Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

2008 Z06 Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by potac
Go with the George's TT kit. I am still sporting wood after riding in Mark's... and that was "only" 700rwhp.
When I drove it she was still dancing when I stood on it at 120Mph!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tjwong
Its actually a mess right now! I am swamped and have no time to clean up after myself, I just took two more orders for AA Corvettes blower kits! I can't beleive this, I am glad someone has some cash!! I still can't decide on if I want a AA kit for my car, a Maggie TVS 2300 or Georges TTIx twin turbo kit for my car. A blower is much easier than a TT kit but a TT kit gives me adjustability from a "mild" 700+ on pump gas all the way to 1000+ on race fuel and or meth. which way should I go, bad thing is that I am so busy I may never get to do my own Z
LOL..WOW you must never want to lose a race huh!?! Well if you consider that shop dirty then you could probably eat off the floors when it's clean

I say if you do one of the two go TTIx. To be able to adjust it from "MILD LOL yeah real mild" to wild would be pretty awesome. And hats off to you for staying so busy during this down time.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were to do my build all over again i'd go with turbo myself.

S/C is sweet, don't get me wrong but I LOVE the turbo whistle, and the easy adjustability cannot be beat IMO!
Old 02-28-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

The machine shop I use is in Portland, they have been in business for over 50 years. I personally have been doing business with them on and off since 1979, and lately they have been doing all my engines. They are currently working on 2 LS7 builds for me now. And have built 6 in the last 2 years all of which has turned out great. They are not the cheapest in town by no means, he is one of the most meticulous machinists I know. A Corvette forum member that lives in your area and is a Boeing employee is bringing his LT4 down to have my machnist do the final fit up and assembly. I would think that there would be some decent machine shops in the SEA-TAC area. George at TT Inc should know someone in that area, I know George builds seveal LS engines thoughout the year so he must have someone in your area. If you want to use my machinist I can PM you with their contact info.
Tom, can you pm me the info? Im curious on the price as well
Old 02-28-2009, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

TTiX all day long, from mild to wild. One question though what would be wrong with an on demand meth injection system?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:38 AM
FormerVendor

Default Z06 is finally done and goes home

Here it is back in the shop:

Engine back on the engine stand

Flywheel locking tool to allow 240 FT/lbs of torque to be applied to the balancer bolt

Installing and setting up torque measurement on the ATI 8 Rib Balancer

Blower mock up and view of the YSI blower inlet and its LARGE Impeller

RPS Billet Carbon Twin Disk Clutch

RPS Billet Clutch Installed

Jeez this has been a long project but I can now say I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Boost actuated fuel system in place

And Finally:

Finally Freds car is complete. After some issues with a fuel rail leaking. We replaced it with a set of very high quality Aeromotive fuel rails. The quality was impressive as these were all CNC machined and anodized red, which just happens to be the favored color of choice.

Frontal view before hood installation

Left view notice nice new RED MSD coils

Right view fuel rails fit like OEM supplied rails

Hood back on the car

Special made engine compartment plague.

Door jam plague

Attached is an uploadable dyno sheet:

The car made nearly 660hp on a very conservative tune at 5500 RPM. There is much more in it when it hits the engine redline. Boost was at a modest 8 PSI when she hits 7000 RPM there should be right at 12 PSI and over 700hp. The engine is already at nearly 800 FWHP, seeing how the blower is using around 100 hp from the engine to drive the blower, couple that with about 15% powertrain losses and we are over 800. It was a fun project but I am very glad to see Fred driving off with a smile on his face.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fred Perra 043009.pdf (30.3 KB, 138 views)
Old 05-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Came together really nice. Looks a lot different from when I saw it last. Good work Tom.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice job Tom. Those other fuel rails turned out nice.

Mike
Old 05-01-2009, 09:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Nice job Tom. Those other fuel rails turned out nice.

Mike
Hi Mike, yes the Aeromotive rails were a perfect mate to the engine. They looked and fitted perfect for the application. I have the polished units here, Fred left them as a gift, not sure what I will do with those leaking b**tards
Old 05-01-2009, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Very nice! It looks great. Nice work. What did you use for the valvetrain, specifically the rocker arms? Factory or aftermarket?
Old 05-02-2009, 12:01 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1Bad'66
Very nice! It looks great. Nice work. What did you use for the valvetrain, specifically the rocker arms? Factory or aftermarket?
I used GM rocker arms but had them modified by Harlan Sharp. They replace the trunions with a 8620 induction hardened steel trunion and replace the needle bearings with high quality bearings and they are captured so that they can't spit the needles out the side. On a street application such as this there is no need for modifying the heads to accept a set of high dollar shaft rockers. Maybe a set of aftermarket roller tip jobs like what Yella Terra offers or a set of Harlan Sharps but like I mentioned there is absolutely nothing wrong with running a GM designed peice.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
When I drove it she was still dancing when I stood on it at 120Mph!
730rwhp now thanks to George and Dr. Phil......

It's kooky fast!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

I used GM rocker arms but had them modified by Harlan Sharp. They replace the trunions with a 8620 induction hardened steel trunion and replace the needle bearings with high quality bearings and they are captured so that they can't spit the needles out the side. On a street application such as this there is no need for modifying the heads to accept a set of high dollar shaft rockers. Maybe a set of aftermarket roller tip jobs like what Yella Terra offers or a set of Harlan Sharps but like I mentioned there is absolutely nothing wrong with running a GM designed peice.

Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: 2008 Z06 Build