Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

interesting... Mike Vick vs Don Imus A must read

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default interesting... Mike Vick vs Don Imus A must read

one of those E-Mails I rcvd today...

Subject: Mike Vick vs Don Imus A must read!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay lets all sit back and wait and see what happens here with Mike Vick. How long will it take for the "Lets start to forgive" to hit the air waves, I say right away. Listen I agree we do need to forgive, I understand that there are animal lovers that will never think of forgiving him, I understand this just as there are a few people that won't forget what Don Imus said. Now how long has it taken for the "Lets start to forgive" to be heard for him, not yet as a matter of fact when it seemed as though Don Imus might be making a come back the only thing you heard is "Oh no he should never be allowed to be on the air again period". So what did Imus do that Vick did not, did Imus train animals to kill each other for profit ? These are creatures that have no control over what happened to them, none what so ever. And when they did not respond the way they were trained, to kill, they were killed and killed a horrible death. But what the heck they were only dogs and Imus spoke words, now the fact is those words while they were indeed very hurtful, and just about the worst thing a person could have done over the air they were words and in no way possible could they cause death by drowning or hanging or slamming them to the ground or shooting , but that is what happened to these poor animals. And what will be the result, every thing you will hear on the media is Mike Vick deserves another chance just like any other citizen. You will hear how he has asked for your forgiveness for his wrong and how he has asked for your forgiveness from his heart. So what did Imus do, did he not meet with and ask the girls team for their forgiveness and is he not a part of this same human race that should forgive and allow him to make a living. I don't think so, just ask Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. Well now the shoe is on the other foot isn't it Jesse and what are you going to say now Al, let us learn to forgive. Of course they will remain in the back ground until enough is said in the media about forgiving Mike that they can begin their campaign of " If Mike Vick was a white man or why should he not be allowed to resume his life he paid his price". Of course they will also use the fact that Vick did jail time all Imus did was lose his job. Don't go for it, Imus did not kill or torture anything Vick did. There is a difference, you do time for a crime not for saying something stupid, because if you did Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be doing life. Don't do it, do not forgive Mike Vick until Don Imus gets his forgiveness, if you want everyone living by the same standards fine let us start here and now, other wise let us play by the same rules, no work for Imus no work for Vick. Let this be the standard by which we begin to silence those that care only about them selves and are heard for profit only and not for concern, because in case you don't know it every time Sharpton and Jackson get involved they mak e money, so lets shut them up and let us stand up for what is right . Now when Imus is forgiven we will work on forgiving Vick, not until......................................If you agree pass this along, hopefully it will gain the right attention and make a difference. Hopefully there will be forgiveness for Vick and Imus but not just for one.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think comparing Imus to P-diddy is a better analogy. Vick killed some dogs, so I say we shoot him. Oh wait, they were Pit Bulls....pin a medal on him.

Seriously tho, the real injustice is all the other "sports heros" that beat or kill their wives / family members & just get their hands slapped.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

**** vick, now that he's deep in **** all of the sudden he's found Jesus. Gimme a break. He deserves what he gets and I hope that Judge who is a dog owner gives him the maximum sentence.

Imus is just a moron running his gums for money. Hell, if you want controversy on the airwaves just sign me up and I'll shock the ****** world.

Roger Goodell is about 10 years late in trying to clean up the nfl. I do like the way he goes about it though.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I think comparing Imus to P-diddy is a better analogy. Vick killed some dogs, so I say we shoot him. Oh wait, they were Pit Bulls....pin a medal on him.

Seriously tho, the real injustice is all the other "sports heros" that beat or kill their wives / family members & just get their hands slapped.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

Oh c'mon Rick, tell us what you REALLY think....
Old 08-29-2007, 11:15 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Imus is a washed up no-talent... Vick is a scumbag... screw both of them.

Anyone who "finds Jesus" when they get in trouble needs to be kicked in the junk.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrEvyl

Anyone who "finds Jesus" when they get in trouble needs to be kicked in the junk.

amen brotha
Old 08-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Oh c'mon Rick, tell us what you REALLY think....
Who me?

Don't get me started on Jackson and Sharpton.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DrEvyl

I couldn't agree with both of you more. As do most of the people I know. Strange No One I know wants to forgive Vick, but I see it on the TV and papers starting already..
All I wanna know is why this S.O.B. isn't in prison yet..
Oh wait, He's black, He's a sports star and he has cash...Now who does this remind me of..
Old 08-29-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 01T-TopToy
I couldn't agree with both of you more. As do most of the people I know. Strange No One I know wants to forgive Vick, but I see it on the TV and papers starting already..
All I wanna know is why this S.O.B. isn't in prison yet..
Oh wait, He's black, He's a sports star and he has cash...Now who does this remind me of..
I can explain the "why is he not in jail yet" question........cuz he posted bail & has not been sentenced. That will occur in the beginning of December, the 10th IIRC. Which works out good so that even if he only gets 12 months (which I pray he gets WAY more) then he will miss this season, next season and won't even be eligible to find out what his suspension or possible ban will be until the 2009 season. Win-win IMHO.

Not too many crimes that you are immediately remanded to custody after pleading guilty or being found guilty. There is always a period between that and the sentencing hearing. And if you are out on bail, bail is almost always continued until sentencing....exceptions being capital crimes like murder, kidnap, etc.

Not saying I agree, just saying how it is, for everyone.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

so whats wrong with pit bulls wahusker? lol

brody
Old 08-29-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by XLR8N
so whats wrong with pit bulls wahusker? lol

brody
I love em. Had an awesome one when I was 22. She was an angel........but some people (not saying Mark or anyone specifically) have that preconceived notion that because some breeds get in the news (thanks to the liberal biased media) more than others, people think they are all bad.

And some people have had bad personal experiences with them, so it seems logical that they would be predisposed to dislike them more then others.

Again, I have no idea what Mark's opinions are and this is not directed at him or anyone.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

I was a foster home for a pitbull for two months. She was the sweetest dog I think I've owned. None of the stereotypes what so ever. It's all the wimpy gang banger wannabees that give them a bad name.

First it was Dobies, then German Shepherds, then Rotts, now PB's. Its all in the ownership and how they are raised.

I walk my puppy around the neighborhood every now and then and some people will go out of their way to cross the street before I get to them to avoid my 65lb pile of puppy energy. She's totally harmless but she's got the look some are scared of.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've known more than one person that had their own PitBull turn on them for no reason. It's the only dog I've heard of that has done that? I don't know about anyone else, but to me it seems like they give themselves a bad name. Of course this is just my own opinion.

I am a total animal lover and haved owned dogs all of my life, big and small, but will never own a pitbull and I don't want one around me or my family. I would love to own a Rotti or a German Shephard though...
Old 08-29-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
I was a foster home for a pitbull for two months. She was the sweetest dog I think I've owned. None of the stereotypes what so ever. It's all the wimpy gang banger wannabees that give them a bad name.

First it was Dobies, then German Shepherds, then Rotts, now PB's. Its all in the ownership and how they are raised.

I walk my puppy around the neighborhood every now and then and some people will go out of their way to cross the street before I get to them to avoid my 65lb pile of puppy energy. She's totally harmless but she's got the look some are scared of.
I remember when EVERYONE would do that with my first Rottie, Monster. His name turned out to be very fitting......for his size.
Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
I've known more than one person that had their own PitBull turn on them for no reason. It's the only dog I've heard of that has done that? I don't know about anyone else, but to me it seems like they give themselves a bad name. Of course this is just my own opinion.

I am a total animal lover and haved owned dogs all of my life, big and small, but will never own a pitbull and I don't want one around me or my family. I would love to own a Rotti or a German Shephard though...
It happens more then you would think (animals turning on their owners) but the negative "breed of the month" will be the one to get the bad publicity/news time. But if you are not comfortable with a breed, then you are doing the right thing by not owning it.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

i lived with some of my buddies awhile back and one of then had a blue brindle pit. this this looked ferosious but was the sweetest thing ever. he had one of his girls come over that had never been there before as soon as she walked in the door the dog ran strait at her the girl just froze with fear. all the dog did was lick her leg and wag his tail. i think she used the bathroom while standing there, lol. i think its all in how you raise the dog. but i do not leave our dog outside unatended just cause kids walk by and tease animals all the time. thats the kind of thing that can make any dog violent.

brody
Old 08-29-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

I have nothing against pits, never been around one enough to have an opinion. Just making my sterotypical smart-*** remark to add humor to all of this. Vick is an idiot! He hung around with the wrong people & got involved in some stupid ****. And those of us that grew up on the street can relate. Personally I'd much rather see the ex Nebraska (& Dolphin) running back spend time for beating up women....

Just about any dog will bite if pushed far enough. Some breeds bite more than others. I think labs have the worst record suprisingly. The most agressive dogs I've been around on average have been shepherds. And some dogs (like people) are just cranky.....my brohters Scotty comes to mind. But a pit bull is SO strong when one does bite, it usually ends up bad.

I will say this, if a Pig Ear ever tries to break into our house, it's in BIG trouble with our dogs.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

hey Z Angel you didnt seem to mind Rosco when he was over at your house. and your little dogs didnt seem to be in much danger playing with him either. and our new little girl is even less agressive if that is even possible. Rosco is pure bread Red nose and Lola is pure bread blue nose but I am thinking of calling them AMSTAFs from now on cause this whole PIT BULL thing is way outa hand....... PUNNISH THE DEED NOT THE BREED!!! **** vick and anybody responsible for similar actions.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

btw the only dog I have heard of turning on their owner is a Doberman Pincher but that doesnt mean they are a "bad bread" either. its 100% the way the owner raises them. and in fact if you do a little homework the bread for the most dog bites reported by far is the Lab. and the "pit bull" is the lowest but most often result in death. but again it goes back to the owner.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ssdriver27
btw the only dog I have heard of turning on their owner is a Doberman Pincher but that doesnt mean they are a "bad bread" either. its 100% the way the owner raises them. and in fact if you do a little homework the bread for the most dog bites reported by far is the Lab. and the "pit bull" is the lowest but most often result in death. but again it goes back to the owner.
The whole thing with Pit Bulls being more feared is that locking jaw thing everyone talks about. Never having been lunched on by a Pit, I wouldn't know if it was true, but it sounds scary so people will run with it, true or not.