Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Wow, guess what I saw??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005 | 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

Default Wow, guess what I saw??

This may be old news to some people on this forum, but as often as I go to Pacific Raceways, it still dropped my jaw. We went to the TNT last night and as we were driving into the park, an Enzo Ferrari drives by. Now if I have my facts straight, there were somewhere along the lines of 500 made......WORLDWIDE! And to see one come cruising out of Pacific Raceways was a little awe-inspiring. I believe the racing school had just let out due to the amount of cars rolling out. On top of this Enzo, (and I'm positive it was an Enzo), there was also a Porsche Carrera GT. The Porsche that puts out 600+ horsepower. It was just a little surprising to see these rare exotics in our little neck of the woods. I guess I need to get a job where those guys work !
Old 06-09-2005 | 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
This may be old news to some people on this forum, but as often as I go to Pacific Raceways, it still dropped my jaw. We went to the TNT last night and as we were driving into the park, an Enzo Ferrari drives by. Now if I have my facts straight, there were somewhere along the lines of 500 made......WORLDWIDE! And to see one come cruising out of Pacific Raceways was a little awe-inspiring. I believe the racing school had just let out due to the amount of cars rolling out. On top of this Enzo, (and I'm positive it was an Enzo), there was also a Porsche Carrera GT. The Porsche that puts out 600+ horsepower. It was just a little surprising to see these rare exotics in our little neck of the woods. I guess I need to get a job where those guys work !
Submit your application to Microsoft At least that's where some of them work. I once got a ride with a marketing guy who had a Testarossa that he would take to the track. Nice ride but too small
Old 06-09-2005 | 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

You know, if one had the right background experience and the right personality I'd think one could do some powerful networking out there at the track on open lapping days...
Old 06-09-2005 | 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CHarris
You know, if one had the right background experience and the right personality I'd think one could do some powerful networking out there at the track on open lapping days...
I don't know... I don't think you'd make many powerful friends by running their Ferraris off the road course with your Hummer.
Old 06-09-2005 | 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Not looking for powerful friends... just the contacts who can mention your name when good jobs are coming open
Old 06-09-2005 | 12:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I don't know... I don't think you'd make many powerful friends by running their Ferraris off the road course with your Hummer.
Wouldn't that be a Kodak moment to have a Ferrari owner look over at 1/2 track & see a big stupid Hummer hanging with him!
Old 06-09-2005 | 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

That's cool to happen upon those vehicles.........Too bad you couldn't see them on the track. I bet that would be an awe inspiring sight!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 06-09-2005 | 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I couldn't imagine owning something that rare and expensive and taking it to the Race track...thats what you call having more money than you know what to do with.
Old 06-09-2005 | 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

owning a Ferrari isn't a sign of money, taking it threw a local car wash is. My dad told me that a few years ago if you think about it makes sense!
Old 06-09-2005 | 07:41 PM
12 Second Club

If I had the money I wouldn't get one unless it was to take it to the track... I'm a firm believer in driving a car the way it was designed to be.
Old 06-09-2005 | 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rookiels1
If I had the money I wouldn't get one unless it was to take it to the track... I'm a firm believer in driving a car the way it was designed to be.
Then you would wanna be taking it to the road courses, not a drag strip. Italian Exotics are usually made for curves baby, not pure straight line acceleration......although they are awful good at that too.
Old 06-09-2005 | 09:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Then you would wanna be taking it to the road courses, not a drag strip. Italian Exotics are usually made for curves baby, not pure straight line acceleration......although they are awful good at that too.
Corners are what those babies were made for... that and ridiculous top end.

I had a black Ferrari pull up next to me once in Bellevue at a stoplight (Maranello or something to that effect) and I'm thinking... don't try me from dig buddy, don't wanna make you look bad in front of your trophy wife.

Of course, he drove like most of the guys with expensive cars do... sssslllllooooowwwww....
Old 06-09-2005 | 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
I couldn't imagine owning something that rare and expensive and taking it to the Race track...thats what you call having more money than you know what to do with.
A few weeks back when you all went to race the CCC the first time (i think it was the first time) I met a guy who had a rac ready viper-R who bought it that way.........not to mention he had the whole 9-yards. Trailer w/ parts, etc. Nice car.........Lots of dough!!! I wonder what he does for a living?
Old 06-09-2005 | 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rookiels1
I hear ya brother!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2005 | 10:04 PM
12 Second Club

PR has a road course too they'd probably just finished an open lap session or class
Old 06-09-2005 | 10:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Don't get me wrong, it would be fun to run one of those suckers down the 1/4 once or 5 times.......but they were SOOOOO made for a totally different kinda driving..........damn, now I am getting bummed again. I wanna be a gazillionare.
Old 06-09-2005 | 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

Don't get me wrong, it would be fun to run one of those suckers down the 1/4 once or 5 times.......but they were SOOOOO made for a totally different kinda driving..........damn, now I am getting bummed again. I wanna be a gazillionare.
hehe I know but they weren't there for the drag racing I wanna win the lotto... I need to buy some tickets now that I think about it lol
Old 06-10-2005 | 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

There are actually 3 Enzo's in WA alone. And 349 built worldwide. Only 50 to be shipped to the US. My friend sat in that Carrera GT at his work. (Barrier Porsche) Said it was just sooo awesome!
Old 06-10-2005 | 06:19 PM
Launching!

Speaking of WOW cars, as I was pulling out of the parking garage here at work today, during lunch. There was a guy pulling in in his "James Bond" Austin Martin Vanquish. The engine on that car just sounded soo sexy.

Quick Reply: Wow, guess what I saw??