Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

seattle area

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seattle area

hey whats up yall, i live in houston tex but i am planning on moving out to the seattle area in the future. Can anyone fill me in on what the scene is like out there. where all the good hang out spots, the drag strips, ect. you know anything you would ant to know if you were moving to a new place. thanks alot any info will be great.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a great view

This was last week. it has dropped over a foot on top of that

Old 12-25-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The two main tracks around here are Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA and Bremerton Motorsports Park in Bremerton, WA. Pacific has a lot more going on, but Bremerton tends to be the place to get better 1/4 mile times(opinions vary).

South of Seattle is less expensive and closer to both tracks. North of Seattle is closer to Ellis and all that white stuff he posted about. (We got about 8" total over the last two weeks down here in Kent.)

Do you already have a job lined up? If so, try to find a place near your work. Commuting around here sucks big time. It's worth paying a little more in rent/mortgage to stay within 15 miles or so of work.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:06 AM

yeah i have friends up there and they said there getting hammered with snow. i dont have a job lined up at the moment i am just trying to feel it out a little you know what i mean. how is the street scene out there? thanks for everything!!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The street scene up here can not even compare to the way it is in Texas, all ive seen is Chicks driving gt's guys with 6 bangers and ur typical fleet of Ricers, but can wait till summer comes and see what roles out. Hit me up when u get up here im from Houston as well.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your in for a suprise.. seattle is full of granola-tree huggers.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Go down to any of the waterfronts on a sunny weekend ulll be suprised to see the nice cars that get out. Alot of trucks, mustangs, ricers. Dont be suprised either if it rains more than its sunny too. But take advantage of the nice days cuz they are beautiful when its sunny out.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Wondering why anyone would leave Houston for Seattle, but welcome aboard if you do.

The main reasons I say that, think about:
Traffic
Cost of living
Sun
Dare I say.. Sports!

Flame suit on. Despite these nuisances, I still love it here.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
Wondering why anyone would leave Houston for Seattle, but welcome aboard if you do.

The main reasons I say that, think about:
Traffic
Cost of living
Sun
Dare I say.. Sports!

Flame suit on. Despite these nuisances, I still love it here.
You are talking about highschool sports right? Cause I am not sure if there are any pro-sports in Washington...
Old 12-27-2008, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by LS1PUNK
The street scene up here can not even compare to the way it is in Texas, all ive seen is Chicks driving gt's guys with 6 bangers and ur typical fleet of Ricers, but can wait till summer comes and see what roles out. Hit me up when u get up here im from Houston as well.
i will for sure, i cant tell you a date when i will be there but i am going. and i do know about the rain and what not, i lived in bellingham for 7 years and the traffic thing couldnt be any worse than houston. it took me a hour and a half to get to work at my old job here and i am more than likely going to go back to it since i was just laid off from the job that i though was going to be more secure... funny how that worked out.

The scenery is one of the main reasons why i want to back to that area of the country. I wont be moving there until after school depending weather or not i transfere up there befor then.

Thanks for all the info and what not. i am hoping i dont get there and have it seem like im the only cammin out car running around.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:53 PM

Hey man this is anthony

Looking forward to cruising!
Old 12-29-2008, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
Well for me the Navy put me here, dear god do i wish to be back in Houston though.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Launching!

Not too get on anyone's bad side but I've visited Kent a few times and all over the Seattle area as well and you gotta be nuts to live out there with the traffic. I would shoot myself before moving out that way!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ROWDYZ28
Not too get on anyone's bad side but I've visited Kent a few times and all over the Seattle area as well and you gotta be nuts to live out there with the traffic. I would shoot myself before moving out that way!
LOL the funny thing is everyone that comes here says "It's not as bad as where I came from" but it does not take tham long to figure out where they came from people could drive!

It does not usually snow much on this side. Right now it is reminding me of Yakima..except people still can not drive
Old 12-30-2008, 08:23 PM

im just saying its not that bad because where i lived befor houston there was 1 in every 3 cars on the road had no insurance and now i live in houston and when i worked for icon it took me a hour and a half to get there and a hour and a half to get home with no traffic. I still love it up there and i still want to move, im sure no matter where you go it has its downs and ups