Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

New TTiX project in the works

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 12:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TTiX project in the works

Man I have been swamped so swamped I haven't even been logged in here for a long time. Here are some pictures of what I am working on now. I am about to install a TTiX system into a 08 Z06. The engine is an all forged LS7, with Darton ductile iron sleeves, Oliver billet rods, custom Arias 2618 forged pistons, Callies 4340 crank, reworked LS7 heads with Ferrea SuperAlloy exhaust valves, and a billet steel main line girdle.

The TTiX kit is equipped with Precision Turbos new dual ceramic ball bearing turbos with billet compressor wheels. The plans are to keep this on the conservative side of things with about 1000 FWHP on a high boost setting of 15 PSI, on the springs George says we should hit 750 easily with these new turbos.

Here are a few pictures of the project:

Custom auxillary fuel system with bulkhead installed into GM tank

Old 10-07-2009, 08:16 AM
9 Second Club

Very nice,
Old 10-07-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! Very impressive stuff Tom! Looks like you have alot of nice vettes in there ready for a makeover!! I wish I could see some of your cars in action though. Were do they all hide after your done with em?
Old 10-12-2009, 02:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by zlicious94
WOW! Very impressive stuff Tom! Looks like you have alot of nice vettes in there ready for a makeover!! I wish I could see some of your cars in action though. Were do they all hide after your done with em?
Most of them are from out of state. This one however can be found locally. He will be street racing at Vancouver Lake for sure, well depends if I get it done before winter rains start
Old 10-12-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tjwong
Most of them are from out of state. This one however can be found locally. He will be street racing at Vancouver Lake for sure, well depends if I get it done before winter rains start
Cool! I love racing at the lake but people get mad when you tell em you race anywhere besides the track lol. I will look for him for sure.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Wow!!! That looks sick Tom!! What would a pkg cost like that? Just wondering. And I wanted to say thanks again for selling me those pushrods from about a month1/2 ago, you were the only one who had them.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:06 AM
FormerVendor

Default Update

Well its going slower than I had thought it was going to go. Some minor fitment issues, 30 mins here, 20 mins there, soon its a hours. However I am pretty close the engine is back on the cradle, the drivetrain is in place on the cradle as well and ready to couple up. I still have some plumbing left to do such as running the wastegate signal lines, fuel feed and return lines, turbo exhaust to finalize. Here are some updated pictures.

Engine back on the cradle

Reworked pstrg cooler, pressure lines

Additional heat shielding for wiring protection

RPS Triple disc carbon clutch and QuickTime performance scatter shield

Upgraded half shafts made of 300M steel, upgraded prop shaft and urethane prop shaft couplers. FIY 300M steel is the same alloy that is used to build aircraft landing gear on commercial airliners. Those two half shafts were $2300
Old 10-24-2009, 11:12 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Wow!!! That looks sick Tom!! What would a pkg cost like that? Just wondering. And I wanted to say thanks again for selling me those pushrods from about a month1/2 ago, you were the only one who had them.
Hmm that is a good question, if you wanted just the turbo package with the high end dual ball bearing and billet compressor wheel turbo upgrades with the turbo kit, it runs around 10k, the engine work parts, engine shop labor, darton sleeves ran around 13k, the drivetrain upgrades, including the RPM Level 5 transmission, upgraded rear diff with 300M steel output shafts, torq biasing Qauife diff, 300M half shafts, 1000hp rated Prop shaft and couplings ran a bit over 11k out back, the triple disc RPM clutch was around 3k, the aux fuel system, meth injection system will run a bit over 2k, the Corsa exhaust system was one of the cheaper parts at 2k

And after all of that you have to add my labor to install all of it, and its still adding up, likely its going to end up around 4 to 5k
Old 10-25-2009, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

OMG!!! Lmao!!! Did I add that up right? It's about 46k for everything.. And it looks Gooood.. Awsome job can't wait to see it run if I get the chance
Old 10-28-2009, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great Tom! That ****'s waaaay too rich for my blood though. To me, seeing these kind of cars are kinda like watching Formula One racing. They're cool to watch for about 30 seconds, and I can certainly appreciate the efforts. But I can't relate to anything those cars are doing and I can't even afford one of their steering wheels. I'd much rather watch some grass roots door slammers racing on a 1/4 mile track.

That's just me though....

Mike
Old 10-28-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would have just bought a ZR1 and called it good lol!!
Old 10-31-2009, 10:49 AM
FormerVendor

I started the engine last night around 10pm, with an audience of my customers watching. It was a good thing that it started and ran even with a base cal for the engine she purred like a kitten, well maybe roared a little like a tiger kitten.

I can tell this thing is going to be a beast, the throttle response was excellent considering that the engine cal was just something I "threw" together just to start it up for the owner.

Here are a few updated pictures:

Hydro testing the fuel system for leaks. Basically I manually charged the fuel system with the auxillary pump and made absolutely sure that the fuel system had no leaks and that the check valve system I installed was holding pressure.

Exhaust system connected

Intercooler discharge connected

Relocated oil cooler

Right side inlet

Left side inlet

I would have just bought a ZR1 and called it good lol!!
This thing is going to lay waste to a new ZR1

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Looks great Tom! That ****'s waaaay too rich for my blood though. To me, seeing these kind of cars are kinda like watching Formula One racing. They're cool to watch for about 30 seconds, and I can certainly appreciate the efforts. But I can't relate to anything those cars are doing and I can't even afford one of their steering wheels. I'd much rather watch some grass roots door slammers racing on a 1/4 mile track.

That's just me though....

Mike
I can relate as well, whileI would like to do the same to my car, and I am planning something....I can't afford to do what my customer has done, even with me doing all the work and getting everything at my cost. I can come close to what he has done, but I can't afford all the drivetrain mods, and the bad thing is that RPM is telling me that if I do this, it will be a must to replace the T56 tranny in my car as it will NOT hold up to the TTiX kit even at its low boost setting. I can make it live with the rear diff modded with 300M output shafts and use the C5 axle shafts which are tougher than the C6 axles, and add the better prop shaft. Even doing it this way the rear drivetrain parts will cost me a small fortune, while I could do it, my wife would probably kill me if she were to find out about it

Last edited by tjwong; 10-31-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

As much as I love big hp I really would like to see that Z06 get it to the ground!! Dam I could only ever afford to do that kinda build on forza 3 lol!!
When is the dyno? Or did you already do it and if so whats the #'s?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

Dam I could only ever afford to do that kinda build on forza 3 lol!!
you and me both bro!

Excellent work TJ she's a work of art! If only I had more cash!
Old 11-03-2009, 12:34 AM
FormerVendor

What a wiring nightmare, I gotta wire in a E Boost street boost controller with two control valves, EGT gauge, boost gauge, a Meth injection system that some love but I feel is way too complicated for what its going to do. All in all there are a LOT of wires and pnuematic lines to run, some into the passenger compartment and the rest out in the engine bay.

Fabbed a bracket to mount the meth pump onto the frame

Pump mounted onto new bracket

Wastegate control hoses

One of two wiring penetrations into the passenger compartment

Maybe onto the dyno for some tuning late tomorrow. I still have to install and wire in the gauges, and the meth system inside the car and mount the new gauge pod.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:16 PM
FormerVendor

Default Job done

Car was tuned today and the engine break in on the dyno was completed. The car made nearly 800 RWHP @ 13 PSI of boost with hight intake charge temps which reduced power.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Corvette.../0/tvHln1fssEc

A friend videoed one of the runs today.

Here are a few shots of the completed engine bay:

Right turbo barely visible

Left turbo basically invisible
Old 11-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Teching In

nice....clean install...i would love to see that thing go WOT

Quick Reply: New TTiX project in the works