Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Man VS. Wild In Oregon/Idaho

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Man VS. Wild In Oregon/Idaho

I love the the outdoors so I'm kinda hyper about tonight's show. Bear's getting dropped off in Hell's Canyon on the Idaho side and making his way over to Oregon. Channel 707 @ 7 and 11 Comcast
Old 01-26-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

i cant stand that guy he is a fake in every sense of the word. Sorry to say that but i really like survivor man a lot more. Hope you enjoy it though.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Banned

You are going off what you read a while back huh? Don't believe the hype man Survivor Man is pretty good. Two different shows... Bear is a little more entertaining and hardcore IMO.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to call eating a gigantic maggot fake then....yeah I guess so.

Yeah I always knew all this stuff is staged, but it is entertaining to watch him eat some **** that noone starving or not would ever eat.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
You are going off what you read a while back huh? Don't believe the hype man Survivor Man is pretty good. Two different shows... Bear is a little more entertaining and hardcore IMO.
The dude is a joke.. And you think he is hardcore??? How can someone be hardcore when he has a camera crew follow him every where he goes?

Originally Posted by firehawk618
If you want to call eating a gigantic maggot fake then....yeah I guess so.

Yeah I always knew all this stuff is staged, but it is entertaining to watch him eat some **** that noone starving or not would ever eat.
Are you talking about Les Stroud???

This dude is by FAR more superior than Bear would ever hope to be..

And yes it is all staged to a point.. But Man vs Wild is more of a setup show than the damn Real World.. ha ha.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya he is entertaining but i will give my reasons for not liking him.

1. he showed a bear print on a tree and there was bark cut out where the pad was. I mean how can a bears pad tear bark off a tree?

2. he does things that are flat out stupid and if someone (a real person trying to survive) did not have a camera crew to get them out they would be dead if they injured themselves like baer did when he broke his arm or whatever.

3. i saw him take off running and go sliding down a slope because he saw a bear print. lol if he only knew the range bears cover.

4. the things he builds, that the perfect tipi made out of perfect size and length sticks that would take someone forever to find. or that above water thing in florida he made in a tree that also would have taken forever to make. or the raft when he was on the island.

Honestly i think the show is a complete joke and it is very entertaining i would almost never take it serious.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=crazylane;10929550]The dude is a joke.. And you think he is hardcore??? How can someone be hardcore when he has a camera crew follow him every where he goes?

Let's see you get out there and do half the **** he does...you wouldn't. I take his show with a grain of salt but to say everything is staged is B.S. The guy can swim and climb like a champ.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Ha ha I would LOVE to be able to do what he does.... Hell I would do it for less than half the amount that guy gets paid for. Without the help of a camera crew(Les Shroud).

Growing up in small cow town of 2k people my hole life. There really wasn't that much to do... Except **** like this.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 180ls1
ya he is entertaining but i will give my reasons for not liking him.

1. he showed a bear print on a tree and there was bark cut out where the pad was. I mean how can a bears pad tear bark off a tree?

2. he does things that are flat out stupid and if someone (a real person trying to survive) did not have a camera crew to get them out they would be dead if they injured themselves like baer did when he broke his arm or whatever.

3. i saw him take off running and go sliding down a slope because he saw a bear print. lol if he only knew the range bears cover.

4. the things he builds, that the perfect tipi made out of perfect size and length sticks that would take someone forever to find. or that above water thing in florida he made in a tree that also would have taken forever to make. or the raft when he was on the island.

Honestly i think the show is a complete joke and it is very entertaining i would almost never take it serious.
Lol...he does pull off some stupid shi* sometimes. Like I said, he's more of an entertainer then Les. He's got some talent regardless and watching him eat some of the stuff he comes across, well that's almost worth watching by itself
Old 01-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by crazylane
Ha ha I would LOVE to be able to do what he does.... Hell I would do it for less than half the amount that guy gets paid for. Without the help of a camera crew(Les Shroud).

Growing up in small cow town of 2k people my hole life. There really wasn't that much to do... Except **** like this.
Get out there then man Even getting paid half of what Bear does you could go pay cash towards a couple different color Z06
Old 01-26-2009, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

You are right about some of the stuff he does. It is entertaining..

But hey check out Les Stroud's site. He is going to be in Seattle, Showing off the SPOT!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

Get out there then man Even getting paid half of what Bear does you could go pay cash towards a couple different color Z06
Lmao.. No ****.. Or get my burnt SS fixed... lmao
Old 01-26-2009, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

lol... bear is entertaining but Les > Bear any day of the week.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Junkie

BEAR GRILLS IS A DAMN SHAME! he doesnt have crap on survivorman!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if any of you think you are more hardcore than bear. go join the SAS like he did and see how well you fare. look up his stats on wikipedia. the dude is a badass.

Everest

In 1998, Grylls achieved his childhood dream, and a Guinness World Record (since surpassed), as the youngest Briton, at 23, to summit Mount Everest, just eighteen months after breaking his back. However, James Allen, an Australian/British climber who ascended Everest in 1995 with an Australian team, but who has dual citizenship, beat him to the summit at age 22.[22]. The expedition led by former SAS officer Neil Laughton and including childhood friend Mick Crosthwaite, involved nearly three months on Everest's southeast face, from his first reconnaissance climb on which he fell in a crevasse and was knocked unconscious, regaining consciousness to find himself swinging on the end of a rope, to the grueling ascent that took him past extreme weather, fatigue, dehydration, last-minute illness, sleep deprivation and almost running out of oxygen inside the death zone
Old 01-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by crazylane
You are right about some of the stuff he does. It is entertaining..

But hey check out Les Stroud's site. He is going to be in Seattle, Showing off the SPOT!

The only difference between Bear and Les is, Bear gets a cuddle buddy at night and Les doesn't..j/k! Yeah I will check that out. I watch them both for the most part.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jsteele90
if any of you think you are more hardcore than bear. go join the SAS like he did and see how well you fare. look up his stats on wikipedia. the dude is a badass

dude.. he has a camera crew with him. I dont care what he did in the SAS. Ive seen bear grilZ get help from his camera man one time when he fell down a hole. Surivor man doesnt have help.... PERIOD!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did the survivor man ever climb everest when he was 23? 18 months after breaking is back?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Banned

Wow what did I start? LMAO!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jsteele90
did the survivor man ever climb everest when he was 23? 18 months after breaking is back?
no but we are not bashing his accomplishments but more of how fake his show is. I mean the guy of that caliber should be embarassed to be on that show doing the things he does or what the show makes him do i guess.

Quick Reply: Man VS. Wild In Oregon/Idaho