Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here

Hey guys, I'm new to the site. I just picked up my first f-body, a beautiful '98 black on black WS6 T/A with 41k original miles on it. I have had multiple Pontiacs through the years but have always craved a T/A.

I live in Clackamas and work in Gresham. I will try to make it to some of the events coming up.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carguyJW
Hey guys, I'm new to the site. I just picked up my first f-body, a beautiful '98 black on black WS6 T/A with 41k original miles on it. I have had multiple Pontiacs through the years but have always craved a T/A.

I live in Clackamas and work in Gresham. I will try to make it to some of the events coming up.
Welcome man! Nice find. Looking forward to meeting.

Todd
Old 08-01-2013, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by carguyJW

Come on out to Kahneetah this Saturday. I need another WS6 to roll with.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:29 AM

I would like to go, but I have 2 separate events I have to oversee for work.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Bad news. Got caught up trying to get new tags, they looked under my car when they weren't supposed to and saw I have no cats. I even went to Sherwood yesterday but my car is in the system for being modified. Time to make a purchase on frozenboost. Anyone know of a shop that will weld in fake cats? Or have em in stock for cheap?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 126 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by SsSteven
Bad news. Got caught up trying to get new tags, they looked under my car when they weren't supposed to and saw I have no cats. I even went to Sherwood yesterday but my car is in the system for being modified. Time to make a purchase on frozenboost. Anyone know of a shop that will weld in fake cats? Or have em in stock for cheap?
I used to go to Tigard Exhaust and they would do that stuff, its closed but I think they are now Sherwood Exhaust. Might try calling them. I was just dealing with the smog police this last week and found out I no longer have to pass an inspection on my cars because I moved to Newberg If you don't have any luck with shops PM me I've got some other places I know. Or I own a welder...
Jess
Old 08-01-2013, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks man. Dont know if Oregon is different or not but here in Wa if you can produce a receipt showing you tried to get the car to pass and it cost more than (I think) 250.00 then you get the green light and can still register the vehicle.

Mike
Old 08-01-2013, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exhaust Specialties off Belmont Street. The guys over there could careless about much of anything.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the suggestions guys and gal. I may even take off my y pipe and bring it to a place to have it cut and welded so that way they are not technically putting a fake cat on the car.

I'm not sure about that here in oregon mike, I'm gonna have to look it up.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

damn, that sucks man. no smog down in my area of oregon. i think most modded cars dont have cats here. i seriously think thats the first mod every civic owner does

id just go find a cat converter house and have that welded over the pipe.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

I've heard of California guys taking the factory catalytic converters and just hollowing them out. It looks like you have cats, but they're empty. This, of course, requires tuning.

In other news, I just purchased this kit.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/7626/1...lb-bottle.html
Old 08-04-2013, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Steve, hollowed out cats make great expansion chambers.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

Will somebody start posting again so it doesn't look like freegin CopMagnet all kindsa over tech? Lol.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 126 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by CopMagnet
Will somebody start posting again so it doesn't look like freegin CopMagnet all kindsa over tech? Lol.
Here you go!

In other news I moved to Newberg and now I have a garage for both the cars. Pics coming sometime, still cleaning and fixing the place up a little. I kind of wish the garage was larger but isn't that always the case? At least its long enough for my cars, most of the newer houses I looked at had short little garages and my cars would never have fit.
Jessica
Old 08-22-2013, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 78_elky
Here you go!

In other news I moved to Newberg and now I have a garage for both the cars. Pics coming sometime, still cleaning and fixing the place up a little. I kind of wish the garage was larger but isn't that always the case? At least its long enough for my cars, most of the newer houses I looked at had short little garages and my cars would never have fit.
Jessica
Congrats Jess, it's been a long time comin for ya. Always nice to have a deep enough garage, lol. Now all the fools will come out. Har, har. Still looking for gainfully work as a maintenance tech. ***** irritating. Congrats on the house.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Teching In

hey peeps, just joined a few days ago (thanks for the invite and info copmagnet). I actually live across the street from him for now in Hillsboro. Just saying hi and plan on getting to know yall in the future when I get more time.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FormulaDre
hey peeps, just joined a few days ago (thanks for the invite and info copmagnet). I actually live across the street from him for now in Hillsboro. Just saying hi and plan on getting to know yall in the future when I get more time.
Welcome aboard man....

Mike
Old 08-26-2013, 09:21 PM
12 Second Club

Well, sold the Camaro on sat. It was bitter sweet but it had to go. Closed a chapter in the book, and now going to open a new one! The ole Camaro and I have been through a ton and it never let me down! Im gonna miss it...
Old 08-26-2013, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

I wanna say congrats,,,,,but, I dunno. It's all about you and your wife. I'm sure you'll get another one later down the road. Sure would've liked to have been in a better spot. I would've bought it. Stay in touch bra.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Damn that does suck man.. But it's for the better and I'm with Chris as you will get another or even a vette..you better stay in touch buddy!!!!

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?