Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Twin superchargers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005 | 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Twin superchargers!!!

Check this out:http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/show...cat=500&page=2

This was done by A&A Corvettes. I am zeroing in on A&A and 21st Century MC (LPE). A&A has a very impressive procharger setup that can net you 600rwhp with a very iffy tune. Normally he likes likes to back things down and leave you with ONLY 520-550rwhp. Way more power than the Magnuson can put out for a cheaper price too. For the same price I can get a complete top end rebuild with cam/heads/headers/tune from LPE that will net 500rwhp. I cannot decide which way I want to go.
Old 06-11-2005 | 12:32 AM
10 Second Club

If you can get away with it........go with TT's. You can up the boost and forge your internals later and gain some serious, serious HP. If I could afford it and chose between any supercahrger and a turbo........the TURBO would have my name all over it. Just my 2 cents though
Old 06-11-2005 | 01:21 AM
10 Second Club

Hell I saw(in person) a near 500RWHP ATI supercharged C-5 with only one Super Charger running out of fuel. The HP drain from Two hurts that is for sure

Last edited by TwoFast4Lv; 06-11-2005 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-11-2005 | 01:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that has to be a joke. one procharger and one vortech? a single F-1 or YSi trim would make more power than a D1 and S Trim (which are shown there).
The heads aren't even bolted down, much less having the pullies align.
Old 06-11-2005 | 08:41 AM
12 Second Club

yeah the parasitic loss from having to drive both of those would be insane. go twin turbo if you want two hairdryers
Old 06-11-2005 | 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

It looks more like a mechanical exercise in "what if" , than the functional application of workable hp mods IMO. That C5 is now more nose heavy than an fbod as well lol ! I'd still like to see a vid of it running however
Old 06-11-2005 | 09:54 AM
10 Second Club

Hmmmm, all I have to offer is LPE KNOWS their **** about Vettes!!!

Trending Topics

Old 06-11-2005 | 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

The twin set-up was just a pic of something A&A is working on. I did not mean for you to think that the twins were putting down 600rwhp. It's their single unit with single intercooler that is doing it. Here's a pic of it: http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/show...cat=500&page=1

And here are the results of an ATI setup from A&A: http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80586

The killer part about this setup is that it can be done and out the door for under $7k. That is awesome!
Old 06-11-2005 | 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

WHOA! This internet is a wonderful thing. I just found out that Kenne Bell will have his setup out for the LS6 in August. Suppose to whip everyone plus be cheaper. I know their 6.0L truck blower cost under $5k. And the best part, to get it all polished only adds $650. Try $1k for the others.
Old 06-11-2005 | 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

The concept of twin superchargers is cool, but the hp that they need from the motor to run sways me towards TT's. Although I've heard/seen some pretty bad *** F/Y-bodies with the Procharger setup!!! Twin superchargers is cool to talk about and see that's for sure. I'd love to see some vids of it racing or a dyno sheet.
Old 06-11-2005 | 05:06 PM
Banned

seen twin prochargers on a nova. built 610 cid rat motor with two prochargers running 7.07 at 201 mph i believe. very cool car.

Nate
Old 06-12-2005 | 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hear all this bullshit about how much power twins will sap an engine off. Just that, bullshit. If you can gain 140rwhp with one then provided you have the setup to support it two will double that. There is no way in hell that this setup can rob anyone of 20rwhp. So why all the crying about it? I just posted a pic that I thought was cool. Never meant to get into a debate about it.
Old 06-12-2005 | 02:03 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ram-it
I hear all this bullshit about how much power twins will sap an engine off. Just that, bullshit. If you can gain 140rwhp with one then provided you have the setup to support it two will double that. There is no way in hell that this setup can rob anyone of 20rwhp. So why all the crying about it? I just posted a pic that I thought was cool. Never meant to get into a debate about it.
It's all good. I'm glad you posted the pic. Its an awesome topic to talk/argue about and have fun with. I personally have never seen anything like that before! Pretty cool................
Old 06-12-2005 | 02:39 AM
10 Second Club

Just to be clear about the "Bull ****" you have obviusly never researched. a Blower usually makes a great deal more HP then you get.

Aw Screw it you are to damn hard headed to open your ears any ways. your right it is all bullshit...

I think three or four would be best
Old 06-12-2005 | 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't be an ***, Ellis. For you I know that's hard. From my research no one truly knows the HP that is lost just to drive the units. True, turbos do not have this loss but that was not the point of this thread. I have seen someone post on here of a twin supercharged truck that made 900hp. I think the reason you do not see these setups is because of costs and space, not efficiency.
Old 06-12-2005 | 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

Since the PSI it's making and the RPM that the blower is turning are both variable, so is the hp loss it's suffering from with it's own parasitic losses. I've rebuilt numerous blowers on the bench in detroit applications and I can tell you that they spin over VERY easily on the bench. Add pressure and volume of airflow and it starts to take alot to move them bitches ! I remember reading that on top fuel cars it takes more hp to turn the blowers than a stock hemi makes

BTW turbo's suffer from losses all their own, but it just adds up to less.

Anyway Ellis is NOT an *******, he's just mis-understood lol !
Old 06-12-2005 | 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

Thank you Bill

I DO get tired of people spouting off about crap they have absolutely no real idea of Now Eric you mouth off in direct reply to me and you expect me to let it slide. Nice dreaming man! I Edited that first reply four times just tring to make sure I did not say any thing to **** you off and you had to be a jack *** any ways.

I will say this. As long as you never make any pressure it takes all most no HP to turn a blower On my blower with only 9PSI it took enough power that it spun the Hub on the Crank shaft! With 14PSI and a new Keyed hub you could see it tring to shear the key

In the 90s they did a test on top fuel Blowers..the real efficent ones. The result were a huge eye opener

Now Bacl to the original Sibject.

The only reason I could see running two blowers(and yes I have thought of it and did the math Ect, ect) is for a show car. Looks WAY cool and draws a crowd. If you want real power look to twin turbo's.

BTW one of the reasons to use different size blowers is they come on at different RPMs. One would give you good TQ down low and the other would feed you better on the top end You used to see this with Turbo's. You are always playing with the terminal RPM on one of the units though and that is the big draw back

SO Eric don't pull my chain and I won't kick you in the ***** fair enough?
Old 06-12-2005 | 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Up yours Ellis! I did not spout off about a goddamn thing here. It was my thread about a cool pic that everyone started jumping on. The only thing I said was that I think all this major power loss with the setup is bullshit. So go screw yourself. And yes Bill, he is an ******* IMHO.
Old 06-12-2005 | 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Holy smokes!! Other than the engine is dirty(which is not allowed here) That looks flipping awesome!!
Old 06-12-2005 | 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Up yours Ellis! I did not spout off about a goddamn thing here. It was my thread about a cool pic that everyone started jumping on. The only thing I said was that I think all this major power loss with the setup is bullshit. So go screw yourself. And yes Bill, he is an ******* IMHO.
Your sure in a lovely mood today...care to tell us how you really feel?