Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

CCC Results from today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CCC Results from today.

Just got home and thought I would post some results. N.F. Fbody put 9 aout of 15 into the second round. Good show guy's!!! Mark and Ellis ended up in the Semis but both Red lit. Overall it was a good day for most. The only real downer was they would not let us run time only runs after most the serious racing was done. I will let everyone post their times accordingly. My best for the day was a 12.309@110.70mph with a 1.685 60ft. Unfortunately I can't seem to cut a decent light so I went down in the 1st round. Oh well there is always next time. Congrats to everyone. Good job today!!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 11:24 PM
12 Second Club

I wish I wasn't so tired, would have been better. If the track always hooked this good I would be a happy camper. This is the first time ever at the track I made 5 passes and didn't spin, but car was bouncing off the rev limiter(yay). Red lit in the 3rd round at -.004, but finally dropped in the 1.69's 60 foot.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

between yesterday and today I think I've found out how to get below a 2.0 60'

I eliminated myself in the first round
Red light,
then "Broke out" of my dial in (with a new personal best of 13.1@107)

maybe next time

Russ
Old 05-06-2006, 11:30 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran a new best of 13.281 @ 105.25 mph..

And guess who I passed on the way home? A certain red white and blue Vette...
Old 05-06-2006, 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

Congrats to all. Rotwiler, you got a great 60' time. What ET did that 60' produce? I hope to have such luck with my 60' when I get home. That should get me mid to low 11's.

Well I wish I could of been out there racing with you all, or at least there to watch. Congrats to those of you who got new best ET's.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks to Mark for trailering my Stang back home. The engine was making unpleasant noises.

I have a head off, but don't see any real issues, yet. I will keep you guys (Ellis Mark, and Don) posted. Looks like the pan will have to come off before I know. That indicates Don's guess was a good one.

Thanks Mark, again. I enjoyed driving your well mannered and incredibly powerful "street" car. I appreciate your generosity.

Last edited by esoteric; 05-07-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Over all it was a good day. I came home with a hand full of time slips to go over. My biggest problem of the day was suspenion setup. Jim and I had made a change and it was not working. So for the first time in years my car was inconsistant off the line

Even with that Mark and I found our way to the Semi Finals. Four cars left and we were representing TNWB well. We figured at least one of us would bring home a piece of the gold! We were Horribly Wrong

Mark had been deadly all day. He had EIGHT 11.01x passes! He pared up against Kenny O' and red lite against him. I was feeling confident as I had seen John (Esoteric) dail a Number I was fairly sure he could not run and I had Number I MIGHT have to barely lift on depending on how I hooked. The Previous pass I had my worst 60Ft of the day so I was soft on the dail but safe.

John and I did our B/O and pulled to the line...ALL business on both sides. He hit his tree HARD and I hitt mine to hard to a -.026 Red Light He ran a 12.12 on his 11.97 dail and I ran a 11.50(3rd of the day) on my 11.52 dial. I pushed because I knew I had lost.

So it is Kenny O' and John in the Final. Problem was John's car lost some thing. It was un-happy and making bad noises. Kenny O' was Kind enough to give John time to check his rockers...We were all making "Pinks" jokes By the time John had pulled to the line he knew he had a dead Player and we had all ready made arrangements to get him home.

John Tried to pull one on Kenny and see if he could get him to Red light but Kenny was all over the hurt car and just ran a soft run for the win.

After wards Mark un-loaded the WS6 and we loaded John up on the trailer. John Insisted we eat at his house so we all headed out.

Once we got to John's and un-loaded the Mustang and put her away we went in and had a GREAT meal prepared by his wife! What a Great Cook! Salmon, Greens and Rice covered in a Teriaki sauce to die for! Don his Wife Chris, Mark and his wife Linda, Tayler and I were all full by the time we left.

What a great day it was. This is a great gruop of Friends and as some found out today we are always willing to help.

I DID find out two things A well setup 400hp F-body will pull a 500hp Cobra and If you pass a Mustang fast Enough you can Scare the engine to DEATH!

Actually We are all sorry about the Engine John. Left us know if we can help in any way!

GO Team Northwest F-Body!!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:11 AM
12 Second Club

Great day guys I've got the photos processing now and will have them uploading tonight while I sleep before work tomorrow lol. Wanted to run but probably better that I didn't. Should really wait for the new clutch and she needs brake pads soon.

Sorry I bailed early had to go meet up with a friend when she got off work. lol Funny seein rick and doug though on the ferry lol Looked over and there was doug and rick standing there lookin at me. Everytime I hear that GMMG doug it just makes me want it more and more lol. Yeah the cutouts are loud obnoxious and just mean. But the gmmg is just sooooooo sweet lol.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:36 AM
TECH Addict

picts!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:41 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by howierd42
picts!

hehe 329 photos take a while to process and upload

ok fine here are a few samples that I've got processed

Last edited by rookiels1; 05-07-2006 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Over all it was a good day. I came home with a hand full of time slips to go over. My biggest problem of the day was suspenion setup. Jim and I had made a change and it was not working. So for the first time in years my car was inconsistant off the line

Even with that Mark and I found our way to the Semi Finals. Four cars left and we were representing TNWB well. We figured at least one of us would bring home a piece of the gold! We were Horribly Wrong

Mark had been deadly all day. He had EIGHT 11.01x passes! He pared up against Kenny O' and red lite against him. I was feeling confident as I had seen John (Esoteric) dail a Number I was fairly sure he could not run and I had Number I MIGHT have to barely lift on depending on how I hooked. The Previous pass I had my worst 60Ft of the day so I was soft on the dail but safe.

John and I did our B/O and pulled to the line...ALL business on both sides. He hit his tree HARD and I hitt mine to hard to a -.026 Red Light He ran a 12.12 on his 11.97 dail and I ran a 11.50(3rd of the day) on my 11.52 dial. I pushed because I knew I had lost.

So it is Kenny O' and John in the Final. Problem was John's car lost some thing. It was un-happy and making bad noises. Kenny O' was Kind enough to give John time to check his rockers...We were all making "Pinks" jokes By the time John had pulled to the line he knew he had a dead Player and we had all ready made arrangements to get him home.

John Tried to pull one on Kenny and see if he could get him to Red light but Kenny was all over the hurt car and just ran a soft run for the win.

After wards Mark un-loaded the WS6 and we loaded John up on the trailer. John Insisted we eat at his house so we all headed out.

Once we got to John's and un-loaded the Mustang and put her away we went in and had a GREAT meal prepared by his wife! What a Great Cook! Salmon, Greens and Rice covered in a Teriaki sauce to die for! Don his Wife Chris, Mark and his wife Linda, Tayler and I were all full by the time we left.

What a great day it was. This is a great gruop of Friends and as some found out today we are always willing to help.

I DID find out two things A well setup 400hp F-body will pull a 500hp Cobra and If you pass a Mustang fast Enough you can Scare the engine to DEATH!

Actually We are all sorry about the Engine John. Left us know if we can help in any way!

GO Team Northwest F-Body!!!!
What kind of mustang does John have? Was it the 500hp Cobra you were talking about? And is he on NWF-Bodies's team?

Keep us posted on the damage John, I hope its not too big of a deal and that you get that thing up and running soon.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:51 AM
8 Second Club

holy hell ellis looks like those et radials really hook for you. what kind of 6oft time have you been getting. btw i just picked up a set of bogart ss wheels 10s or bust
Old 05-07-2006, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Man I am sorry I missed it! Sounds like fun was had by all! I will be at the next one come hell or high water! I had to take the one and only grandchild back to New York to meat the grandparents.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

"sigh" i miss the track
Old 05-07-2006, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry we missed dinner, But we followed Jim and his mom and ended up going the wrong way. Decided to take the Kingston ferry and head home from there. Good thing cause I was beat. Sorry to hear about your problems with the car John. And thanks for the invite to dinner. Hope you get it fixed by the 19th. Also good job bill, you ran very good all day.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Wish I could've been there. . . my best friend got back from Iraq yesterday and I didn't know what time he'd be getting in, so I stayed at home. I was sure it was going to rain, too. . .

When's the next one? I'm looking forward to it!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

Had a great time, still learning lots everytime at the track, but starting to feel comfortable. Ellis I think it is time to starting modding.

I ran 13.82, 13.77, 13.82, 13.82.

Pretty elite group in the final four cars, congrats to Kenny.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds as if it was a great day for all. Congrats to all who got new bests, and to Mark and Ellis for getting to top four. I really miss pounding the hey outa my car, but will be back soon. Sorry about the breakage John, I know how it feels.
Robert
Old 05-07-2006, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats guys! when is the nwxt meet?
Old 05-07-2006, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for dinner John! That was delicious!!! And if I can, I have no problem towing a fellow racer home. It could happen to any of us, and I hope someone is there when it's my turn.....

All in all, it was a good day at the track. The weather held off, the track was good, and my car is as consistent as it was before the blower / stroker mod. Being more consistent that Ellis's car made me pleasantly surprised to say the least! I made 8 passes, 6 were 11.0x, 2 I lifted & ran 11.1x. And I pulled 1.5x 60's ALL day. My best run was 11.001 @ 124.37.

My reward for all that was getting to race Kenny's orange Chevelle in the semis. I knew my car would run it's number, so I tried (a little too hard) to cut a good light. -.088 FRACK! And then I ran an 11.07 on my 11.00 dial. I think it was there if I would have just done my normal thing. Oh well, next time maybe.

I will try to get the points worked out & post them today. I'm dog tired, so it may not happen, but I'll try. GOOD JOB by all. In the 1/4 finals we had 7 cars from 5 different clubs. Not bad for the 1st day. Sorry Ellis & I couldn't bring home some hardware for NWF-Body.

Nice pics Josh....thanks!

Quick Reply: CCC Results from today.