Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

What a day / week / game

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a day / week / game

After a rather hectic but productive week at work, Mrs Claus (Linda) comes home from back surgery today, and now the Seahawks win home field & Shawn ties the TD record @ 27. Merry Christmas to all!!! Back to cooking.....

Santa
Old 12-24-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

& they also just made it their best season ever 13-2 so far.

In since 84 their best season has been 12-4
Old 12-24-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

colts ALSO didnt play their most lethal weapons...but yeah "great game"...hopefully they match up in the SUPER BOWL *cough cough dont choke* and we will see whose really better...
BUT chances are hawks are guna choke after their bye week in the play offs....but it would be awesome to see them go to the super bowl...and you cant brag about a win where the colts didnt even play their starters
merry christmas everyone
Old 12-24-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Junkie

oh yah ps happy the surgery went well
Old 12-24-2005, 09:36 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah yeah, Indy didn't paly ALL of their starters....on defense. And they were rightfully more than a little distracted. They did however have the entire 1st string offense on the field until it was 14-3. Let us hope we see a rematch. Two GREAT teams & they seem to be pretty evenly matched.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:08 AM
10 Second Club

Let Linda know she has Cindy and my best wishes........let her know she is in our prayers also! She will get better quick and be back better than ever!
Old 12-25-2005, 01:32 AM
TECH Addict

WTF with all the Indy fans? Like I said in the other thread, and like what Mark just said above, Indy played their starters until they were down 14-3. Their first string offense could not score on our first team defense. I remind you all again that the Seattle Seahawks are the best team in the NFL in 2005. Yes, we are tied with the Colts, but we hold the tie-breaker. Deal with it.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cooking What???
Old 12-25-2005, 04:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by howierd42
WTF with all the Indy fans? Like I said in the other thread, and like what Mark just said above, Indy played their starters until they were down 14-3. Their first string offense could not score on our first team defense. I remind you all again that the Seattle Seahawks are the best team in the NFL in 2005. Yes, we are tied with the Colts, but we hold the tie-breaker. Deal with it.
lol, sounds like we should have sent you home with some more eggnogg and rum GO HAWKS!

PS: 2 hours on the charger and the lights are brighter than I thought, those lil' red cars can really move!
and knock over a table with a full mug of sticky hot cocoa all over the couch, table and rug in less than a second...
Old 12-25-2005, 04:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
After a rather hectic but productive week at work, Mrs Claus (Linda) comes home from back surgery today, and now the Seahawks win home field & Shawn ties the TD record @ 27. Merry Christmas to all!!! Back to cooking.....

Santa
Dear Santa,
I hope you saw my note in another thread and sent my best wishes for Mrs Claus. You're no slouch either for doing the cooking and stuff, hope you all are pain free this weekend
Old 12-26-2005, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah, you'd have to be living under a rock not to know about Dungie's son. But I won't buy that excuse either. I seem to remember Brett Farve having a career day when his dad died the day before that game. It is what you want to do with the information. How can I compare the two? Simple, Farve was a player, Dungie was a coach. And like I said earlier, Manning calls his own plays so having the coach not on the sidelines for that game was a non-factor. Everyone in the universe will make excuses why the Seahawks are not a good team. I am used to it. I have been a fan and season ticket holder since day one in 1976. You get use to being the whippin' boys of the NFL after a while in Seattle. We never get respect. We are the Rodney Dangerfield of professional sports.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Yeah yeah, Indy didn't paly ALL of their starters....on defense. And they were rightfully more than a little distracted. They did however have the entire 1st string offense on the field until it was 14-3. Let us hope we see a rematch. Two GREAT teams & they seem to be pretty evenly matched.
The Colts will never make the big game. The Pats will knock them out
Old 12-31-2005, 05:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
The Colts will never make the big game. The Pats will knock them out
Yea but will Seattle make the big game thats the question lol
Old 12-31-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by howierd42
Yeah, you'd have to be living under a rock not to know about Dungie's son. But I won't buy that excuse either. I seem to remember Brett Farve having a career day when his dad died the day before that game. It is what you want to do with the information. How can I compare the two? Simple, Farve was a player, Dungie was a coach. And like I said earlier, Manning calls his own plays so having the coach not on the sidelines for that game was a non-factor. Everyone in the universe will make excuses why the Seahawks are not a good team. I am used to it. I have been a fan and season ticket holder since day one in 1976. You get use to being the whippin' boys of the NFL after a while in Seattle. We never get respect. We are the Rodney Dangerfield of professional sports.
Howard....absolutely NOT picking on the Hawks here, but maybe you wanna think about losing that chip on your shoulder about them? We ALLLLLLL deal with the same crap with our chosen teams.......hell, I lived thru the 80's and early 90's with the Steelers......trust me that was no picnic either.

As for Favre vs Indy in dealing with tragedy...EVERYONE handles things differently........and not to be cruel or sound heartless to anyone who has suffered ANY loss, but losing a kid is a helluva lot harder then losing an adult parent......neither is easy, don't get me wrong, but parents are not supposed to bury their own children........anyway, it is inconsequential. The Hawks won fair & square and were the better team on Xmas Eve, no doubt about it.

No one (at least not that I read in either thread) is saying that Seattle isn't a great team, definitely the best in the NFC, possibly the best on the NFL, BUT, look at some of the teams they have played to get that 13-2 record......SF twice, St Louis twice, Arizona twice, etc.......again, NOT bashing on them or taking away from the amazing season they had, I just wouldn't read too much into that Indy win, or for that matter, the regular season cuz we allll know the playoffs are a whole different animal.

Hell, look at my team last year, 15-1 in the regular season with a rookie QB.......barely squeeked a win out over the Jets in the first playoff game and got our collective asses handed to us by the Pats in the AFC Championship........once the first 16 games are over, it is a whole new season.

That being said, I wish the 'Hawks all the luck in the world......unless they (and the Steelers) somehow manage to make it to SB 40.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:22 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats to all you Hawks fans!! But at the same time condolences. My Patriots are starting to announce their intentions and it doesn't look good for the rest of the league. I think it will come down to Da Bears and Seahawks in the NFC champ game. Hasselbeck needs to play really strong and not have any of his old mistakes. Seattle has had a great season but they really havent played some of the best teams in the league. Indy would have been a totally different game wihtout the tragedy. I like Seattle and think they are legit, but I also think Matt can loose it for them in a heartbeat with his at times immaturity. Best of luck to Seattle, they are my second team. If the Pats get knocked out then they'll get my full attention.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok who in there right F'ing mind CHOOSES to loose by that much

IF the Colts COULD have won the game they would have...end of story
Old 12-31-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Ok who in there right F'ing mind CHOOSES to loose by that much
According to Pete Rose, If the price is right...............

Old 12-31-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Junkie

hey are playoffs starting? **** SD vs DEN is on
Old 12-31-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Junkie

good post rott, very good post, i never put down the hawks there an awesome team and a hard working team that deserve alot of credit! nvm playoffs in january..i was kidding about that other post
Old 12-31-2005, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont think play offs start for another week or so. Seattle still has one more game of the reg season

Quick Reply: What a day / week / game