Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

New Clutch choice

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006 | 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default New Clutch choice

as some of you may know, I burned my clutch the other day... This time I will be patient and wait for Ellis to do it However, I never liked the stiff feeling of spec stage 3 clutch. I want something can feel close to stock and hold up to 400-500whp easily, and at the track with very sticky tires.

Checking LS7 clutch out these days, seems reasonably cheap and good... What are your suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-31-2006 | 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hear nothing but good things about the LS7
Old 06-01-2006 | 01:15 AM
11 Second Club

I think Eric (Ram-it) just had Ellis put one in his Z06 and he loves it.
Old 06-01-2006 | 02:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99LSS1
I think Eric (Ram-it) just had Ellis put one in his Z06 and he loves it.
Not quite sure as well but if its holding up with Eric's restless foot, it should hold up just fine.

Ya gotta ask the Groo Master himself - he rocks when it comes to what will hold and what won't
Old 06-01-2006 | 02:55 PM
Teching In

Just out of curiosity, did you not like the stiffness of the pedal? Or was it the harshness of the on/off engagement style of the metallic puck friction disk? Just curious, because I see most people being happy with the easy pedal effort, but unhappy with the "lack of streetability." The SPEC stage 3+ is more streetable then the stage 3, as it does not chatter and is a bit easier to slip. I would also recemmend the LS7 clutch, as it is extremely streetable and well designed.
Old 06-01-2006 | 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

I say do the LS7...
Old 06-01-2006 | 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Everyone says the LS7 clutch (AND flywheel) are way cool Im looking at them right now after LEARNING what NOT to do at the track

Trending Topics

Old 06-01-2006 | 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bartman22
Just out of curiosity, did you not like the stiffness of the pedal? Or was it the harshness of the on/off engagement style of the metallic puck friction disk? Just curious, because I see most people being happy with the easy pedal effort, but unhappy with the "lack of streetability." The SPEC stage 3+ is more streetable then the stage 3, as it does not chatter and is a bit easier to slip. I would also recemmend the LS7 clutch, as it is extremely streetable and well designed.
I guess it being stiff didn't bother me as much as the quick engagement point... This setup I had was horrible, I bought it used 1000miles... PP+clutch [stage3]+lightweight spec flywheel. First it was vibrating at high RPMs, then I got it balanced... It was better but still not perfect. Chattering and still vibrating a little, it is a nightmare...

After the harsh lap day, clutch couldn't hold that much power and energy and failed...

So far LS7 sounds like the best option, but I must be able to race the car

Quick Reply: New Clutch choice