Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Christmas came early this year!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 03:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas came early this year!

After nearly 3 months of :quoties: issues with fitment and Gravana dragging their heels(hate to say bad things about a sponsor, but their post sale support left much to be desired), I finally have my GTO back!!!

I really like this Woodward hood. It's so lightweight I am afraid I'll break it every time I close it. It looks good enough that on the way home from the dealership I passed some construction by my house and the whole construction crew, plus the cop directing traffic, all looked right at me and rubber necked as I drove by. I could still see their eyes glued to the car in my rearview mirror as I drove away. It's a great feeling.

I also want to give a big :thumbs: to the body shop at Auburn Valley Pontiac. I told them I absolutely had to have the car back this week so that I could get it over to Kentlake High School on Monday. (it's going to be their advanced auto-shop suspension project) When we found out Gravana hadn't shipped a new hood yet, (they were waiting for the first one to be shipped back) I had told them to just throw the old damaged hood back on so I could get the car where it had to go. Well, when I went to pick up the car this morning...it was finished!!! They decided to eat the labor (8 hours worth!) to try one last possible way to get the first hood to fit right. They completely unbolted all the front end body panels and framing and adjusted everything to match up with the hood, and still have even gaps all the way around.

Another A+++ for the service staff at Auburn Valley Pontiac.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

looks good...
Old 12-08-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

Very nice!!
Old 12-08-2006, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks great!!

Mike
Old 12-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, make it look like a different car. Very nice, congrats! (Get that sig pic changed now)
Old 12-08-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Biased on the look, they are close to the LT1 style of Camaro

Sooooooooooo.......what are the kids going to do to it? Lower to a tennis ball eater? That rocks and don't forget to post pictures of them working on it. Kids don't always get the credit they deserve looking at this stuff with fresh eyes.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it just the photo, or does it look like the front of the hood could be adjusted to sit more flush with the front grill and fenders?

Other than though, awesome choice for hoods. I've seen quite a few different aftermarket hoods for these cars, and that is one of the better ones I've seen.

Mike
Old 12-08-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Is it just the photo, or does it look like the front of the hood could be adjusted to sit more flush with the front grill and fenders?

Other than though, awesome choice for hoods. I've seen quite a few different aftermarket hoods for these cars, and that is one of the better ones I've seen.

Mike
It would take replacing the hood latch spring. This hood is less than half the weight and it simply doesn't compress the spring as much as stock. It's a very minor thing though.

GEARHEAD, they'll be installing a set of Hotchkiss sways, a drive-shaft safety loop, and checking the alignment.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Very nice!
Old 12-10-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sig pic updated.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Regular

sweet!!