Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Anyone got extra DRs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got extra DRs?

So I walked out my apartment this morning and it's freezing. There's gonna be some great times tonight for those who are going to PR. Unfortunately for me, I just sold the rims from my DR setup, and won't have another set until Monday. Just my luck great weather today, and I can't run. But next week at BR, it'll probably be record break high's. So if anyone has an extra set I could borrow, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

I have a set of 10.5x16 QTPs you can use. They are mounted on Z28 rims (8" wide tread) with tubes, screwed rims & they don't even spin when I launch. Bill S runs the exact same setup on his red Vette.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I have a set of 10.5x16 QTPs you can use. They are mounted on Z28 rims (8" wide tread) with tubes, screwed rims & they don't even spin when I launch. Bill S runs the exact same setup on his red Vette.
Thanks a bunch Mark, I owe you. Are you at work today?
Old 08-12-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Mark I wanna borrow those!!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Damn Mark I wanna borrow those!!!!
Borrow this!!! LOL J/J You going today Wicked?
Old 08-12-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Junkie

HAHA no I'm not going to make it the Seatown area until late sept, I'm going to Woodburn hopefully the 20th of this month, but other than that I'm getting ready for getting married spending my weekends getting asked my opinion when it really doesn't matter...
Old 08-12-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

HAHA no I'm not going to make it the Seatown area until late sept, I'm going to Woodburn hopefully the 20th of this month, but other than that I'm getting ready for getting married spending my weekends getting asked my opinion when it really doesn't matter...
LOL, yeah my girlfriend is just like, "All you need to do is show up." But she tries to ask me questions to get an idea of what I'd like, so I come up w/ stupid answers. I told her that I want Chicken Nuggets, and Corn Dogs for the dinner. She didn't like that very much, AT ALL. lol But it was worth her expression.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Ray only wants to borrow them for tonight. So you should be able borrow them in Sept Bobby. Yes I am here Ray. My tires however are in Marysville.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ray only wants to borrow them for tonight. So you should be able borrow them in Sept Bobby. Yes I am here Ray. My tires however are in Marysville.

PM me your address mark so I can mapquest yo, I have a meeting at 1200-100, I try to swing by right after that.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

I have a set of 10.5x16 QTPs you can use. They are mounted on Z28 rims (8" wide tread) with tubes, screwed rims & they don't even spin when I launch.
My 26x10.5x16 ET Streets used to never spin... Even at 12 psi they don't hook too well for me anymore. Time for 27x11.5x15s I guess.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:07 PM
12 Second Club

I'm getting ready for getting married spending my weekends getting asked my opinion when it really doesn't matter...
Till Death do you part
Old 08-12-2005, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

They moved it from 12:30-2:00, so PM me your # also so that I can call you before going out there. Thanx.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Veteran

but other than that I'm getting ready for getting married spending my weekends getting asked my opinion when it really doesn't matter...
I hear ya, Bobby... that's how it was when my wife and I were getting ready for our wedding. Standard conversation went like this:

Her: "Honey, what do you think of this <insert wedding thing here>?

Me: I don't really like it...

Her: Oh... well I do like it, so I think we'll get it.

But that's ok, it works both ways...

Me: Honey, what do you think about me getting a nitrous system?

Her: Well, I don't like it... its expensive and not necessary!

Me: Oh... <on the phone with a sponsor> Yes, I'd like to order a nitrous kit.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I hear ya, Bobby... that's how it was when my wife and I were getting ready for our wedding. Standard conversation went like this:

Her: "Honey, what do you think of this <insert wedding thing here>?

Me: I don't really like it...

Her: Oh... well I do like it, so I think we'll get it.

But that's ok, it works both ways...

Me: Honey, what do you think about me getting a nitrous system?

Her: Well, I don't like it... its expensive and not necessary!

Me: Oh... <on the phone with a sponsor> Yes, I'd like to order a nitrous kit.

LOL yes great minds think alike.

Man I wish I was up there I just got some tuning done, the car is running better and just polished the wheels and a couple of coats or Z-6. I would love to roll around Seattle tonight. Unfortunately I'll be in Hillsboro at a imprompto car show with a bunch of geezers with Model T's.... Oh well at least I'll be out of the house!
Old 08-13-2005, 02:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

True_ice, I believe if you run a 16" wheel on a vette you have to take a ball peen hammer and lightly smash your upper ball joint down a tad bit. It causes no ill effects or problems.
Robert
Old 08-13-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert56
True_ice, I believe if you run a 16" wheel on a vette you have to take a ball peen hammer and lightly smash your upper ball joint down a tad bit. It causes no ill effects or problems.
Robert
Yeah I know, I learned that back in TX running on a CCW Drag Package. He ended up just taking them off b/c I didn't wanna do any grinding, but yesterday me and Mark were ready to go ahead and do it. But work ran late. How'd you do lastnight?
Old 08-13-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Here's a reply to a post on my launching problem and explains results from last night (corvetteforum.com perf results):

(Ranger, at first I agreed with everyone that tires may be shot. However, after checking, I found wear bars are not even being touched yet. I now have 87 passes on these tires.

All passes sited have been n/a, as was checking n2o last night and have wiring problem and it is not working at all, even when I thought I was using. This is also backed up by my mph, as with spray I get mid 120's usually, and haven't broke 114mph in sited 60's.

I think now I agree with what you say about clamping force. I was in such a habit of quick releasing at about 3500, just doesn't work for new set-up. Last night towards end, I started doing heaver burn-outs and launching at 4500rpm, results: 1.73, 1.74 and 1.75 (earler was all 1.8x's) and gained back 2-tenths in ET. Even at that rpm some slight bogging was happening, so I believe I still need to up rpm at launch.

Conclusion, just needed to adjust my launch/burn-out for new clutch, and tires are still fine even with many passes. There is definately some more time to be knocked off 60'er with a little more seat time. It's amazing how one change can through your whole launch off to point of a relearn/adjustment factor. I may have to slow my shifting down a tad also, as a slight spin is being had all the way into 4th, at least until I change over to ET streets. I'm sure this may be taking a bit off my ET as well, the best last night was 12.1x.

Thanks Ranger, once again you've hit the nail on the head, first time.)
Robert

Quick Reply: Anyone got extra DRs?