Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

My car made it into the 11s!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005 | 01:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Default My car made it into the 11s!

I guess not lifting really does work for faster times.

The car ran an 11.921 @ 116.27mph on it's last pass of the evening... 1.70 60' time.

Very happy with the results, even if I gotta thank Jason (sardog) for them... at least I know now what the car is capable of with the proper shifting technique.

Still bogs some though coming out of the hole, even when launching off the limiter (7k rpms)... so it looks like a steeper gear is in order. Probably a 4.30 or a 4.56 (running 4.11s now).
Old 06-04-2005 | 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

What????? You let the sardog drive your car and he didn't break it? That's like getting out shot with your own gun. At least you do know how fast you car can be. I saw your sig in the CCC thread and thought wow. But you need to put an asterick by it until you drive it like a madman. Just like Barry Bonds does on his records.
Old 06-04-2005 | 01:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I guess not lifting really does work for faster times.

The car ran an 11.921 @ 116.27mph on it's last pass of the evening... 1.70 60' time.

Very happy with the results, even if I gotta thank Jason (sardog) for them... at least I know now what the car is capable of with the proper shifting technique.

Still bogs some though coming out of the hole, even when launching off the limiter (7k rpms)... so it looks like a steeper gear is in order. Probably a 4.30 or a 4.56 (running 4.11s now).
Its good to hear you know what your car can do and let another driver show that, some people are too afraid to let another driver in their car. Never could figure that one out

Now you just need to practice, it will give you even more to be pleased about after figuring what to do with that bog issue. Did you notice the same thing when you launched it as well?

WTG
Old 06-04-2005 | 02:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ram-it
What????? You let the sardog drive your car and he didn't break it? That's like getting out shot with your own gun. At least you do know how fast you car can be. I saw your sig in the CCC thread and thought wow. But you need to put an asterick by it until you drive it like a madman. Just like Barry Bonds does on his records.
Yeah I know... Ellis and Don B gave me a ribbing about Jason hopping in my car and beating my best time by 2 tenths on his first try. I think it's because I haven't quite been willing to drive it like I don't care if it breaks... but now that I've seen it can do it and survive, well, that's how I'm gonna drive it from now on.

It was also great to hear someone elses impression of my car... and Jason came away thinking the setup is damn good. It's one thing for me to think that because obviously I'm biased, but it's nice to get someone elses take on it.

I know a little of what my friend who's the head mechanic for one of those Harley nitro bike teams must feel getting to see his work go down the track... it was actually very satisfying to see something I planned out and built up work out the way it should. I feel like a proud papa, for sure.
Old 06-04-2005 | 02:53 AM
10 Second Club

I don't know why he is making all this up, "jason" just drove the car like it needs to be driven

I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT

But I will tell you this, That car runs real well.. I think it has alot more in it, I think with a 2-3 more passes I could have bumped ryan out of second

That is a killer combo you got jason, now that you know what it will do you just got to make it happen.

Oh and by the way the truck runs a blistering 16.7 I almost feel asleep at the 1/8th
Old 06-04-2005 | 02:54 AM
10 Second Club

Oh yhea that puts you in third
Old 06-04-2005 | 03:20 AM
12 Second Club

Congrats. that's good stuff.

Trending Topics

Old 06-04-2005 | 03:47 AM
10 Second Club

It was a KICK *** RUN!! I knew it was on when the car kick sideways going into second and kept moving the sign of a true pro!

Jason We all said your car was good to go it just needed the !Driver mod Now you have it!

I expect to an 11 or two the next time you have it out!
Old 06-04-2005 | 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Way to go Jason. Nice times in that car of yours. Now I'm going to have to drive my car like I stole it just to keep up. Hey Sardog how about making a pass in my car too ? lol !
Old 06-04-2005 | 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racehead
Way to go Jason. Nice times in that car of yours. Now I'm going to have to drive my car like I stole it just to keep up. Hey Sardog how about making a pass in my car too ? lol !
If we are talking the big block, sign me up
Old 06-04-2005 | 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

That is really awesome Jason! 11's how cool.

7g off the line holy crap!
Old 06-04-2005 | 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Outstanding times Jason(s)!!! You WIN my friend! I knew your car should be more than 1/10th faster than mine with the things you changed. (my car was running 12.25s last night, and Jason-1's best time was 12.14) Now like you said, you've seen what it will do, so go out & do it! #3

Originally Posted by Racehead
I asked Jason 2 if he'd put mine into the 11s but he couldn't figure out how to drive it. He kept stabbing the brake pedal & slamming the car into 1st, then park, than back into 1st. Had this puzzled look on his face too. Poor country boy....I guess he's never seen an AU-TO-MA-TIC before. Pssst, it's got air conditioning too Jason.
Old 06-04-2005 | 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, I wish I could have gone last night. So what did Don do with yours Mark? I also heard Steve got into the 12's but he won't say how far. Did you run the GTO?
Old 06-04-2005 | 01:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Outstanding times Jason(s)!!! You WIN my friend! I knew your car should be more than 1/10th faster than mine with the things you changed. (my car was running 12.25s last night, and Jason-1's best time was 12.14) Now like you said, you've seen what it will do, so go out & do it! #3

I asked Jason 2 if he'd put mine into the 11s but he couldn't figure out how to drive it. He kept stabbing the brake pedal & slamming the car into 1st, then park, than back into 1st. Had this puzzled look on his face too. Poor country boy....I guess he's never seen an AU-TO-MA-TIC before. Pssst, it's got air conditioning too Jason.

Yhea you know us country boys, them new automatics just confuse us.

Hey I got an idea mark, we will put my tranny in your car, make a 11 second pass and then put that automatic back in. Hows that sound?
Old 06-04-2005 | 01:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
It was a KICK *** RUN!! I knew it was on when the car kick sideways going into second and kept moving the sign of a true pro!

Jason We all said your car was good to go it just needed the !Driver mod Now you have it!

I expect to an 11 or two the next time you have it out!
It was very educational watching someone else take the car down the track the way its supposed to be driven. Now that I know how the car needs to be driven to get the performance its capable of, well, now I just gotta practice.

And I'll be shooting to beat Jason's time my next time out...
Old 06-04-2005 | 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
It was very educational watching someone else take the car down the track the way its supposed to be driven. Now that I know how the car needs to be driven to get the performance its capable of, well, now I just gotta practice.

And I'll be shooting to beat Jason's time my next time out...
you better
Old 06-04-2005 | 01:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sardog46
you better
Oh I will... thanks for showing me the way. You da man, that's for sure.
Old 06-04-2005 | 02:15 PM
10 Second Club

On the other hand Jason, your car was pretty consistent the way you drove it. So for CCC races, I'd use that method. For the low ET, drive it like you stole it (aka the sardog method)

Oh, and the GTO ran a new best of 14.25, and the next pass ran 14.49. Not going to replace the TA as my race car, that's for sure!

And Don lost 1st round to Ellis. Got treed by the Groo-master!!! But then as he got the hang of the car, he did better. He took 3rd place in the cash bash. Should have taken 2nd to the Pro Comp car if he was used to launching it. But it ran 12.2x for him all night. He beat a couple fast bikes with it in the cash bash (under 10 second bikes) one of which I got on tape.
Old 06-04-2005 | 02:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
On the other hand Jason, your car was pretty consistent the way you drove it. So for CCC races, I'd use that method. For the low ET, drive it like you stole it (aka the sardog method)
That's true... it ran three 12.1x times with me behind the wheel, and never had an RT worse than .028. So driving it that way, it was pretty damn consistent for an M6.

And I think I'm gonna try to hit a t&t day before the next CCC race so I can drive it the sardog way.
Old 06-04-2005 | 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

That's damn consistent for ANY car!!!

Quick Reply: My car made it into the 11s!