Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Loves to change spark plugs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 T/A for sale

SOLD!!!

116k miles. Built July 1997. Owned since 15k miles
Black w/ pewter leather interior
Full load (T-Tops, Monsoon, 12 disc, TCS, etc.) except alarm.
Dual power seats (lumbar and bolster style)
Auto
Moser 12 bolt 3:42 gears
Engine-Stock
17x9.5 wheels w/275's in good shape. Wheels are ok (Konig Monsoons) with a little rash on one and clear peeling on all
K&N FIPK
Driveshaft loop
adjustable panhard bar
boxed trailing arms
Eibach Pro springs
AGX shocks
255lph fuel pump
matched set (within 0.01 pounds/hour) 24 lb Ford injectors. New this year.
Holley adjustable fuel regulator (new)
CSR electric water pump
Speed Secrets inspected transmission w/mild shift improvement.
3000 stall converter
Spare hood in great shape
Hypertech III (to adjust rear gears and fans for 160* t-stat) w/scan adapter included. Scan basic engine activity, DTC's, etc.

$2500.00

For the price of a new Moser and converter get a whole car.

Needs:
Driver side window motor (about $75 GM Parts Direct)
Evaporative Purge solenoid ($30) Throws an SES for it (1441)
Power antennae sticks out about 4" sometimes.
Driver side fender
front bumper cover
left headlight assembly (motor good)
left turn signal assembly
possibly other items under the nose (inner bumper) but I don't think any serious issues are under there but I'm not looking.
Hood is damaged, but as stated above I have a good one to replace it.
Right rear fender has some minor damage ($500) but paint is intact there.
Totally driveable, just no left headlight.
Tags are only a few months old.

This car is very solid. Very few F-body rattles. Ran consitent hight 13's before the stall. Been 2 years since I raced, so no new numbers.

Reason for selling? Had enough. Can't afford to pay to play. Heck, can't afford to buy the damn $30 purge!
Got hit by an old man in a truck today who ran a red light. Dumby me did not stop the guy behind me as a witness and the only person who did stop says my light was red. I'm F*'d, can't afford to fix it and don't want to hassle with insurance.
I "love" this car, but my heart is not in it anymore. Too many ******** on the road to enjoy it proper.

So, take it as is and make bank parting it out, build it back, make a race car, whatever.

EDIT: I need the driveshaft out of this car. It is a borrowed piece. Will include stock shaft but it must be shortened to work with the lowering springs. Can retrieve the borrowed shaft after delivery.

Last edited by 97BlackT\A; 08-14-2005 at 12:06 PM. Reason: SOLD!!
Old 08-10-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

Damn man that sucks you got hit For $2500 that is a STEAL..
Old 08-10-2005, 09:26 PM

Thanks. I know you know how it feels.

I just totally blew it not getting the guy behind me to witness. The lady that did was waiting (yield) to make a left so was not actually looking at the light. She was so sure it was red, though.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:32 PM

Pics of the damage. None othe inner structure looks damaged, but I did not pull the bumper cover to look. The composite piece that supports the nose is ruined, and the styrofoam on the inner bumper is cracked from wherre the truck rested on the nose. That may be repairable as that section only acts as support for the bumper cover, not crash protection.
Attached Thumbnails LT1 T/A for sale-8-10-05a.jpg   LT1 T/A for sale-8-10-05b.jpg  
Old 08-10-2005, 09:39 PM
12 Second Club

Really sorry to hear of your loss.

Okay that is three wrecked F-bodies this month stop this now.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:40 PM

pics of right rear quarter damage. This was a soft bent that I have worked out by hand about 85%. Estimate before I messed with it was $600.
Attached Thumbnails LT1 T/A for sale-8-10-05-039.jpg   LT1 T/A for sale-8-10-05c.jpg  
Old 08-10-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

PM sent..
Old 08-10-2005, 09:47 PM

Thanks, Steve.

It could really be worse. I can fix this if I had the money and desire. My problem with this car is that I cannot stop driving it. I drive it year round and the paint has taken a beating on the nose and hood, which obviously doesn't matter now.

This was just the last straw; the point where I had to make a decision on which way to go with it.

Hopefullly somebody will be interested in taking it on. I'm going on vacation next week and want to get it out of here. If I don't get a nibble by this weekend I'll probably just take the loss in trade.
Either way, I'm getting a commuter car/truck and will be like the rest of the lemmings. Once I can afford to get into the scene again and do it right, I will. Still have my '88 Camaro that I've dreamed of swapping an LSx motor in. Might be the ticket.

EDIT: Can't stop driving it because I have too much fun driving it! Now that its fubared I don't want to, but have to because the kid's car is down and he's borrowing one of ours.

Last edited by 97BlackT\A; 08-10-2005 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn Jeff, that just sucks...I really feel for you having to get rid of it...I couldn't even imagine...

Don't worry though, if you ever need a fix, just come up here and you can drive my car whenever you want!
Old 08-11-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff I might be able to take it, right now is a bad time because of the wedding but I will see what I can swing. Give me a call and we can talk about it.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Launching!

damn man, Im sorry it just seems the world is out to get all f-bodies.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Damn Jeff, that just sucks...I really feel for you having to get rid of it...I couldn't even imagine...

Don't worry though, if you ever need a fix, just come up here and you can drive my car whenever you want!

Thanks. For how many days?

I was very honored when my former brother-in-law let me drive his SOM WS6 when my T/A was down last fall. That helped me get through a few more weeks of waiting. It's good therapy!

I don't HAVE to get rid of it, but I need to. At a certain point the line must be drawn to save sanity. What little I have left.
Aside from laying awake 'cause I'm too pissed to sleep i've also been thinking about what I can do with the 3rd gen. Lots of stuff I can do while saving money for an LSX motor and 6 speed. And 12 bolt for that matter. That car is the one that I have the hardest time parting with since I bought it new.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Pinoyracer_18
damn man, Im sorry it just seems the world is out to get all f-bodies.
Thanks. It seems that way this month, doesn't it? Scary....
Old 08-11-2005, 02:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Sent you a PM, you never know which lights the county is keeping track of at all times
Old 08-11-2005, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Jeff I might be able to take it, right now is a bad time because of the wedding but I will see what I can swing. Give me a call and we can talk about it.
Thanks man. Will do.

There has been a fair bit of serious interest already, so don't sweat it on my account.
The wedding reminder made me smile! I'm glad for you two.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I sold my Blazer so I could use a driver, I would probably just get a headlight and drive it the way it is for awhile. I thought driving the vette all the time would be OK but man she is so freaking dirty right now I can't stand it So I am very interested.

I'm really sorry your selling your ride but that 3rd gen will be sweet when you get it done!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

I also have a really interest guy, he is going to replace everything and get it all painted. I know that I my guy is second in line. let me know if the first one falls through. I am really sorry for lost but I guarantee it will go to a good home and not be neglected! Someone on here is going to get a sweet car and take great care of it so no worries. Like everyone else said, that 3rd gen is going to be sweet when it is finished! Good Luck with that project!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 97BlackT\A
Thanks man. Will do.

There has been a fair bit of serious interest already, so don't sweat it on my account.
The wedding reminder made me smile! I'm glad for you two.
Off Topic
When is the date again? I remember how you proposed, so sweet
Old 08-11-2005, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by XCLR8N
I also have a really interest guy, he is going to replace everything and get it all painted. I know that I my guy is second in line. let me know if the first one falls through. I am really sorry for lost but I guarantee it will go to a good home and not be neglected! Someone on here is going to get a sweet car and take great care of it so no worries. Like everyone else said, that 3rd gen is going to be sweet when it is finished! Good Luck with that project!
Hopefully I've got the order the same as everyone else is placing themselves.
Poik was 1st up, so that's where I'm at.
Whatever happens don't anybody take it personal. I want it to go to a good home, hence listing it here and at the low price. The thought of the Moser getting wasted on some doughball...anyhow, I want to be fair but I'll have to choose where to start if Eric decides it's not right for him.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 97BlackT\A
Hopefully I've got the order the same as everyone else is placing themselves.
Poik was 1st up, so that's where I'm at.
Whatever happens don't anybody take it personal. I want it to go to a good home, hence listing it here and at the low price. The thought of the Moser getting wasted on some doughball...anyhow, I want to be fair but I'll have to choose where to start if Eric decides it's not right for him.
If anyone took it personal they would have to find another hobby. I didn't check the board when I thought to - that is *my* issue, not the sellers!

Still makes me cringe you are selling it but even Eric could turn it into a sweet car - he's taken a beating (both ways) the last week enough as it is

Quick Reply: LT1 T/A for sale