Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Summit Racing is Awsome.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Summit Racing is Awsome.

So I call Tuesday to order something for Ellis and a Racing Jacket for me. Ellis's item is in Nevada and will be delivered in 2 to 3 days. Mine is in Georgia and should take 5 to 6 days. They both arrived today. Free shipping and all. It doesn't get any better than that
Old 06-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

What Jacket did you get?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Very Nice!!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

I got the RCI single layer. Blue with the white stripe. $59.99.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:44 PM
12 Second Club

Not many places like Speed Secrets or NW Diff. where your expectations get exceeded. Nice to hear about positive experiences.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Wow that's pretty cool, they rarely ever ship stuff on time for me, and I don't buy their free shipping ish. $130 for a battery, and then "free" shipping Went to Costco and got a Red Top locla for $104.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Jegs and Summit are both great... I just like know that my cousin calls to the desk of John Coughlin @ Jegs and either gets heavily discounted or free! He put in like a $2K order and it came in like 2 days... Not bad for having a sticker on his car...
Old 06-09-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually order from Jegs, and they're the same way... Ordered my two centerline rear wheels and ET street tires, along with lug nuts last Monday, they were here Thursday morning.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok I have to argue about Jegs. Don’t know if Summit does the same thing but there is no free shipping at Jegs. They say free and dont charge you for shipping per say but their handling fee is a direct replacement for it. I've ordered a few things from them. The price in the book is not the final price. They add a handling fee and then tell you they ship for free.
Ship my stuff to my door for the price in the catalogue and then I’ll call it free shipping. Add charges to it and its not free shipping that’s simple to equate.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

the showroom in reno for summit racing is awesome.

setup just like the catalog.. everything has it's own aisle (LS1, 5.0, mopar,etc)

very nice.
but they hire dumbasses..
Old 06-10-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Poik
Wow that's pretty cool, they rarely ever ship stuff on time for me, and I don't buy their free shipping ish. $130 for a battery, and then "free" shipping Went to Costco and got a Red Top locla for $104.
OH,hayelllll yes,.mail order batteries??????? I dont think so, and for batteries??COSTCO IS holding Not to mention all the cool toys!!!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 11secproject
Jegs and Summit are both great... I just like know that my cousin calls to the desk of John Coughlin @ Jegs and either gets heavily discounted or free! He put in like a $2K order and it came in like 2 days... Not bad for having a sticker on his car...
Lets get the caveat out of the way, Brad has a far better relationship with the Coughlins, then just having their sticker on his car.... I know he has actually borrowed their dragster before and ran S/C with it, and alot of this has to do with the relationships Bernie and Brad have developed throughout the racing community and it helps that Brad is a great driver and a rising star in Drag Racing even on the national level.

That said, either SUmmit or Jeg's have always done good by me. Summit's website is far superior, and you can see what is and isn't in stock online. As long as the part is in Nevada (as mentioned in a previous post) you get it in 2 days to this area. Otherwise it may take a week. Jegs has 2 days guaranteed shipping nationwide. In short whoever has the part(s) I need (one may have some brands/products that the other doesn't), and can get them to me the soonest.

One other note for anyone with a 9 second or faster car, Summit recently added a Pro Shop department and once/if you qualify the discounts are VERY nice. I understand Jeg's just did a similar program though I haven't seen the details on it yet.

Cheers
Old 06-11-2006, 02:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by KTamez

One other note for anyone with a 9 second or faster car, Summit recently added a Pro Shop department and once/if you qualify the discounts are VERY nice. I understand Jeg's just did a similar program though I haven't seen the details on it yet.

Cheers
Don to Chris...

Honey, now I have reason to spray into the 9s, even if it won't count on the "Run what ya brung list"

Quick Reply: Summit Racing is Awsome.