Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Clyde Revord Pontiac???

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clyde Revord Pontiac???

2 weeks ago I made an appt for my rear end to get looked at (the car is still under warranty) at Seaview Pontiac in Lynnwood.....the Service Manager was pretty much a jerk, saying he had "never heard of anything ever going wrong" with a 4th gen F-body rear end. He also mentioned that "your warranty probably won't do you any good as it is probably not covered" How he could tell this from never seeing or hearing the car, I am not sure.....but whatever. Needless to say, I cancelled the appt. & didn't take the car in there.

So today I called Clyde Revord and the guy I talked to in service was AMAZING. He was polite, friendly, found out the year, model and type of trouble I was having and said, "Just bring it in tomorrow, your warranty is good thru September, we should be able to get that taken care of for you no problem." Talk about a completely different feeling. I am actually NOT dreading taking my car in tomorrow just from a 5 minute call with this guy. After explaining briefly the noises it is making, he said "yeah, not a problem, we will fix that right up" and was very friendly about the entire situation.

Anyone ever deal with this place before? Just curious.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I hate it when service techs/managers are jerks... the types that treat you like you obviously know nothing because you had to call **** me off the most.

I want to call up one of those places with a jerk of a service manager just so I can say:

Me: "Hello, I need my car serviced... one of my rocker arms spilled its needle bearings."

Them: "Ok... can you tell me when you noticed a problem?"

Me: "Yes, right after I dumped my clutch at 7k rpms on slicks while on my way down the track, powershifting the whole time. Is this covered?"

Old 06-16-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Veteran

I hear that. The worst part was, I actually went IN to Seaview (since I was just down the road that day) to make the appt......dude was a dick to my face. Maybe I shoulda just gunned him down........
Old 06-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

I have a nightmare story from seaview. I will never go there again.

I've had good luck at Revord, both with my formy and my pre-formy gmc sonoma. Which I bought at Seaview and had the service nightmare with. I still have an outstanding bill there and will never pay it out of spite. To hell with my credit rating.

Kirkland Pontiac is a joke. Don't take anything there either. My rearend is howling like a wolf at a full moon and their diagnosis 2 months ago was: "Normal" "Cannot duplicate howl"
Old 06-16-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
I have a nightmare story from seaview. I will never go there again.

I've had good luck at Revord, both with my formy and my pre-formy gmc sonoma. Which I bought at Seaview and had the service nightmare with. I still have an outstanding bill there and will never pay it out of spite. To hell with my credit rating.

Kirkland Pontiac is a joke. Don't take anything there either. My rearend is howling like a wolf at a full moon and their diagnosis 2 months ago was: "Normal" "Cannot duplicate howl"
Sounds like our rears are making the same noise (please no *** jokes)
Does yours growl at low speeds, especially when cold? I cannot hold a conversation in my car at 60 MPH with the windows UP even it is so damn loud.......and I know it isn't exhaust cuz I push the clutch in and it is just as noisy.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I hear that. The worst part was, I actually went IN to Seaview (since I was just down the road that day) to make the appt......dude was a dick to my face. Maybe I shoulda just gunned him down........
Seaview just sucks in general! I have heard some horror stories out of there too with the service dept. and the the sales staff and mangement pretty much blow. I wouldn't deal with those A#$holes for anything.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Veteran

I remember shortly after the '04 GTOs came out. Seaview had a black A4 in the showroom.....sticker was over $45k I laughed at them when they asked if I wanted to test drive it. I said not when I can get the same car, with a real (manual) tranny for below MSRP. *******.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Sounds like our rears are making the same noise (please no *** jokes)
Does yours growl at low speeds, especially when cold? I cannot hold a conversation in my car at 60 MPH with the windows UP even it is so damn loud.......and I know it isn't exhaust cuz I push the clutch in and it is just as noisy.
no *** jokes?? wtf's up with that? at least ours make noise! not like some of these guys that have silent rears like they've been to jail or playing squat tag in the cucumber patch!

Mine is no where near as loud as yours sounds like. It does growl pretty good at mid throttle. And it's slinging fluid out of the pinion seal. But Kirkland just changed the oil and should have found an oil leak. I figure I'm gonna run mine till it grenades, then there will be no doubt as to if it's faulty or not.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

I remember shortly after the '04 GTOs came out. Seaview had a black A4 in the showroom.....sticker was over $45k I laughed at them when they asked if I wanted to test drive it. I said not when I can get the same car, with a real (manual) tranny for below MSRP. *******.
Seaview had one across the street at Taco Time last summer on a friday night that was as ridiculously priced as well. They also had an SSR with a 50K+ sticker on it. Gimme a friggin break. I can get a new Vette for that.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seaview Chev as been a problem for us as well as a club.

I just had someone have the same horror storys with Hiatt Pontiac In Tacoma. They had only like 12 miles left on their 00 GTP car (one that I had owned just days before the got it) the new owner got a hold of me somehow & was asking about the GTP because we still had it on our website at the time. Well we found out that he owned our old one & was starting to have problems with it. & Hiatt said that the K&N filter was the problem it was causing the car to throw codes (?????????) anyways after the new owner & I talked I gave him the name of the person he needed to talk to & he went to talk to them. Found out the tranny was having problems & now he has a new tranny.

It pays to know someone with in the dealership.

The local Chevy dealerships to me I know either the owner or the Gm or parts managers that will go above & beyond the call to make sure I am treated right.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya know, I bought my Z28 from Seaview and they were the biggest ***** I have ever delt with. I wouldnt take my car back there even if someone had a knife to my nuts. F those guys!
Old 06-16-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT1Factor
Ya know, I bought my Z28 from Seaview and they were the biggest ***** I have ever delt with. I wouldnt take my car back there even if someone had a knife to my nuts. F those guys!
Sounds like everyone hates that dealership! I'm glad I am not the only one! THEY SUCK!!!
Old 06-16-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

Makes me wonder WHY we go to Seaviews car show every year?

I have only bought parts from Revord & they were very helpful.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rokko
Yeah, I took my V6 there a few years ago because the belt sounded like an airplane...well $100 later and they said they found nothing wrong..they just oiled the belt and it sounded the same as when I dropped it off! I don't even remember now what the $100 was for...but it was for nothing thats for sure, and none of my cars will ever go back there...Ellis likes to drive through their parking lot and rev the engine. Oh yeah, and Ellis changed the belt for me too I thought I was doing him a favor having someone else do it.. never again...

The one good thing about them is the Parts guy..I can't remember his name at the moment, but he was a nice guy every time I've delt with him..just the rest of the company sucks.

Sorry you had to go through that Darrin, I'm really surprised you didn't shoot the guy...
Old 06-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Makes me wonder WHY we go to Seaviews car show every year?

I have only bought parts from Revord & they were very helpful.
I was thinking the same.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought thats why we are not having the Fbody show there this year................... Oh wait no thats not it its because they dont want to do the show because the Fbody is no longer being produced.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Yeah, I took my V6 there a few years ago because the belt sounded like an airplane...well $100 later and they said they found nothing wrong..they just oiled the belt and it sounded the same as when I dropped it off! I don't even remember now what the $100 was for...but it was for nothing thats for sure, and none of my cars will ever go back there...Ellis likes to drive through their parking lot and rev the engine. Oh yeah, and Ellis changed the belt for me too I thought I was doing him a favor having someone else do it.. never again...

The one good thing about them is the Parts guy..I can't remember his name at the moment, but he was a nice guy every time I've delt with him..just the rest of the company sucks.

Sorry you had to go through that Darrin, I'm really surprised you didn't shoot the guy...
Damn girl, that is some shady **** they were pulling. Sounds like the Chrysler dealer up here that charged my Mom $120 to replace the friggin A/C belt........********!!!

As for shooting him, the thought crossed my mind but I didn't wanna give that **** hole any publicity at all, good or bad.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

The wife and I purchased our T/A new from Clyde Revord. The dealer gave us a deal on our first oil change, so after 500 miles I took the car in for an oil change. Well, because I had the T/A lowered they wouldn't even pull it in the bay, they told me I modified the suspension and it won't go over the lift. They didn't even try, they just blew me off.

I've had many bad experiences from car dealers, I don't care about their warranty that they will fight to honor anyway.

The only people I would let work on my car is Shaun, Brad's custom auto, Ellis, and Mike @ Little Monsters, I don't trust dealers. They will probably tell you that there is nothing wrong with your car.

Good luck though, I hope it works out for you.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Veteran

They would need to have a totally deaf service tech check out my car to not notice this problem
Old 06-17-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Little update.....took my girl in this morning and they were totally cool & friendly. Called me back a couple hours later to say that it WILL be fixed under warranty despite the TA girdle and 11" rims with 315's (they didn't give me ANY grief over them, just commented on them, is all). Not that those matter, but I was sweating it a lil bit. The bad part is my differential is shot and needs to be completely redone............no 'Bird till Monday at the soonest. They don't have the parts in stock....not surprising but very liveable.

But since it is warranty work and I have access to my folk's cars, I can live with it.

So in conclusion, & I will be her again very soon. Plus I don't have to cough up the $2,500 or so for a new 12 bolt right this second. WHEW!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Clyde Revord Pontiac???