoping will add some good ponies without breaking the bank.
I'd love to do Kooks longtubes, 3 inch Y with no catty verter, and a magnaflow catback. But for racing, I just want the best flow for the cheapest dollar.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Teching In

@Mikey 97Z M6: haha alright, how about this. The lake is right next to the Dexter Lake Club where they filmed a scene of Animal House, does that help? xD

I was waiting for someone to ask about that, I hope it wasnt too obvious We're going to stick with the LT1 for a while. We bought an LE2 package with the big boy cam this last summer and have been waiting for the weather to get a wee bit more crappy before we started work on it.

I think we have a pretty good handle on the transmission situation for now, but if something comes up, I will not be bashful about asking haha.

I dont know what your last trip to woodburn was like, but ive been going there the last two years in a row, and its been a kick every time.

@CopMagnet: Thats pretty much what we did. I never noticed any performance changes at the SOTP, but these fbody cars sound damn wicked with a cutout haha. I have a set of LT 3" Pacesetter headers with a 3" y-pipe and welded the cutout in a little gap under the car that gave us some more ground clearance. You want to make sure that you dont get too close to where the y connects or you will get pulsing feedback to the o2 sensors, although I might be getting my A/F ratio gauge mixed up with the o2 sensors. Either way, here's a (crappy) picture of it:

It's kind of a bad angle, but just an idea of where we put ours.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cool to hear your sticking with the lt1. I want to eventually build me a 383 but using advanced induction instead of lloyd but I know he makes some great h/c combos as well! Not many of us lt1 guys still around these days.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CopMagnet
I ain't got time to sift through all the other threads,, any input on adding a cutout to a stock exhaust? I'd do it at the join from 2 to 1 at the "Y". Trying to scavenge ways of saving cash and make better HP. A single DMH cutout there I'm hoping will add some good ponies without breaking the bank.
I'd love to do Kooks longtubes, 3 inch Y with no catty verter, and a magnaflow catback. But for racing, I just want the best flow for the cheapest dollar.
Worthless being your car is bone stock. You would be lucky to see 2rwh. IMO, they only sound good when you compliment it with a cam.

Your best bet is to save your money for some TSP 1-7/8 LT's, TSP 3" ORY, Magnaflow catback, ported/polished TB with the bump stop delete & a tune. Then gears and a stall. But as for now, a cutout would do nothing for your set up and would be a waste of money.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Staging Lane

The gears were a great investment. Huge difference
Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

@Mikey 97Z M6: haha alright, how about this. The lake is right next to the Dexter Lake Club where they filmed a scene of Animal House, does that help? xD

I was waiting for someone to ask about that, I hope it wasnt too obvious We're going to stick with the LT1 for a while. We bought an LE2 package with the big boy cam this last summer and have been waiting for the weather to get a wee bit more crappy before we started work on it.

I think we have a pretty good handle on the transmission situation for now, but if something comes up, I will not be bashful about asking haha.

I dont know what your last trip to woodburn was like, but ive been going there the last two years in a row, and its been a kick every time.
OK, still no idea where it's at but I'm too lazy to google it lol... Animal House huh,,, might have to watch that again, been too long.

The last time I was at Woodburn (circa 2002?) my car was still LT1 powered. It was my daily driver and the valvesprings were getting soft with so many miles on them so it was only running 12.60's @ 111 NA. Nice track though. Haven't been there since the full concrete upgrade. That heads cam package will really wake up your ride.

One of the only vids I have of the car running at Woodburn (circa 2000). Turn the volume down though, my friends video camera had a sensitive mic and it was windy that day. Sounds like a damn hurricane in the background lol...

Mike
Old 12-07-2012, 09:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98goldz28
The gears were a great investment. Huge difference
Indeed. Some bolt on and gears go a long way on these cars.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Teching In

zlisious94: It was hard to pass up this le package. It kinda landed square in our lap and we just couldnt let it go haha.

Nice to see another LT brethren

Mikey 97Z M6: Lol, just giving you a hard time, I saw you are in Washington. Im about an hour and a half south of Woodburn. Also thanks, we pulled the engine last night and cant wait to see how it turns out

Geez, you weren't kidding about that video haha. My poor ipod xD. What was done to the car? Looked like it moved along pretty good to me

The track is nice and smooth now. Track prep is kinda meh on test n tune and friday night's, but nothing crazy.

Would you guys know a Mark? I dont know his screen name, but he drives a white 98(?) LS1 Camaro auto thats been lightened up and etc and said he was a member on ls1tech. Bit of a stretch, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I see him at the track pretty often.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

4gen, looks like T-Money and Salemetro are the closest ones to you. Just throwin that out there.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

Mikey 97Z M6: Lol, just giving you a hard time, I saw you are in Washington. Im about an hour and a half south of Woodburn. Also thanks, we pulled the engine last night and cant wait to see how it turns out

Geez, you weren't kidding about that video haha. My poor ipod xD. What was done to the car? Looked like it moved along pretty good to me

The track is nice and smooth now. Track prep is kinda meh on test n tune and friday night's, but nothing crazy.

Would you guys know a Mark? I dont know his screen name, but he drives a white 98(?) LS1 Camaro auto thats been lightened up and etc and said he was a member on ls1tech. Bit of a stretch, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I see him at the track pretty often.
The car was pretty tame back then (by todays standards anyway) as it was my daily driver for more than 4 years. I self-ported the heads, had a CC 224/236 ground on a 112lsa, ported manifold, headers, 4.10 gears, 2OTL catback, my own tuning via LT1_Edit. My best time with that combo was a 12.39@114 with a 6sp. That was a pretty quick daily driver back in 2000 and it put A LOT of LS1's in their place. Got tired of working on it so it sat untouched for several years, went through a divorce and sat some more, then decided to do the LS engine swap. Haven't regretted it at all.

Mike
Old 12-18-2012, 02:11 AM
On The Tree

Sicker than sick ! I can see the 4th and 2nd gen in this. Someone should get this to GM, and slam in the C7 engine and suspension.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:28 AM
On The Tree

Still tryin to figure out who did this,,, dayum they "nailed it !!". Bring it back, I say,,, sheeeeit pretty please.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:30 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CopMagnet
Sicker than sick ! I can see the 4th and 2nd gen in this. Someone should get this to GM, and slam in the C7 engine and suspension.
Looks like a modified Soltice to me.... ?

Mike

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?