Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Selling my built '93 Mustang coupe...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Selling my built '93 Mustang coupe...

Hey all,

It's been through my mind a few too many times here lately, so I've sat down and worked out what I would take for the 93 SSP I have built up.

With one garage space, too many cars, and a decent bonus in my hand, I am considering a Caddy CTS-V in the next year or so. With that in mind and a Cooper S 'vert, the 99 SS, a 71 Pickup, and a 98 Volvo all taking space, I decided it might be a good time to let the SSP car go. I had planned on much more time at the track this year, and life dealt other cards to me. I am not in a hurry, and I am firm on the price. I have a full S-trim kit and all the peripherals to put on the car if it doesnt sell. Then I'll probably just go to jail.... with a big smile on my face.

The car:

1993 Special Services Package coupe
( http://www.sspmustang.org/ ) to check out High Speed Pursuit Mustangs
White
130k miles
5-speed
power steering
power windows, locks, etc.
Some Pioneer MP3/CD thing that displays dolphins and race cars if I push the wrong button.

1/4 mile history:
13.9 @ 97 when I got it
12.91 @ 103 with the stock engine
12.74 @ 105 with a Cobra intake
12.3x @ 110 with current mods

Modifications:

Suspension/chassis-
Tubular K-member
Tubular A-arms
Tubular sub-frame connectors
MM front coilover kit
130# 14" front springs
Tokico Drag Adjustable shocks
Rear right airbag
Rear H&R race springs
Rear Weight-jacker fully adjustable Lower CAs
FRPP Cobra upper CAs
JEG's "Traction bars" upper joint relo
QA1 Caster/Camber plates
QA1 Adjustable rear shocks
- as you may note, *everything* about the suspension is adjustable. The car made 1.64 60' with the stock engine.

Driveline-
FRPP 4.10 gears
Tremec 3550 5-speed
Strange 28 spline axles
recently replaced "overpacked" trac-loc
Aluminum DS
King Cobra clutch
Firewall adjuster thingy for the clutch

Engine-
Extrude Honed Cobra upper and lower intake
GT-40P ported heads 9:1, head flow available (or search these forums)
Comp Cams XE270HR cam, ~218/224 on a 112LS
All new lifters, seals, timing chain, pushrods, etc
FRPP Cobra 1.7 ratio rockers
Griffin 19x31" radiator
Electric fans
DenseCharger CAI
Pro-Flow MAF
70mm Accufab Throttle Body
Crane FIreball Coil
New TFI module

Exhaust-
MAC 1 3/4" long tube headers
MAC Off-road pipes
Hooker Maxflow mufflers
All 2 1/2" collector to tips

Other stuff-
It has a newer dash in it. The Texas Department of Public Safety was rough on the original, and I replaced the dash and heater core.
The car has a new power steering setup that Jeff at All-Ford installed after I got tired of the manual steering.
The car has new door latches, lock solenoids, hinge pins, a arm rest delete, window sills... and many more items that I wont remember.
The paint is not perfect. Where the light-bar used to be bolted to the roof was not perfectly painted over. Under the front bumper and along the back of the rear bumper show some careless parking over the years.
I just bought and installed brand new clear headlight kits for the front.
Because it's an SSP car, the buck tags are still there, theres one key for doors and ignition, the speedo goes to 160mph, and more. ( http://www.sspmustang.org/ )

The car dyno'd at 301/325 rwhp/tq or a little more at TorqueFreaks as it sits now (9:1 comp). I can dig up the dyno graph if requested.

Wheels and Tires-
The car has on it 17x9 American Racing Rebel 4-lug wheels. Toyo Proxxes 275 on the back and Goodyear Eagle F1 235 (I think) in the front. THe tires do fine in the rain for me now... but I wouldnt count on them much longer in the rain.

Photos: (also attached)

http://www.nolke.com/gallery2/main.p...g2_itemId=5810

http://www.nolke.com/gallery2/main.p...g2_itemId=5813

I have many more photos if you are very serious about the car.

My price is firm right now at $6500. Please dont ask if you can trade, unless it's for a low mileage CTS-V :D The price does not include anything not listed here as being on the car, especially drag tires/wheels, the S-trim kit I have around, etc.

Jeff and Chung at All-Ford/Blue Oval and Jon and Paul at Krazy Koncepts all know the car and have done the work on the car for me.

Please let me know at cnolke@excite.com if you have any questions. I'll do my best to swing by the forum from time to time.

thanks y'all,
Chris
Attached Thumbnails Selling my built '93 Mustang coupe...-img_4683.jpg   Selling my built '93 Mustang coupe...-img_4684.jpg  

Last edited by Visceral; 08-16-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most people on this site hate Mustangs. I wish you good luck selling it.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not sure that's the case. I think many of us who have almost new cars, payments, and pretty sizable insurace bills on our LS1s like to have a second "race ready" car. And what's a better car for the strip that's easy on the wallet like a Fox-body notch?

I think you'll find many of the folks around here actually have alot of respect for quick 5.0 coupes.

If you don't... be careful
Old 08-16-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Visceral
I'm not sure that's the case. I think many of us who have almost new cars, payments, and pretty sizable insurace bills on our LS1s like to have a second "race ready" car. And what's a better car for the strip that's easy on the wallet like a Fox-body notch?

I think you'll find many of the folks around here actually have alot of respect for quick 5.0 coupes.

If you don't... be careful
Very well said! I can only think of one person that really doesn't like Fords..and he makes it very well known Besides you Kobie..

Most of the rest of us have a healthy Respect for a nice, well built Race Car, no matter the Brand...This looks like a nice car, if I had the money and wanted a race car, this looks like it would be a good choice...
Old 08-16-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Veteran

I dislike Ford "quality" ESPECIALLY on the Fox Body Mustangs (having had 2 of my own) but I have a good respect for the same cars as they can be made to be very fast...........and I wouldn't mind another one, especially a notchback this time around.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's pretty hard to go faster for less investment. You took an interesting path with the mod sequence -good results too! -12's with a stock motor! Actually, the P heads are stock production cast-iron heads and you're getting 12.3's out of them. You could say they are stock too -depending on how you define "stock".
Old 08-16-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I dislike Ford "quality" ESPECIALLY on the Fox Body Mustangs (having had 2 of my own) but I have a good respect for the same cars as they can be made to be very fast...........and I wouldn't mind another one, especially a notchback this time around.
Yeah, the chasis is pretty flexible, but nothing that cannot be fixed with sub frame connectors. The suspension needs work to make it adjustable, too. But Ford gives you solid basic components: engine (excellent), trans (okay) and rearend (good). Having to replace the heater core will make you want to blow the thing to pieces, though. The Foxes are a mixed bag with clear flaws, but they're hard to beat as cheap race-car material.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well... I guess I have been through the mod thing a few times

I started out exclusively chassis, suspension, and driveline. Those items are perfectly ready for a 9 second car. Once that was done, even the stock engine took the car pretty quickly. The car clicks in at just under 2950 lbs in "drag"... so power goes a long way. The heads had some great port work and flow similar to AFR 165s until .500". You have to appreciate a car that comes with a 4 link rear suspension, a V-8, a stout rear end, and under 3200 lbs stock form the factory
Old 08-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Nice car. I will spread the word.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

Damn Eric, you just can't leave that poor old dog alone can you?
Old 08-16-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NVME88GT
Nice car. I will spread the word.

Hahaha I Love your Signature!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by esoteric
Yeah, the chasis is pretty flexible, but nothing that cannot be fixed with sub frame connectors. The suspension needs work to make it adjustable, too. But Ford gives you solid basic components: engine (excellent), trans (okay) and rearend (good). Having to replace the heater core will make you want to blow the thing to pieces, though. The Foxes are a mixed bag with clear flaws, but they're hard to beat as cheap race-car material.
Don't get me wrong, I just was pissed at the "little" stuff....like at under 40k my interiors were falling apart, and I took VERY good care of my cars.......plastic trim pieces breaking/falling off, stereo going out for no reason intermittently.......the little BS stuff that just pisses you off.....not to say the F-Bods are perfect, I just was really disappointed in my 'Stangs.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know exactly where you are coming from. This car is a Fox body and I've owned production Fox bodies as well. Even a 5.0 'vert.

I've noticed, as I have restored and cleaned up everythign, that the SSP police build seems to be alot stiffer and overall quite a bit less "rattley" than others I've had. I don't know if it's because there are more welds, or what.

It's $6500 for a low 12/ high 11 sec car thats sorted, looks good, and can be driven daily without worry about things breaking down. Another $2k on a S-trim like the one I have and you have a daily driver 10-sec car for $8500 plus a pair of slicks.
If you take it to the strip and pile it into the wall, pick up a low-mile 93 4-cyl for $1500 and move everything over. Everything is very cheap for the car... Its the kind of car that it makes sense for mere mortals like me to race and to drive if we like driving quick cars that look good.

And thank the good Lord its not an SN95
Old 08-16-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Veteran

What kinda options inside does it have? A/C, PW, PL, etc???
Old 08-16-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Everything but AC... that came out before I got it. No sunroof, of course.

Bigger pics, Interior pics, and others:

http://www.nolke.com/gallery2/main.p...g2_itemId=5805
Old 08-16-2005, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

I'll pass this around Little Monsters for you. There seems to be lots of Blue Oval guys hanging around that shop. And from what little I know of your car, it is VERY nice!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh... here's a testament to the suspension I found...

This is the wheels up with the *stock 5.0 engine* making a 1.64 60' for me. Try that with a stock GM 10-bolt
Attached Thumbnails Selling my built '93 Mustang coupe...-launch_164.jpg  
Old 08-17-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

Nice, just the kind of toy I'm looking for. I'll talk to the bank later and get back to ya.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Teching In

noo its mine
Old 08-17-2005, 10:57 PM
12 Second Club

Few weeks to late for me I would have been in route to Portland with envelope full of Ben Franklins.

That will be a fun toy for somebody good luck.