Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CCC results tonight

Congrats to 1ST PLACE Hanawhacker -sp
and Don was the runner up tonight

Jimbob
Old 08-20-2005, 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice. He is a tough customer at the track! I have taken him out and he has taken me out

NOW IF I Can get my Lights to match My runs I might get some where again!
Old 08-20-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Hanawacker won huh? He beat me tonight in the final 9... lost to him by 7 thousands! He dumped me at the end, and I dumped as well... but broke out by a friggin hair. Well... at least I lost to the eventual winner, and made him work for it! And for the second race in a row, I was one of the last manual cars left (me and John were the only two in the final 9, I believe).

Congrats to Don B for getting another trophy, and congrats to NW-F-body for once again having a great turnout, and getting 6 cars into the final 9!

Last edited by Tranzor_Z28; 08-21-2005 at 02:59 AM.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:57 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to race Hanawacker in the first round... to think if I just would have stepped on the brakes and let him break out, I would have taken him out that run.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:54 AM
12 Second Club

Was a damn good race. Hanawacker ran a 14.26 on a 14.26 dial in. Don ran a 11.74 on a 11.73 dial in, good stuff.

Jonathon also made it to the final four cars.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:13 AM
10 Second Club

Congrats to all! Doug had a new best time. I had a new best time (13.88 in the GTO). Bill had a new best time in his TA, shitty clutch & all. And the team did well. We had 21 cars show up, & 14 made it thru the 1st round, 6 of the final 9, & 3 of the final 5. On a double points day, that means good things for us!!! And spite of the way they ran the track, it was fun.....there were some VERY good races yesterday!
Old 08-21-2005, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How did Rotwiler do?
Old 08-21-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

It WAS a great day for NW Fbody for sure, even though I didn't personally do any damage. 2 points is 2 points though I was kind of getting used to going some rounds earlier this year when I was on a little bit of a roll. The last 2 races I've gone out first round Oh well I've even seen some of the best racers have bad days haha !

I remember a time when 12.99 would've placed me about half way down the top ten list, now it's at least 7-8 tenths away from even getting me on it Next year is gonna be wicked, with Ellis about ready to re-join the ranks. I've got a prediction for next year. If you don't run 11's don't apply. It'll take 10's to make the top half.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'd like to thank the members of Team F Body for the use of one of your tents yesterday. Even though most of our team lost in the first round we were still at the track until after 3pm, so the shade was appreciated. A special thanks to you, Mark, for bothering to loan me the file for my TPS work. Congrats for your personal best in the GTO, too.

What time did the race conclude last night?
Old 08-21-2005, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

I had a great time at the track yesterday with all of your guys. Even if we did have to wait for hours in between rounds. I have some really good photos of yesterday but I have no clue how to post them. All of my pics are too big and I have no clue how to make them smaller! Help Please! I ran a new best time myself yesterday! It is not really much but I think the car has a high 12 pass in it before the year is done! 13.29 @ 104.9 with shitty 60' 2.04

Last edited by XCLR8N; 08-21-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes I must admit racing yesterday was tough. I took out RC yesterday but he had pulled a .006 light on me. The next round I was not as lucky when the guy in the other lane pulled a .009 light on me. I ran my number with a five but my crappy .138 light killed me. I have GOT to get my lights down again. Part of it is the new digital lights and the other part is my car reacts faster then Stephs car.

Competion Is getting real tough. Most of the guys are pulling deadly lights and bagging on the end. I like to run an entire package WHEN I am on I like to pull a .010 to ,030 60ft and follow it up by running the number

Esoteric. I hope you and the other Mustang guys felt welcomed. I must admit there are a few of us that were not as welcoming as the rest but I hope on the over all basis we were good to all of you I know a few others and I enjoyed your company!

Sorry I had to jet before the race was over. We barely got home in time to feed the girls and get them to bed. I still need to unload the car and swap tires..then reload it for the trip to Yakima today.

Oh yeah I did kill the posi in Steph's car yesterday. It has a little bite left...but not enough. New Winter project
Old 08-21-2005, 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

You are most welcome John. I will always help out a fellow racer if I can. You Ford guys are starting to show up in numbers, and with some wicked fast cars. Did the guy in the black Cobra ever get kicked off the track for running under 11.5 again without a cage? I love it.....

And I agree Ellis, good lights are crucial anymore. That is how I lost. I broke out by .072, the girl I raced broke out by .05, and while I did get across the line first, she treed me by .02, so there was no physical way to beat her. I need my red car back. Like you say, you get used to how "your car" reacts & launches, and it's very hard to adjust. Tho the last time driving the TA after running the GTO the week before I red-lighted 3 of 4 runs.

Oh, and Don B ran a new best in his Deuce too. 11.68 @ 115(.6?). THE NEW "TUDE" WORKED BUDDY!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 11:29 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Racehead
It WAS a great day for NW Fbody for sure, even though I didn't personally do any damage. 2 points is 2 points though I was kind of getting used to going some rounds earlier this year when I was on a little bit of a roll. The last 2 races I've gone out first round Oh well I've even seen some of the best racers have bad days haha !
Yeah, it cracks me up that I made rounds almost every race with my pickup, just out of sheer dumb luck... but then when I actually have a consistent car, I go out first round.

I still should have thought to just hit the brakes and let Hannawacker break out. Dumb dumb dumb.

Oh well, live and learn.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Dorphty also ran a new best 14.29 @ 96.62. By the way with each tweak Ellis has predicted exactly what it would run.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bill you may have not of taken anyone out but you sure gave me a run for my money. lol & that just happen to be the 2nd best light of the day I had. The 1st best Light was against Jackie.

Everyone did a good run & I didnt hear anyone saying anything bad, Except for Bill S. Telling everyone he better not hear anyone complaining about a hot car lol.

It was great seeing everyone & talking to everyone at the track. was fun. even met a few people who know me & I walk by them they say HI & I go HUH??? oh well it takes me a while to put names to faces lol.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Veteran

My car certainly didn't run a best time... it's off. The locker took some getting used to, which was fine. But the tune is way screwed... losing power on the big end, and doesn't seem to power out of the shifts like it used. Also definitely needs some new O2s and probably spark plugs by the way it smells...

Ah well... at least it was consistent, and it launches so damn hard that the 26x10.5x16 ET Streets just boil on the launch.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Yes I must admit racing yesterday was tough. I took out RC yesterday but he had pulled a .006 light on me. The next round I was not as lucky when the guy in the other lane pulled a .009 light on me. I ran my number with a five but my crappy .138 light killed me. I have GOT to get my lights down again. Part of it is the new digital lights and the other part is my car reacts faster then Stephs car.

Competion Is getting real tough. Most of the guys are pulling deadly lights and bagging on the end. I like to run an entire package WHEN I am on I like to pull a .010 to ,030 60ft and follow it up by running the number

Esoteric. I hope you and the other Mustang guys felt welcomed. I must admit there are a few of us that were not as welcoming as the rest but I hope on the over all basis we were good to all of you I know a few others and I enjoyed your company!
I enjoyed being there and being better able to connect faces to names. I did not enjoy losing to the white Chevy II again, but he drove a much better race and deserved to win. Every once in a while I will just blow the tires off or get no traction. When my 60 ft goes from a 1.55 to a 1.94, I am in trouble. Anyway, I have one more chance to be the points leader on my team. I need to win one more race than Doug Anderson. I want that huge cash prize for being points leader!
Old 08-21-2005, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, that damn guy in the white Chevy II has nailed many of us. When he is on his game, he is deadly. If he wasn't such a great guy I'd hate him....
Old 08-21-2005, 06:38 PM
11 Second Club

Don is a very nice guy. He is definetly one to keep an eye on at the track .
Old 08-22-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll ask again... how did Rotwiler Bill do?

Quick Reply: CCC results tonight