Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same as the welder situation. LOL
Old 03-30-2009, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got some new brake lines bent up and installed. Tried to get the old ones to work, and they would have "worked", but they looked like **** so I bent up some new ones. Also fabbed up a little aluminum bracket to hold the Tee fitting in place. Pics to come shortly.

Now the calipers look like hell compared to the rest lol... It's a vicious circle once you make some thing look decent, it tends to make everything around it look crappy haha.... Will it end......?

Mike
Old 04-08-2009, 10:31 PM
11 Second Club

I finally got around to uploading the install pics from my camera so here's some more.....

This is a bracket I fabbed up for the Tee fitting for the brakes.

I bent up some new hard lines for the brakes. The stock ones were pretty ragged looking. What can I say, I'm kinda picky.

The Strange 'S' Case with the final gear settings and billet yoke installed.

Adjusting the panhard rod for the side-to-side clearance for the 315's.

That's it for now.

Mike
Old 04-09-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

315's are gonna look sick not to mention the traction! Very nice setup looks like its almost there so you can come join the crew and scare alot of prius drivers too lol
Old 04-09-2009, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks man. I am getting really antsy to drive the car again. I mean REALLY bad lol..... After some major setbacks, it's finally going to be back in business. Can't wait to roll with you guys this summer.

Mike
Old 04-10-2009, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Thanks man. I am getting really antsy to drive the car again. I mean REALLY bad lol..... After some major setbacks, it's finally going to be back in business. Can't wait to roll with you guys this summer.

Mike
That's one HELL of a Job bro I can see those front tires coming of the ground with no trouble..Very nice
Old 04-13-2009, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tmoney223
That's one HELL of a Job bro I can see those front tires coming of the ground with no trouble..Very nice
Thanks man. Haha,, I wish it were that easy to yank the tires man. Still a long way to go before that even comes close to being a reality.

Mike
Old 04-13-2009, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Thanks man. Haha,, I wish it were that easy to yank the tires man. Still a long way to go before that even comes close to being a reality.

Mike
All you need is 4.56 gears and some wrinkle walls in the back.. you have the rear end to support the power. look at that vid of that Trans Am full bolt ons thats it!! (well of course the rear end and gears)
Old 04-13-2009, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tmoney223
All you need is 4.56 gears and some wrinkle walls in the back.. you have the rear end to support the power. look at that vid of that Trans Am full bolt ons thats it!! (well of course the rear end and gears)
LOL,,, I'd be willing to bet he has alot, and I mean ALOT of time tuning that suspension to bite like that. It really is a science tuning the suspension to hook that hard. And you're correct, I do have the right components now, just need the time/money to do it.

Mike
Old 04-15-2009, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

did u get teh case from QP or did you get it from ebay. i have found full set ups with an "N" case of some sort. just really wasnt sure though.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by shannon french
did u get teh case from QP or did you get it from ebay. i have found full set ups with an "N" case of some sort. just really wasnt sure though.
QP does sell parts from an eBay store also. I originally contacted them through eBay, but I got a better deal by purchasing multiple parts together and going through QP directly. So to answer your question, yes I bought the center section from QP. The only thing I didn't buy from QP was the gears and Detroit Locker.

Mike
Old 04-16-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just bought my 35 spline detroit locker yesterday and won the bid on some gears today, and I am talking with the guy I won the gears from about bumping down the shipping a little if I buy a pinion yoke from him. I am pretty sure I am going with the QP housing and they have a pretty good deal on an S-case with pinion support and bearings
Old 04-17-2009, 11:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
Just bought my 35 spline detroit locker yesterday and won the bid on some gears today, and I am talking with the guy I won the gears from about bumping down the shipping a little if I buy a pinion yoke from him. I am pretty sure I am going with the QP housing and they have a pretty good deal on an S-case with pinion support and bearings
I have heard from some people that the price on the QP housing is going up. When you get ready to purchase, you might want to ask them if they'll price match the price I got mine for. I paid 875.00 for the housing/Moser axles/bearings and torqure arm bracket. That was before shipping costs.

The S Case is a good piece from what I've heard. Should reliably hold up to 800hp with no issues.

Mike

Quick Reply: Ford 9" - 'Quick Performance' Housing