Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

This guys' a trip(Long story)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default This guys' a trip(Long story)

Okay guys, this is kind of a long story but bear with me it's worth reading.

Theres this guy who's got a 2002 WS6 who resides at my barracks. He's got some work done to his car an I've really wanted to race him to see what its got. Well, tonight I finally come across him in the parking lot an decide to chat with him a little bit, his car is sort of riced out, ghetto rims, Ram-air sticker across the windshield, silver overlays everywhere. He shows me what he's got under the hood an I start to scratch my head, im not sure what to think of this guy. Where do I begin? He's got a Comp Cam in it but he doesnt know what size (he bought it from a dealership in Hawaii) said it had 500 to the wheels before he did other stuff to it, said it has more now, but he hasn't dynoed it here in WA.

He's got some MAF translator? that gives him like 60 hp? A jet programmer PCM? Slp smooth bellows, borla exhaust, no cats, QTP cut-out? He has his engine governor taken off an says his car will do 175, I think he said he took his rev-limiter off too? Mac midlength headers, STB, Edelbrock lowering kit? that gets him out of the hole quick. He says he runs high 11's on street tires, haha street tires that are skinnier than my 275's. Sorry this is a little long guys but it gets better trust me

I decide to show him what I got an maybe convince him to race me, so I run back upstairs to grab my keys. I pop my hood an one of the first things he says to me is that I've gotta get rid of my stock bellows piece, because I'm losing at LEAST 40 hp from it(I had a Fernco I bought for 5 bucks but it was making my lid not seat right so i said screw it an threw it away) he bets a billion dollars on it okay. He also doesnt understand that when i got a tune I didnt get my top speed governor taken off, I try to tell him that I don't need to go past 160, he tells me that when i go WOT its limiting my power or something. He went on about the tune an saying how i got ripped off because I could've gained like 100 hp from it, from a tune alone apparantly. The speed governor thing really seemed to baffle him, lol. So I guess you ripped me off Ellis according to this guy I want my money back! hahaha. Oh the best part was when I asked him to do a little race on the highway, he declined an told me i'd kill myself (Yet he told me I should take off my speed governor? )

This really pissed me off cuz I wanted to see how full of **** this guy was and he tried to make me feel stupid for wanting to race him. I know I shouldn't but you guys have to understand how this feels. When someone tries to tell you your mods are bullshit when you obviously know he's a dumbass. Thats a hard temptation to resist. I really want you guys to meet him, maybe you could talk some sense into him. Should I invite him to the BBQ?
Old 06-30-2007, 02:27 AM
TECH Regular

omg that would be a riot hed get laughed outa the party so quick. hed never show his face again. so I guess I threw away thousands and thousands of dollars to reach over 500whp when all I had to do is get a cam I knew nothing about and a canned tune and a smooth bellows. DAMNIT I SUCK AGAIN !! haha ~Guy

Last edited by ssdriver27; 07-03-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know man, an to top it all off he said he had a Diablo Predator Sport, I think he's got more programmers, an chips than a freakin space shuttle I did some research on those MAF translators, I guess back in the day they were good to have before LS1 tuning software came out because you could adjust your AFR. Today they seem pretty useless because its nothing a good tune can't do, an arent they pretty expensive?
Old 06-30-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

thats an awesome story, and of course it had to be an army guy ugh.........there is another guy running around post with a red ta lt1 with a cowl induction hood. He has some stories to tell as well
Old 06-30-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh i'm sure, it's kind of sad really--I mean as soon as i saw this guy's car around here i was like sweet, someone to chat an hangout with. I mean I wasn't impressed too much by the outside of the car but I thought i'd give him a chance to see what he had. Nope he's an idiot, i guess he's what you could call a "propaganda modder" finds crap in magazines an believes the hype about them. He kinda reminds me of an E-6 I came across in the chowhall, he had an LS1 Trans Am an didnt want to spend the money to get power out of it, said you'd be better off buying an LS2 and putting it in since it came with 400 hp . Needless to say he ended up trading it in for a new mustang GT. What are the odds huh?
Old 07-01-2007, 05:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hes just a kid,..... the biggest misstake he made was not letting you talk first,.....then im sure he wouldnt have put sooooo much "spin" on his,....eh,.....bullshit! Dont even waste your time asking about the,...."dyno sheet"
Old 07-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Play up his ego and ask him for a short race (At the track with your 25.5 spec cage of course) so you can see how much faster he is. When you pull on him ask him if something is wrong with his car.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha thats good, the way this guy talks I doubt he'll ever get to a track-he said he went to Pacific an was outraged at the price he had to pay, he said he even wrote them a letter online telling them how he felt. I'll maybe see if I can convince him to go out to Bremerton, an do a nice long burnout on his 245's before he runs his high 11's I really just wanna catch this guy leaving base heading my way. I know he won't resist with all his bullshit he said about street racing.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a guy staying with the in laws that has a late 70's camaro and he talks to most bogus crap you could ever believe, and thinks the car is worth millions.

He claims his engine is a rare one with the 515 hp option from "back in the day" and at the time it was only running 2.5" exhaust. He got a 3" setup out of jegs and claims he has people screaming to him left and right "that sounds sweet!" which I have yet to see, and it doesn't even sound that good. I decided to take it easy on him and didn't tell him I have my GTP running 3" exhaust and the TA came stock with it and people have to opt for larger exhaust when they get past 400+.

It's funny to listen to some people talk about cars, and it is funny the amount of people that eat into their bullshit they spew out also.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

hey nick if you were a cool guy and on main post, there is a few ls1's running around
Old 07-02-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ws6man2000
hey nick if you were a cool guy and on main post, there is a few ls1's running around
hey who said I wasn't a cool guy, haha? Yea I'll see a few around the base when i venture to that neck of the woods.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rawr256
There is a guy staying with the in laws that has a late 70's camaro and he talks to most bogus crap you could ever believe, and thinks the car is worth millions.

He claims his engine is a rare one with the 515 hp option from "back in the day" and at the time it was only running 2.5" exhaust. He got a 3" setup out of jegs and claims he has people screaming to him left and right "that sounds sweet!" which I have yet to see, and it doesn't even sound that good. I decided to take it easy on him and didn't tell him I have my GTP running 3" exhaust and the TA came stock with it and people have to opt for larger exhaust when they get past 400+.

It's funny to listen to some people talk about cars, and it is funny the amount of people that eat into their bullshit they spew out also.

Ya know that reminds me of that guy I knew in the chowhall that traded his TA for a new mustang. It had a WS7 sticker on it an he was telling people it was a "real" WS7 Trans Am. I tried to tell them there was no such thing an that it was just a sticker but, they were riding this guy's nuts like no tomorrow. "No its a real car an its pretty rare I've never seen one"
That's because they don't exist retard--ah some people's kid's
Old 07-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Get their email address' and I will invite them out to a gig.

This always proves who the posers are. There are alot with LSx cars.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LFSADRG
Get their email address' and I will invite them out to a gig.

This always proves who the posers are. There are alot with LSx cars.

Sent you a pm LFSADRG
Old 07-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Got it.

Street racing is bad...except in traffic...in the day time...with passengers.

NVME needs Jesus.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

All I wanna know is were this shop in Hawaii is, That way I can buy one of those awesome Comp Cams!!!!! Hell I will fly out and get it and come back and ask this guy for some help to put it in right. Just to make sure I don't put it in the wrong hole or something.

Lane
Old 07-03-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crazylane
All I wanna know is were this shop in Hawaii is, That way I can buy one of those awesome Comp Cams!!!!! Hell I will fly out and get it and come back and ask this guy for some help to put it in right. Just to make sure I don't put it in the wrong hole or something.

Lane

I was thinking the other day "Hmm I wonder if this guy just thinks he has a cam in the car because of the sticker on the underside of the hood?" It would have to be a pretty small cam, because it doesn't lope at all. You know If I bought a car with a cam in it an I didn't know the size (Yet it idled like stock) I'd prolly just play it off like I didn't have a cam, but thats me

Quick Reply: This guys' a trip(Long story)