Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Police and why I am starting to dislike SOME

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Police and why I am starting to dislike SOME

Let me start by saying I was wrong however, so was he.
While driving home going the speed limit down Waga way hill in B-town this blue 350 Z is riding my ***. So I get over to let him pass then he paces me
His nose at mid door of my car. (speed limit is 55 then down to 50) I speed up to 65 he does, I slow down to 45 so does he, I want to get in his lane so I drop the bitch into 3rd and nail it get up to about 75 in a 50 so I can get in front of him. I figured that would teach the slow *** 350z a lesson. I get in his lane and go about 55 he is on me. As I turn onto to my road I look over at him and he flashes a Kitsap County Sherrifs badge, What a dick.
Every year I give 300 bucks to the Feternal order of Police in Washington because my best friend from High School is a New York State trooper and so was his dad. But I am done tired of them lying and abusing powering. No more money, no more support from me.

Last edited by My1st Truck; 10-10-2005 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have "flashed" something back at him. Hell, he is not going to see what it is.. He is a dick for screwing with you on the highway, then showing you what you think was a badge.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you should have taken his lic plate# down and made a report to a sargent.they have strick rules governing the badge off duty(I belive)and if it was not a real sheriff that boy would be in some seriuos *** trouble. food for thought. just my 2 cents
Old 10-11-2005, 03:28 AM
TECH Veteran

You have a lot of latitude on this in court - its still cheaper to pay an attorney $300 to get it dropped than pay for it through your insurance.

Even without all the facts it sounds like he "baited" you past the acceptable limit of trying to get someone to 'race' or break the law.

I know. I had a similar situation but once pulled over started writing down the badge number, license number, time, date, location et al and he didn't even give me a "verbal warning" - it doesn't take much to point there is a legal line he had crossed...like trying to intentionally box me in from taking my exit with my blinker on for 1/2 a mile then flooring it to get past his stupid ***.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Actually I have seen police let some people off if they are trying to get away from some dip-$#!* who is riding in your blind spot. If he was not just showing you his cracker jack prize and actually pulled you over then I would contest that ticket all day long. He did not have to create a hazardous diving condition for you by pacing you like that when it was obvious you were trying to get away from him by both slowing to let him go by as well as speeding up to get him off your a$$.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

So did he pull you over Mike? Or was he just being a dick & messing with you?
Old 10-11-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

He didn't pull me over, just being a dick. I wouldn't have stopped for a no light having 350z anyway.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
He didn't pull me over, just being a dick. I wouldn't have stopped for a no light having 350z anyway.
At least he didn't give you a ticket...........I've heard of lots of cops rolling around now in cars trying and egging races to get people in trouble. I got to keep that in mind the next time someone wants to **** with me on the freeway...........

What an ******* that guy was..........
Old 10-11-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Veteran

It sounds like IF that guy was a real cop and IF that was a real badge, then he was prolly a rookie using **** poor judgement.....but nothing happened to you anyway so I don't see where your "F* the police" attitude is coming from. :shrug: If this guy was even a real cop he was being foolish and couldn't/wouldn't/DIDN'T do anything to you anyway. Most he could have done was call over another on duty officer and ask him to write you up......which didn't happen.

Everyone gets all bent out of shape over stuff that didn't even affect them more then they seem to for actually getting tickets or arrested.

Just an observation.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I do, he gets paid by my tax dollars to protect and serve, not through his f*cking badge around.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah I do, he gets paid by my tax dollars to protect and serve, not through his f*cking badge around.
Uuumm, if he was off-duty (which from everything you said, he was) your tax dollars were paying for some other cops to be working. He was (IF he was really a cop) on his own time, so your tax dollars have no bearing on what occurred. Again, just an observation, no need to jump my about it.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

My tax dollars payed for the right for him to have that badge. Sorry if you feel like I am jumping your , but it would have been like me using the Navy when I was on "duty" to get ahead or intimidate someone, Just plain unacceptable in my book becuase someone's tax dollars payed for me to be there. It is a privliage, not a right. Like I said I was wrong, but so was he and I would expect him not use his badge in that sort of matter after just exceeding the speed limit by 15 mph in his personal vehicle.
What are you a Cop? Because if you are defending him, I would hate to have to get pulled over by you.

Last edited by My1st Truck; 10-11-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Veteran

My tax dollars payed for the right for him to have that badge.
Really? Because if I got a job up here, your tax dollars wouldn't have paid for one penny of it since I got all my training elsewhere. People also put themselves throught he academies (none of YOUR tax dollars being spent) as well as the fact that in all likelihood, he wasn't really even a cop.........if it is bothering you so much that you have to get all twisted at me, call that Dept. and file a complaint.

I am curious though, how you could tell it was a certain Dept's badge since you didn't see it close up..........are those Dept's badges SO different/unique that they are easily identifiable and no way it was some other Agency? If this doofus was even a real cop? I am just asking because I am not familier with their badges.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah kitsap county sherrifs have those huge star looking badges like the old time sherrifs they are pretty big, None of the staters or local cops have them. But I worked with some of them when I was doing base security after 9/11, they came in and did 4 weeks of training and our pepper spray class.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Veteran

My tax dollars payed for the right for him to have that badge. Sorry if you feel like I am jumping your , but it would have been like me using the Navy when I was on "duty" to get ahead or intimidate someone, Just plain unacceptable in my book becuase someone's tax dollars payed for me to be there. It is a privliage, not a right. Like I said I was wrong, but so was he and I would expect him not use his badge in that sort of matter after just exceeding the speed limit by 15 mph in his personal vehicle.
What are you a Cop? Because if you are defending him, I would hate to have to get pulled over by you.
I am a retired cop and I am not defending him by any stretch of the imagination. Matter of fact I am fairly sure I said a few not-so-pleasant things about the things he did in my earlier posts. My comments are directed at 1) You getting all over me (or seeming like you are) for something I didn't have anything to do with and 2) acting like the dude stopped you, beat you, wrote you a ticket AND arrested you. Again, it is always the people who didn't have anything bad happen to them (no ticket, no arrest, etc) who make the most noise and I find that very interesting.

And you hit the nail on the head....you said "like me using the Navy when I was on duty".....the dude was NOT on-duty IF he was even a cop at all. LOTS of fake/replica badges out there and LOTS of ******** use em to try to feel tough, try to intimidate people and for lots of other less then legal things. Again, I have never defended what occurred, I just am trying to enlighten you to a couple things you may not have thought of/known/etc, that's all.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah kitsap county sherrifs have those huge star looking badges like the old time sherrifs they are pretty big, None of the staters or local cops have them. But I worked with some of them when I was doing base security after 9/11, they came in and did 4 weeks of training and our pepper spray class.
Interesting........sounds like the stuff you see in TX, GA (the south in other words).........well, like I said before, if it bugs you so much, go down to the Sheriff's Station and file a complaint.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

In my home town apparently we don't have the right to file complaints....
Old 10-11-2005, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanna know what color the 350Z was,
did he have custom plates?
anything to make it stand out?
Old 10-11-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by KrautBurner
I wanna know what color the 350Z was,
did he have custom plates?
anything to make it stand out?
this blue 350 Z
Here ya go
Old 10-12-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I could file a complaint but I would rather just vent about here, be pissed a couple of days, realize it is one stupid guy, not all police, still give them cash when they call and move on.

Quick Reply: Police and why I am starting to dislike SOME