Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Had a nice surprise today

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Had a nice surprise today

So I am all planned on going help Ellis finish up the install, get the headers on, fluids and stuff in and fire it up - so I get some sodas and chips and head out there, already thinking that those headers will suck, it's gonna be a long night blah blah blah.

So I get there and all of a sudden I noticed the car wasn't on wood blocks anymore. hummmmm wtf... the cover is still over the car but wait... the hood is down.

So Ellis comes around and puts his dinner plate aside (damn, I'm too early) and starts pulling the cover off -- I am looking at the floor thinking where are the damn headers that were here last night?

Then he goes - "Why don't you get in there and fire it up?" I'm like WTF??? So I stick my head under the hood and everything is installed!!!

So what can I say. Ellis once more ran the extra mile.

The car sounds absolutely incredible. Not annoying loud, not tame. The idle lope is just perfect for a daily driver (F13 114 LSA +4) and let me tell you.... just with the basic tune Ellis dialed in, the car pulls like a raped ape We hit some gravel at 6200 rpm in 3rd gear and the car spun the rear tires up to 6700rpm or so....

Once again thank you very much Ellis for the excellent work and care you took of my car.

If anybody here needs a professional work done to your car Ellis is the man.

Last edited by WS6freak; 08-16-2005 at 12:53 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

A while back I was working on puting my car in the shop and ran into Ellis at eh strip. Asked him some questions and wanted to have him do the work on my car after hearing all the good things about him. I eventually decided to go back to who did work on my car a while ago. Now, I'm kicking myself in the ***. Ellis, I aplogize for not going down your road. The guys who have my car dented the undercarage and cracked my fiberglass, not to mention the car is STILL in the shop. They are gonna fix the car, but that's besides the point. You don't **** with another mans car!!! Headers are coming next and I'll be knocking on Ellis's door.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:00 AM
12 Second Club

God I hope to be in that position one of these days can't wait to hear the way the GMMG sings now
Old 08-16-2005, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

Great news indeed, Nick. I am glad Ellis was able to fix you up right. He is the best there is when it comes to this stuff for sure. And he is always willing to go more than the extra mile.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:31 AM
11 Second Club

Most Excellent, "Groo man".....

By the way "Nick" love that color on the TA's....

Glad you found the horse power light "All are welcome...step into the light"

Jimbob
Old 08-16-2005, 07:50 AM
12 Second Club

Glad to hear it's back on the street.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

Yep, Ellis is OK. I don't care what Steph says about him.

Glad you like it Nick. I imagine it feels & sounds a little spunkier now.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you are happy Nick! Power seemed good Every thing was nice and quiet. The GMMG did not even seem that loud

I will get her finished up tonight so you can enjoy the ride!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

That TA is one of the Prettiest Cars I've seen! It's Definitely a Beautiful Car that now sounds just Wicked!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool, Nick! Ain't it nice to see the finished product on something like that? And yes, gotta agree with all the GrooLove... he's da man. I can only imagine what it would be like going from relatively stock, to big time modded like yours just did. Mine's been a painfully SLLLOOOWW process... but dammit, it will get done eventually as long as I stop breaking ****.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Very cool, Nick! Ain't it nice to see the finished product on something like that? And yes, gotta agree with all the GrooLove... he's da man. I can only imagine what it would be like going from relatively stock, to big time modded like yours just did. Mine's been a painfully SLLLOOOWW process... but dammit, it will get done eventually as long as I stop breaking ****.
Ellis is the man. I won't let anyone else up here touch my car. He's even gonna pull some runs at BR in the Vette to get the tuned dialed in.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

What I like about Ellis's work is that since the beginning I told him I wanted the car to work as a complete system, and he understood that right away.

The care and time he took over details I believe raises the bar to a level that is hard to find anywhere else. It all comes down to the fact that here's a guy who LOVES what he does, and he treated my car like it was his own.

I have a product that works like a swiss watch now, thanks for the painstaking attention to detail that I haven't seen anywhere else before.

In a world where everything is about the buck it's always refreshing to know that there's someone out there that has a healthy understanding of what customers want and expect. For my peace of mind and wallet, no one will work on my car but Ellis the Master
Old 08-16-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
That TA is one of the Prettiest Cars I've seen! It's Definitely a Beautiful Car that now sounds just Wicked!
Thanks Steph! And thanks so much also for actually helping Ellis with the mods my bad, I should have mentioned that earlier.

And you're right.... that car sounds wicked now!!
Old 08-16-2005, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Bremerton Saturday???
Old 08-16-2005, 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

What's new...Ellis is the man...
Old 08-16-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by strobelite
Bremerton Saturday???
I can't. Grandma 80th bday and I can't even think about not being there or I'll face serious consequences
Old 08-17-2005, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6freak
Thanks Steph! And thanks so much also for actually helping Ellis with the mods my bad, I should have mentioned that earlier.

And you're right.... that car sounds wicked now!!
No problem! I usually stay out of his way like when you were here, I don't want to get to many people in the Garage in his way, but when he's out there alone I will keep my eye on him and help him out...I really love your car and told Ellis tonight that your car is the only car I would ever trade mine for...I LOVE that car!!
Old 08-17-2005, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6freak
I can't. Grandma 80th bday and I can't even think about not being there or I'll face serious consequences
Happy Birthday to your Grandma! Mine just turned 90.. 2 weeks ago

I forgot to add in my last Post that your car Definitely lives up to the "Monster" name in your Sig
Old 08-17-2005, 12:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well we got her finished up tonight. Steph and I ran into town and over Don Berry's.

WOW!!! It is a contendor! When Nick and I were doing the base tuning yesterday there was a time it was dancing all over at about 85MPH. I did not think a whole lot about it but this thing Pull's pretty damn hard! The Valve train just sings to you like a fine Sewing Machine and loves the rev's

I think Nick is going to enjoy his car living up to the "Orange Monster" Theme
Old 08-17-2005, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

OOOOOHHH Yeah!!! I can't wait to get it tomorrow

Quick Reply: Had a nice surprise today