Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Close call.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Close call.........

Whoooeeeee me and johnny law just had a close one.

I was bombing around the eastlake area of lake union and wound up going up a nasty brick road, this was ****** horrible, at 10mph my car was bouncin and shaking so much I'll probably have to go through the entire ****** and check for loose bolts. Damned seattle streets are the worst. I had to slow to just off idle to get up the one way sumbish.

So as i reach the top im plenty steamed. Its a two way with a curbed divider that parallels I-5. Roanoke I believe is the street.

So I pull out and nobodys around and I just hammer the gas, tires go up in smoke in first and I click it into second and now the fun begins as the tires really gain some speed. As I'm dancin side to side, feathering the throttle between 5-6K and smiling like the cheshire cat a seattle cop comes around the blind corner from under I-5. My tires are boiling off smoke and the motors singing around 5500 r's.

I think to myself, "****, I'm busted"

Then I see and remember the yellow curb seperating us and know he's not gonna be able to get me. So I hang my arm out the window and wave to him as I'm still sawing at the wheel and feathering the gas. Then I click it into drive and hit the on ramp to I-5 southbound that was straight ahead of me. I look in my rear view and see him stopped in the road, no doubt thinking if he should attempt the yellow curb hop or not to try and go after me. He decided against it.

That was close.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're a very bad boy Kind of a smart *** too ! lol !
Old 08-11-2005, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

You lucky bastard! Good close call though i bet that got your heart racing. See you friday?
Old 08-11-2005, 06:56 PM
12 Second Club

Old 08-11-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Racehead
You're a very bad boy Kind of a smart *** too ! lol !
Considering SPD aren't the brightest bulbs in the bunch - they wouldn't know if he was being a smartass or friendly
Old 08-11-2005, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Damn that's funny!!!

You better hope he didn't get your plate #, or you WILL be receiving some unwanted visitors.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Heart was racing like a hummingbirds. Had to have a cigar to settle down. I pulled the car into the vehicle maintenance garage when I got back to work. No need for it to be on the street aftet that.

All kinds of **** flashed in my mind when I saw the red and blues on top of the car. "Son of a bitch!!" "Damn, there goes my insurance." "****, how stupid am I?!" "Do they tow cars for reckless driving?" all in a millisecond.

Then the good one came to me. "YELLOW CURB"

I can only make the last race of the season, and i think it's at PRR(Poorly Run Raceway) But I'll be there regardless
Old 08-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Damn that's funny!!!

You better hope he didn't get your plate #, or you WILL be receiving some unwanted visitors.
I don't think he did, I think he was more in shock of my blatant disrespect for the law. And there was a smoke screen for the rear plate.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

You kill me Rick....BAD BOY, BAD I say! I'll bet the look on his face was PRICELESS!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rokko
And there was a smoke screen for the rear plate.
I guess some of us don't need a flip down rear plate
Old 08-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
You kill me Rick....BAD BOY, BAD I say! I'll bet the look on his face was PRICELESS!
He looked shocked to say the least. "WTF!? Am I dreaming? I must be...... That son of a bitch was WAVING at me AND smiling as smoked the tires past me"

Me thinks I'll be staying out of that region of Seattle for quite a while.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Racehead
I guess some of us don't need a flip down rear plate
May not need one, but I still want one. For the cool factor if nothing else.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Kind of hard to do that around here. There are only 5 4th gens in the whole county and mine is the only vert and the only black one. There are good and bad points about small towns. Everyone knows everyone else's cars so it's hard to get away with anything. But, there's hardly any traffic, never any car thefts.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by planemech2
Kind of hard to do that around here. There are only 5 4th gens in the whole county and mine is the only vert and the only black one. There are good and bad points about small towns. Everyone knows everyone else's cars so it's hard to get away with anything. But, there's hardly any traffic, never any car thefts.
I wish it was like that here. There are 30 cars stolen on average each day in Seattle. Don't get me started on traffic.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Unless this yellow curb was insanely high, I woulda jumped it and gone after ya.

I had a dude in a nice new LT1 A4 Formie sitting in the left turn lane one night, right next to me as I was in one of the straight lanes (in my black & white patrol car in a VERY well lit intersection) and when his light went green he roasted those poor tires to oblivion......was doing donuts in the intersection and everything......stayed on it burning up the tires for a block or so....................then he heard the dreaded siren..........his license got suspended for that lil show (I took pics of the black streaks in the asphault afterwards) and his car was impounded....worst thing was, it wasn't HIS car...it was his buddies who I gladly told how fucked up his friend was treating it.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:32 AM
Tech Addict

And the chase would have been on my friend.

There really wasn't any room for him to hop it, unless he hit lit em up first and it sideways, there were cars lining the other side of the street and he would have had to hit reverse unless he was going to use joe public's car as a bumper device.

Right next to ya huh? a real rocket surgeon he was.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

All you did was wave at him? I'm surprised. I would have expected something more from you.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by VIKING
All you did was wave at him? I'm surprised. I would have expected something more from you.
I'm sure Rick can drop his pants really fast if he wants - don't think this was one of those occasions
Old 08-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by VIKING
Considering the circumstances, I think I pushed my luck to the brink as it was. Nobody came knockin at my door last night.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GEARHED
I'm sure Rick can drop his pants really fast if he wants - don't think this was one of those occasions
I concur!

Quick Reply: Close call.........