Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Bad news, Good news

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad news, Good news

I paid Mike @ Accurate Engines a visit today to pay the balance on my engine rebuild and he gave me some bad news. Seems JE hasn't made my pistons yet that he ordered a month ago.

And then came some good news. He was talking to a guy about his up-coming full page ad for some car magazines as I was carrying in my intake to show him and he asked if I'd like to have my engine in his ad. Not as good as the whole car but I'll take it.....

And then came the other good news, he said he was ordering a different brand piston that would be just as good that would be on their way ASAP.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well mark that is some good news. What mag do you know?
Old 01-26-2008, 02:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good and bad!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad they had a fix for you.

and to hear about the publicity
Old 01-26-2008, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Good and bad!
Luckily I'm not working to a deadline this year like you are Ellis! And I have plenty of stuff to do to the car to keep me busy while I wait for the engine to get completed. Other than the body parts that are welded together, I will have taken this car completely apart & re-assembled it with new parts when I'm done.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Luckily I'm not working to a deadline this year like you are Ellis! And I have plenty of stuff to do to the car to keep me busy while I wait for the engine to get completed. Other than the body parts that are welded together, I will have taken this car completely apart & re-assembled it with new parts when I'm done.
I feel you there! In this last year and at one time or another removed every single bolt on my car. Literally!

It is worth it as you come down the long stretch. It has been a year since you and I started taking it back apart!
Old 01-26-2008, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

better news then I got... what brand pistons did he end up going with? are they 3k? LOL
Old 01-26-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

It seems like shops in the Seattle area are disliked by JE. I had a similar problem 2 years ago when I was doing some work up there. Got Fedup because I've ordered pistons from JE myself, and have never taken longer then 2 weeks..... Called Schmidt, they had the pistons and an entire shortblock from SCRATCH (With custom JE Pistons no less), DONE in 1 week having NONE of the parts in stock.... I have someone in Yakima to freshen my engines up, but I refuse to have anything built in the Northwest anymore.

What happened Arron?
Old 01-26-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Regular

Oh, and Mark, where's the new Blower
Old 01-26-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Thats kinda cool though. You had a trial run with the old car and could see the things you would do different but they were already done and worked fine so there wasnt any motivation to change it. This time you can do all those things the way you wanted to the first time and then some.
Should be interesting seeing the car when you get her all back together. As **** as you were with the old sleigh Im sure there will be alot of little details to check out.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by turbo50
Thats kinda cool though. You had a trial run with the old car and could see the things you would do different but they were already done and worked fine so there wasnt any motivation to change it. This time you can do all those things the way you wanted to the first time and then some.
Should be interesting seeing the car when you get her all back together. As **** as you were with the old sleigh Im sure there will be alot of little details to check out.
Dude that ****** truck......

That is bad ***..
Old 01-26-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by crazylane
Dude that ****** truck......

That is bad ***..
Thanks, I have a ton of time into that thing. It started out as a rusted out but original truck. Then the guy who owns it bought a back halved S10. We put the ****** cab on the S10 frame and I built the bed from scratch (the stake pockets and fenders were store bought). One of these days we''ll get it on a dyno and see how much power that 6-71'd, AFR'd, 355 makes and get it tuned right.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

I just sold a 62 ******. 4x4. it was in awesome shap only rust was the bed, and driver side floorboard. It was a fixerupers dream truck..

sorry for the thread highjack. Im done now lol
Old 01-27-2008, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by KTamez
Oh, and Mark, where's the new Blower
You're as bad as Elllis....
Originally Posted by turbo50
Tis true, and I have upgraded or changed most of the things I /we didn't like. Should be interesting if it all works. I still need to bite the bullet & upgrade to a 10 pt cage....
Old 01-27-2008, 10:45 AM
10 Second Club

You're as bad as Elllis....

Tis true, and I have upgraded or changed most of the things I /we didn't like. Should be interesting if it all works. I still need to bite the bullet & upgrade to a 10 pt cage....
i would definately bite that bullit before you get shot with it
Old 01-27-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, that's an explanation for the car... What about that overdue jet airliner?
Old 01-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey there is a 10pt in the for sale section..

I know what it feels like to wait for parts
Old 01-27-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by esoteric
Well, that's an explanation for the car... What about that overdue jet airliner?
Geeze, classic right there

I tend to wonder how many will be running the track this year with a 10 pt cage. We know of two - who is hiding what in the garage?
Old 01-27-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by esoteric
Blame Kent, he screwed it up.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Geeze, classic right there

I tend to wonder how many will be running the track this year with a 10 pt cage. We know of two - who is hiding what in the garage?
There is already 4 that i can think of. Not me though when i get my stuff back together I am going racing and no need to go faster.
Robert

Quick Reply: Bad news, Good news