Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Good Seattle / Eastside body shop?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 07:21 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Good Seattle / Eastside body shop?

Well, it looks like I've hit a roadblock in getting my car fixed up... I wanted to get it in to a body shop next week.

So I go to the shop I've been using for years... same people that fixed my Trans Am.. did an awesome job.. So I pull up, it's like 4pm and they stay open much later... Closed sign in the window... no lights on... parking lot is pretty empty. Try calling the phone number on the window.. it doesn't ring.

So I did a little searching on the internet... found out that the owner had sold the business to another party, who ran it into the ground.. and now they seem to be out of business.

That leaves me with about a week to find a body shop who can do the work cleanly enough that I can have the car ready to show in like 10 weeks.

Anyone know a shop that does great work and doesn't take forever?
Old 03-03-2005, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno what their backlog is but when I worked at Phil Smart Mercedes the only body shop we recommended in the area was Metro Auto Rebuild

1510 Melrose Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
206-623-6336

The guy I had talked to about my car was Ryan. Dunno how much it'd be though. If I remember right one of the guys there has done f-bodies before.

Oh and if it helps... Metro Auto Rebuild is one of the few Mercedes Benz USA Authorized Body Shops in Washington.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:44 PM
12 Second Club

When I had my hood repainted I went to Moslanders street rod's in Monroe and was very pleased, but I was on a waiting list for several months.

You might consider waiting until after the show. On one hand you want your car to look it's best for the show, however you are going to drive cross country, hate to have paint work done then pick up stone chips from the trip.

Sounds like a fun trip enjoy.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:57 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Problem is if I don't paint it, I'm not going to drive it... I don't want to show it with the nose banged up.. I would much rather get it fixed now.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Zeke I know you are looking close to your place but Dan & I use Bernies in Olympia they did the strip job on his car & it turned out great. They also did the repair job on the 00 GTP after the portable garage fell on them.

They are pretty competitivly priced.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

I highly recommend Ken's Redmond Auto Body. I have known them for decades (litterally). They are a bit higher priced, but the work they do is absolutely the best around. And let's face it, you really do get what you pay for.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:43 AM
Launching!

there is this shop over here in bellevue that does a lot of exotics and such if you want i will stop and get the number on my way to work for ya
Old 03-04-2005, 06:28 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by CATransam
there is this shop over here in bellevue that does a lot of exotics and such if you want i will stop and get the number on my way to work for ya
I wanna check out a few options, so that would be helpful. I need someone who can make the car look nice and not get overspray all over the place.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:56 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by rookiels1
I dunno what their backlog is but when I worked at Phil Smart Mercedes the only body shop we recommended in the area was Metro Auto Rebuild

1510 Melrose Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
206-623-6336

The guy I had talked to about my car was Ryan. Dunno how much it'd be though. If I remember right one of the guys there has done f-bodies before.

Oh and if it helps... Metro Auto Rebuild is one of the few Mercedes Benz USA Authorized Body Shops in Washington.
Gonna go check them out after work tonight.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

I'm a I-car certified Autobody tech. Ellis knows me from when I worked at 405 collision in Kirkland and use to drive what is now Boyce's car. Anyways I now work at ARA collision in N. Seattle. We can help you out if need be.

Quick Reply: Good Seattle / Eastside body shop?